What happened with this section?

Search This thread

Arjen

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 26, 2011
Musselkanaal
I have been a regular user for a long time here and I don't like what I see and read here the last weeks.
Users being disrespectfull,demanding etc. And why?
People are working hard on the things they like to do most: hacking, porting, developing. But the reactions some get...

We have rules here at XDA,but some things are also just common sense.
Please show that you know how to behave and it will be more fun again for all of us.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

dnle71

Nov 9, 2011
I am also regular at this site everyday. But, some noobs just want the dev's to get out of this community.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2

DJBhardwaj

Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
I am also regular at this site everyday. But, some noobs just want the dev's to get out of this community.

They are gonna enjoy when all of us will be moving to other devices. Arjen already bought S3
I'm going too.
Adam is going for nexus 7, soon enough ;)

DJNoXD

Sep 9, 2008
djnoxd.blogspot.de
I have been a regular user for a long time here and I don't like what I see and read here the last weeks.
People are working hard on the things they like to do most: hacking, porting, developing. But the reactions some get...

Please show that you know how to behave and it will be more fun again for all of us.

Completely aggree.
The main problem (just my point of view) is that those "noobs" ignore any compents (if I think on hephappy's thread) and think they know everything.
And because they don't work on there own project, they don't know how much work (all in the free time of the devs) has to be done.

H

hephappy

Don't worry

Don't worry!

My roms are available via Rom Manager.

Rom manager -> Download rom -> hephappy -> Select rom

No more xda = no more noobs...

Rom manager note:
ROM hosting is free. ROMs hosted via ROM Manager Developer Portal will be listed
in the free section 5 days of the week. The other 2 days of the week, it will be
listed in the premium section. The days may vary from developer to developer
so not all developers are in the premium section at the same time.

lipe082

Dec 25, 2010
porto

Well you are complety right im a xda user for almost 2 years and this setion was fun thanks to devs. and users but in the last 2 months appears so many new people ho now everything altouhg im not a dev and only start about 2 days learning how to modify well you guys have all credit from yesterday i build JB just for learning propuses and that gave me an ideai of what you guys do for free but noobs keep sayng others phones why ours dont lol just lol what i think is more worst is that they dont read first before postimg stupid stuff android its not made only for p500 and android versions evolve like the new phones evolve if we want new stuff we need other phone we cant push more for this awseome device that was my first android device and thanks to this comunity open source now i have 3 diferent devices of course we cant buy what we want whenever we want but noobs have to learn how to trust devs. if they say this is impossible to rum thats because its RESPECT TO M.A.C. TEAM AND ALL OTHERS THAT ONLY GEEKS THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING I LEARN AND AM LEARNING ABOUT ANDROID IN A GENERAL WAY.
.spcealy arjen ho already give me tipes and with them i put CM9 working in my tablet thanks a lot.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app

shishimaru1000

Dec 21, 2010
You are all free to go but your attitude is kind of disgusting. Noobs you say? I bet you are noob also if I speak of something you don't know. Learn to respect everyone before pretending to be respected... And by the way, I can say that EVERYONE showed A LOT of gratitude for the hard work of you developers and LOVE you.

myawan

Dec 18, 2011
You are all free to go but your attitude is kind of disgusting. Noobs you say? I bet you are noob also if I speak of something you don't know. Learn to respect everyone before pretending to be respected... And by the way, I can say that EVERYONE showed A LOT of gratitude for the hard work of you developers and LOVE you.

I kinda agree here, developers get all the respect, praise and following but they get bossy and abusive at times. Evrerybody likes to have good ROMs but not at the price of self respect I guess.
Everybody has a noob stage in life or maybe someone who you call noob at XDA might be a scholar in his field so XDA is not the end of the world. The best way to treat somebody who you dont like is to 'ignore'.
If a dev has 500 fans and 50 of them are ignorant noobs, even then its not a bad deal.
MORAL: Everybody start giving respect, dont be short tempered, value devs work and try to ignore if thats the only option.

Cheers!

IKnowIRock!

