• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

What happened to galaxy r forum.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drarunmmc

May 11, 2012
CHENNAI
Hi guys. .
When we had ginger bread, our forum was a place of joy , excitement, fun, expectations, little anger and hope

But now after this leaked ics
It is a place of silence, fear, disappointment, sorrow, cautions ,and anguish ..

I personally don't like this sitiuation ..
When will our forum be back to normal. ?

I request the developers to postpone all your rom developments for some while till we get a official rom..
I just wanted to this express this distressing feeling which I am facing now..
I hope we will come out of this soon by gods grace..:(:(:(

ROYAL PEOPLE WITH ROYAL MOBILE

Reactions: Indha Lezzio

The-Droidster

May 27, 2012
XDA 24 x 7
First off...this topic should be discussed here.

Secondly, there's no cause for resentment. This confusion is much expected and natural, more so considering the fact that we have "received" ICS in such a unorthodox way! There's no harm in discussing problems and bugs. ROM and other development projects can't wait for Sammy!

I admit that this sudden development of events has led the forum into a frenzy, but this is only going to be temporary.:fingers-crossed:
As far as the current trend of creating threads haphazardly is concerned, I suggest we have a few centralized threads with proper OP instructions instead of a bunch of these repeating the same topic again and again!

I guess our moderator could help in cleaning up the forum a bit with the help of few senior members.:good:

Reactions: GeorgePB

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Hi guys. .
When we had ginger bread, our forum was a place of joy , excitement, fun, expectations, little anger and hope

But now after this leaked ics
It is a place of silence, fear, disappointment, sorrow, cautions ,and anguish ..

I personally don't like this sitiuation ..
When will our forum be back to normal. ?

I request the developers to postpone all your rom developments for some while till we get a official rom..
I just wanted to this express this distressing feeling which I am facing now..
I hope we will come out of this soon by gods grace..:(:(:(

ROYAL PEOPLE WITH ROYAL MOBILE
its normal dude....any new changes are bound to create some confusion, problems..once they are sorted everything would be fine...

vrajan

May 11, 2008
Chennai
TBF, i dont find any silence, fear, disappointment, sorrow, cautions ,and anguish ..
i dont know whre you found that
Cheers !
I second that. In fact I can see more positives, people like me also started contributing to our device now which wasn't the case before :p:p.

Sent from my GT-I9103

Last edited:

emanoj.i9103

Jan 25, 2012
Atlanta
www.twitter.com
Should say the initial hiccups of unclear sky towards ics rom and other issues might have made him think so. we're almost there on finding a safe way to come back to gb from ics and prevent any hard bricks. Might be we're(galaxy Royale) gaining more attention every day compared to the past. :)

Sent from my GT-I9103

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 1, 2009
Australia
In fact, you guys have pleasantly surprised me with how cool, calm, collected and on-topic you have remained at this exciting time. I think that's a testament to just how well you guys work together.

I think there's always going to be a little 'fear' when new software arrives: 'what bugs does it bring?', 'will I brick when flashing?', 'what if performance/battery life are worse?' etc. These are a natural part of updates, and do cause people to hold back and go quiet a little, for a while. Same thing happened in SGS2 and Note forums, especially after discovery of the eMMC_CAP_ERASE bug - that scared a lot of people off.

In short, I really don't see the shift in dynamics that the OP alludes to. You're still a great forum, you work well together, and your RCs are among the best I've had the pleasure of working with so far. Keep it up, because it's very impressive :good:

Thread closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.