What games are you playing?

Search This thread

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
A couple years back, I LOVED gaming. I can't remember a day where I didn't love to game. Anymore though, most of my gaming consists of Magic cards and Chess.

So, let me know what you guys are playing, and more importantly, why. I haven't gotten around to playing these, buy a few years back these were the games I loved:

* The entire KOTOR series. Best RPG, amazing story that branches off from the main Star Wars story really well, and you get to be a freaking Jedi. For 3/4 year old me (gosh) it was a pretty great series. Admittedly, I didn't play KOTOR 2 until Thanksgiving of 2014. I played through them both during my break, and had logged over 100 hours over it... So KOTOR consumed my break that year. It's that good. The best part? KOTOR 2 runs on Linux. I don't know why no one has made the original available on Linux but Wine is always an option. KOTOR 3 is pretty much a bigger meme than Half Life 3 at this point...

* Left 4 Dead 2. When I was a kid, my mother and I used to play it. You get to slaughter zombies. Pissed that zombies keep beating you? Well guess what? You can be a freaking zombie. Enough said. Runs on Linux too. Certainly a title very close to me. More so than Half Life ever was (yes, I said that)

* ALL OF THE FALLOUT AND ELDER SCROLLS GAMES. EVER. I started with these games at a very young age... About six. I played Oblivion religiously. Over several years one of my characters had over 2k hours of gameplay alone. It's a bit different now. When I was a kid I used to fantasize that something so surreal could one day be real. I guess that imagination is part of the reason I love technology so much... Because it's a real solution to the unimaginable. I played Skyrim, loved Fallout NV, am still trying to get through Morrowind, and blew my way through Fallout 3. I love these games. I wish I had Fallout 4, but hey, there's so many of them that you can't have them all. I haven't played TES Online either.

* Trine 2. Love the mechanics, love the stupid story, love the Linux support, and I love the graphics (even if I am blind lol). 10/10, would play again.

* Stardew Valley. I've never played it, but I've seen gameplay and it reminds me of Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing holds a special place in my heart because it was the only game my family could really play without fighting lol (sad truth). I love the mechanics and from what I've seen of it, it looks brilliant. Linux support is there too. Check it out. It's sort of like Harvest Moon but better (farming simulator).

Those are a few of my favorite picks at least. I used to game but now I really don't except for over breaks like Christmas break and the summer. School is pretty dear to my heart.

So let me know what you guys are playing. If you want to add me on steam, my username is: eyecantcu

Reactions: garwynn

MaartenXDA

Oct 2, 2012
Amsterdam
Just to get the ball rolling on this thread:
I've always played and am still playing competitive, multiplayer games. I used to play COD a lot on the PS3 (I know, basic), and did the same once I got my Xbox One. Then eventually rocket league came to the Xbox, so I started playing that a lot, and when Overwatch was released I picked that up as well.
Now I've recently switched to PC, and on it I still play Overwatch and Rocket League a lot.

Rocket League: Love the nearly infinitely high skill-ceiling. Every time I feel like I've perfected a mechanic, I find something else to work on. Really satisfactory.

Overwatch: I just love the mix of teamwork and individual skill. You don't only have to improve your aim and positioning, but learning how to work with your team has great effect on the game as well.
Besides that, having the competitive system to show me how well I'm playing really motivates me and makes it worth playing the game.

Reactions: CertifiedBlyndGuy

Eodmule

Feb 20, 2011
Duke Nukem: I cut my "gaming" teeth playing Duke Nukem against coworkers on a bastardized network at my office during off hours.

Command & Conquer: We then started playing Command & Conquer in a bracket type best out of three competition. The entire C & C franchise were great real time strategy games.

Warcraft: I got my daughters addicted to these games and as a family we would play against each other. What actually happened was my daughters and my wife would gang up against me and try to completely destroy me. Most of the time they did but every once and a while I would win.

Diablo: The entire series. Every game, every expansion to date. I've always loved the game and still continue to play to the date.

Fallout: Again the entire series. I also still play one of these games several time a week. I'm way behind but just recently got Fallout 4 and the scenery in the game of gorgeous, you know for a post apocalyptic world and all.

Terraria: This sandbox type game is great for when you just want some mindless exploration in a vast and varying universe.

eragon5779

Dec 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
LG G8
* PUBG. Yes, it's a little cliche at this point, but a buddy and I thought it looked fun, and now I am on my uni's E-Sports team for it.

* Factorio. Lots of thinking involved, and I love thinking and optimizing things.

* Fallout/Elder Scrolls/Witcher. For when I need to get my open-world RPG itch scratched. Have dumped thousands of hours into these series.

* Minceraft. For when I am playing with a few friends that run huge servers (I do command block stuff for them).

* Borderlands. Mindless shooting. 'nuff said.

* Final Fantasy/Legend of Dragoon. The JRPG itch never goes away. A whole world awaits each time.

I have a 2TB drive dedicated to keeping all of my games downloaded, and it's nearly full. I have lots of games that I play, but those have been the main ones the last few months.

DodoGTA

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2015
* PUBG. Yes, it's a little cliche at this point, but a buddy and I thought it looked fun, and now I am on my uni's E-Sports team for it.

* Factorio. Lots of thinking involved, and I love thinking and optimizing things.

* Fallout/Elder Scrolls/Witcher. For when I need to get my open-world RPG itch scratched. Have dumped thousands of hours into these series.

* Minceraft. For when I am playing with a few friends that run huge servers (I do command block stuff for them).

* Final Fantasy/Legend of Dragoon. The JRPG itch never goes away. A whole world awaits each time.

I have a 2TB drive dedicated to keeping all of my games downloaded, and it's nearly full. I have lots of games that I play, but those have been the main ones the last few months.
That misspelling though... :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus using XDA Labs

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
This is general... just like any other one chatting it up about anything will be allowed so long as it doesn't descend into madness.

That said I'm still largely playing Destiny 2. I have PUBG but suck horribly and have yet to finish the new Wolfenstein.
Slowly going to catch up on the backlog until FFXV and Ace Combat 7 both hit next year. Those are my must-haves for 2018.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A couple years back, I LOVED gaming. I can't remember a day where I didn't love to game. Anymore though, most of my gaming consists of Magic cards and Chess.

So, let me know what you guys are playing, and more importantly, why. I haven't gotten around to playing these, buy a few years back these were the games I loved:

* The entire KOTOR series. Best RPG, amazing story that branches off from the main Star Wars story really well, and you get to be a freaking Jedi. For 3/4 year old me (gosh) it was a pretty great series. Admittedly, I didn't play KOTOR 2 until Thanksgiving of 2014. I played through them both during my break, and had logged over 100 hours over it... So KOTOR consumed my break that year. It's that good. The best part? KOTOR 2 runs on Linux. I don't know why no one has made the original available on Linux but Wine is always an option. KOTOR 3 is pretty much a bigger meme than Half Life 3 at this point...

* Left 4 Dead 2. When I was a kid, my mother and I used to play it. You get to slaughter zombies. Pissed that zombies keep beating you? Well guess what? You can be a freaking zombie. Enough said. Runs on Linux too. Certainly a title very close to me. More so than Half Life ever was (yes, I said that)

* ALL OF THE FALLOUT AND ELDER SCROLLS GAMES. EVER. I started with these games at a very young age... About six. I played Oblivion religiously. Over several years one of my characters had over 2k hours of gameplay alone. It's a bit different now. When I was a kid I used to fantasize that something so surreal could one day be real. I guess that imagination is part of the reason I love technology so much... Because it's a real solution to the unimaginable. I played Skyrim, loved Fallout NV, am still trying to get through Morrowind, and blew my way through Fallout 3. I love these games. I wish I had Fallout 4, but hey, there's so many of them that you can't have them all. I haven't played TES Online either.

* Trine 2. Love the mechanics, love the stupid story, love the Linux support, and I love the graphics (even if I am blind lol). 10/10, would play again.

* Stardew Valley. I've never played it, but I've seen gameplay and it reminds me of Animal Crossing. Animal Crossing holds a special place in my heart because it was the only game my family could really play without fighting lol (sad truth). I love the mechanics and from what I've seen of it, it looks brilliant. Linux support is there too. Check it out. It's sort of like Harvest Moon but better (farming simulator).

Those are a few of my favorite picks at least. I used to game but now I really don't except for over breaks like Christmas break and the summer. School is pretty dear to my heart.

So let me know what you guys are playing. If you want to add me on steam, my username is: eyecantcu
    Whoops... Sorry everyone. I'm not sure this complies with forum rules. It isn't directly related to hardware
    Just to get the ball rolling on this thread:
    I've always played and am still playing competitive, multiplayer games. I used to play COD a lot on the PS3 (I know, basic), and did the same once I got my Xbox One. Then eventually rocket league came to the Xbox, so I started playing that a lot, and when Overwatch was released I picked that up as well.
    Now I've recently switched to PC, and on it I still play Overwatch and Rocket League a lot.

Rocket League: Love the nearly infinitely high skill-ceiling. Every time I feel like I've perfected a mechanic, I find something else to work on. Really satisfactory.

Overwatch: I just love the mix of teamwork and individual skill. You don't only have to improve your aim and positioning, but learning how to work with your team has great effect on the game as well.
    Besides that, having the competitive system to show me how well I'm playing really motivates me and makes it worth playing the game.
    Duke Nukem: I cut my "gaming" teeth playing Duke Nukem against coworkers on a bastardized network at my office during off hours.

Command & Conquer: We then started playing Command & Conquer in a bracket type best out of three competition. The entire C & C franchise were great real time strategy games.

Warcraft: I got my daughters addicted to these games and as a family we would play against each other. What actually happened was my daughters and my wife would gang up against me and try to completely destroy me. Most of the time they did but every once and a while I would win.

Diablo: The entire series. Every game, every expansion to date. I've always loved the game and still continue to play to the date.

Fallout: Again the entire series. I also still play one of these games several time a week. I'm way behind but just recently got Fallout 4 and the scenery in the game of gorgeous, you know for a post apocalyptic world and all.

Terraria: This sandbox type game is great for when you just want some mindless exploration in a vast and varying universe.