Feb 24, 2012
Colombo
I kinda agree here, developers get all the respect, praise and following but they get bossy and abusive at times. Evrerybody likes to have good ROMs but not at the price of self respect I guess.
Everybody has a noob stage in life or maybe someone who you call noob at XDA might be a scholar in his field so XDA is not the end of the world. The best way to treat somebody who you dont like is to 'ignore'.
If a dev has 500 fans and 50 of them are ignorant noobs, even then its not a bad deal.
MORAL: Everybody start giving respect, dont be short tempered, value devs work and try to ignore if thats the only option.

Cheers!

+1 :)
Everybody is a "noob" at one time.Lot of people think they are the boss and call others noobs, but that pretty much wont last long.I ain't a developer but love all the developing works in here.Its really obvious from the thank meters of great devs, how much respected they are in this community.
Not anybody is born really intelligent and talented.
Everybody learn something from others and improve it.That is how the system works.
Everybody has their own field which they are perfect at.In that field, the "bosses" in here could be noobs.
I think everybody should learn to respect others to gain respect.

Sent from my LG-P500 running Ginger Snap

Last edited:

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
100% Noob for Reason and Courtesy

I have been a professional developer but for internals and ROMs, I am 100% "Noob." Most of what I see on this little thread is much less than helpful. Enough already.

Anyone who read my posts would see that my tone does not fit the stereotype be harangued here. I do not use the F word, the S word, make ridiculous claims and demands of more experienced (fantastic!) "Devs." Any suggestions I make are with respect and humility. Maybe the ideas will pan out, maybe not.

If I do not have CM10 on this old phone, I am delighted with ICS. (Indeed, Google Now will soon enough work here without JB, a matter of time and ingenuity.) I do hope JB (or as I have termed in more realistically "Jelly-Sandwich") will work on the phone, but there are other things in life. I did not enter XDA for all the negativity and tension. Friendship and respect are more important the ROMs and tweaks.

cupliz

Apr 19, 2011
Peace
I dont read p500 so munch like old time, im have buy new device and i busy with that, but this problem has rolling day by day, even before arjen and adam start developing here, it has make alot of casualties like andy, doctornotor, etc..

What you expect from from developer?
Their ideas, their works, their time, so i think they must have bigger egos than me, im just a Leacher... Just download and give feedbacks if you like their works, or leave it like that if you hate he/his works. No need flaming, another person have their glasses and viewpoint.

Xda is made for us. we here for our needs, even every devices will death development, we just try make as long as we can, and flaming is not the way to make our beloved p500 ageless like htc hero...

Thx for all developers That i known for 1.5years till now day in this section... GBU.

Sent from my PG86100

Reactions: myawan

DJBhardwaj

Recognized Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Delhi
Arjen, I shall call franco here
He was the most obsessed by noob questions :D
You believe that a kernel dev recieved PMs regarding how to flash kernels. Lol

Reactions: vlt96 and Holiwii

raj_k_r

Feb 23, 2011
Bengaluru
Arjen, can I request you to close this thread? I could understand your good intentions behind starting this thread but this is going totally in a different direction. I hope all of you agree with me that tit for tat attitude is not good for anybody. Its high time that we stop all this and come to normal mode, cooperate and make this community a great place to do better things.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I re-read this thread after seeing a trend that really makes me disappointed in some members.

I've realized that the noob questions don't bother me nearly as much as the responses from people who either ridicule or threaten those who post. Why not pm them instead of extending the mistake over several back and forth comments that aren't related.

And, what's with the recent trend of people suggesting, in the thread, that another be reported or banned? Why not just report them yourself and keep your own crap out of the thread? For such comments, you should also be reported for the same reason.

Maybe I'm totally off base here. But, I bet if we see a comment on a thread that we think violates the forum rules or the op request, just report it and move on. We'd all appreciate it.

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda app-developers app
    Lots of ego stuff, from both sides

Completely aggree.
    The main problem (just my point of view) is that those "noobs" ignore any compents (if I think on hephappy's thread) and think they know everything.
    And because they don't work on there own project, they don't know how much work (all in the free time of the devs) has to be done.
    Arjen, I shall call franco here
    He was the most obsessed by noob questions :D
    You believe that a kernel dev recieved PMs regarding how to flash kernels. Lol

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone