What happened to the NFC icon?

Search This thread

p.dixon0

Feb 2, 2008
South Shields
Have you hidden it with Goodlock 2018 by any chance?

Actually, just played about with mine and yep, no NFC icon, doesn't matter what you do in Goodlock with it...

Last edited:

rsfinsrq

Dec 18, 2010
Sarasota, FL
I'm on T-Mobile SQU1ARJ8 and the NFC icon does show.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181124-095409_XDA.jpg
    Screenshot_20181124-095409_XDA.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 471

pizza_pablo

Dec 6, 2013
PNW
Have you hidden it with Goodlock 2018 by any chance?

Actually, just played about with mine and yep, no NFC icon, doesn't matter what you do in Goodlock with it...
That was my first thought.

I have the Verizon 8/512 version on Android 8.1.0 and security patch dated 1 November.
The NFC icon shows in my status bar when on.

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
Yep, U1 model. I don't have good lock installed. Was wondering if it's anything to do with Zacharee System UI tuner or swift installer, but I don't think so. I checked wife's u1 , same thing and hers is stock with no tweaks like swift or system ui tuner installed.

It might be just unlocked devices that behave like this?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

raul6

Jan 26, 2009
In system ui on your N9 is the icon listed and appear active? Can you view the icon among all the available icons in the quick settings panel? It may well be that U1 firmware is different and hiding it but what would be the purpose of it.

rusty.gh

Oct 20, 2011
Murrieta
If you turn on NFC, does an icon show up in your status bar indicating it's turned on? Mine doesn't.

WoW! I had not noticed that yet on my N960U1 model, it doesn't show, how awesome is that? I never wanted that to show anyways. I have NFC in my first pull down and you can see there if it's on, and I usually keep it off because now I use Samsung pay and don't need it! To each his own. Hope you get it resolved in a way I get to keep it hidden. ;)

Reactions: Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Oct 3, 2013
Florida unfortunately.
WoW! I had not noticed that yet on my N960U1 model, it doesn't show, how awesome is that? I never wanted that to show anyways. I have NFC in my first pull down and you can see there if it's on, and I usually keep it off because now I use Samsung pay and don't need it! To each his own. Hope you get it resolved in a way I get to keep it hidden. ;)
No resolution needed. Thanks for the confirmation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on T-Mobile SQU1ARJ8 and the NFC icon does show.

Check for a software update. I just got ARK1 this morning from T-Mobile.

And my NFC icon is still there.
    Did you check System UI maybe the icon is inadvertently hidden?
    It will not show on unlocked firmwares aka U1... its just for carrier firmwares
    If you turn on NFC, does an icon show up in your status bar indicating it's turned on? Mine doesn't.

No resolution needed. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yup! Can also confirm it's present on the T-Mo formware, but not on the U1 firmware. Your phone, unlike you, Limey, is perfectly normal. :laugh:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone