Question What has happened to one +

Search This thread

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Those mods depends on developers... Those guys get old and do not care about development anymore.
We now have only the manufacturers and google mainly.

Including Android 13 beta, it's available for us.
I've made a mod for this device mate. I've made guides.

Something is different with this device.

I just wish I'd seen it before.

Game over for me pal... Sitting with this crap OOS for another year?? No chance I'm getting the pixel 7 this turd it's getting sold

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Game over for me pal... Sitting with this crap OOS for another year?? No chance I'm getting the pixel 7 this turd it's getting sold
Honestly the holdup is probably on Qualcomm. Sahara is updated v3.x, so all firehose tools we've had stopped working. If MSM was leaked successfully, people would be able to reverse the new protocol, so QCom probably put more restrictions on OEMs to prevent that. Additionally, sources still doesn't seem to be released so nothing really can be built against. Check out any SD8G1 devices and the dev support currently:

The pickings are gonna be slim if you wanna be on SD8G1 and want a custom ROM.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Honestly the holdup is probably on Qualcomm. Sahara is updated v3.x, so all firehose tools we've had stopped working. If MSM was leaked successfully, people would be able to reverse the new protocol, so QCom probably put more restrictions on OEMs to prevent that. Additionally, sources still doesn't seem to be released so nothing really can be built against. Check out any SD8G1 devices and the dev support currently:

There are MSM Tools out for ColorOS on the 10 Pro though. Three of them, in fact, are publicly available, they're just encrypted.

If Qualcomm is going to start being anti-developer, I guess it's a good thing that Pixel doesn't use their processors anymore.

Reactions: dladz and duttyend

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
There are MSM Tools out for ColorOS on the 10 Pro though. Three of them, in fact, are publicly available, they're just encrypted.
Exactly, it got leaked but OnePlus put more protections around it. The thing itself is packed as well, I was able to start reversing it, and the protocol commands are COMPLETELY different. A lot of lower level things are much easier to reverse from dynamic analysis rather than static with vmprotect and other packers on. I don't really have time to do a full deep dive analysis on the protocol while not being able to even see it in action, just complete guesses. See https://github.com/bkerler/edl/issues/274 for a brief description in the 3rd post. Even if the loader is sent, the magic to start communication in firehose is now different as well, so after getting past sahara, now you have to deal with firehose.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Exactly, it got leaked but OnePlus put more protections around it. The thing itself is packed as well, I was able to start reversing it, and the protocol commands are COMPLETELY different. A lot of lower level things are much easier to reverse from dynamic analysis rather than static with vmprotect and other packers on. I don't really have time to do a full deep dive analysis on the protocol while not being able to even see it in action, just complete guesses. See https://github.com/bkerler/edl/issues/274 for a brief description in the 3rd post. Even if the loader is sent, the magic to start communication in firehose is now different as well, so after getting past sahara, now you have to deal with firehose.
Sounds like it is time to move away from Qualcomm then. I guess my next phone is going to be a Pixel after all. At least there I know that I'll get rapid updates that actually fix bugs rather than this nonsense with OnePlus that forces people to go to custom ROMs just to get basic functionality and a stable device in the first place.

Reactions: dladz

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Sounds like it is time to move away from Qualcomm then. I guess my next phone is going to be a Pixel after all. At least there I know that I'll get rapid updates that actually fix bugs rather than this nonsense with OnePlus that forces people to go to custom ROMs just to get basic functionality and a stable device in the first place.
Honestly I would just stick with OP9 on a supported stable rom of some kind and use it into the ground. Not sure what's going on but look at the dev section for Pixel 6 Pro, you got kernels, and that's about it, and it's been over 6 months since release already. The few roms that did come out are dying or dead.

If you don't care for custom roms to begin with, then samsung is always an option with an arguably better support promise than google

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Honestly I would just stick with OP9 on a supported stable rom of some kind and use it into the ground. Not sure what's going on but look at the dev section for Pixel 6 Pro, you got kernels, and that's about it, and it's been over 6 months since release already. The few roms that did come out are dying or dead.

If you don't care for custom roms to begin with, then samsung is always an option with an arguably better support promise than google
Oh no, I definitely do care for custom ROMs, I am *never* happy being locked down to what the manufacturer wants me to have which is why my last Samsung was the Note 5. If I got a Pixel, I would probably install ProtonAOSP (which is available on Pixel 6/Pro), use the Pixelify Magisk module to get back anything I lost, and be happy as can be. The only reasons I didn't go with the Pixel 6 originally were the reports of the crappy screen, the crappy Samsung modem (that's still giving people problems), and the crappy battery life. The 6 Pro was out because of the curved screen, the crappy modem, and the crappy battery life. My OP9 has none of those issues, just janky stock software complete with a massive and unacceptable SoC throttle and a buggy boot/fastboot implementation that makes it easy to brick.

I am happy with my OnePlus 9 now that I have StagOS paired with OOS12 C.48 firmware, there are only very minor issues and one major one that I have to remember to work around every time I restart the phone, but I am never happy for long and I get grass is always greener syndrome pretty frequently lol. I have been keeping tabs on the OP10P forum because it was originally going to be my next device (I only just got my 9 in February and I'm already wanting something new) but obviously the situation right now with OOS12 being a dumpster fire and how many people have bricked their OP10P trying to root it or change the firmware between regions... it's not a great sales pitch for sure when there isn't an MSM available and it sounds like there won't be for quite awhile, if ever.

Vikram878

Apr 4, 2022
There are so many issues with this phone and I started to hate the OnePlus. I'm definitely going to change my OP10 Pro to Google Pixel 7!

Prant

Jan 23, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yeah, I've been a oneplus fan for a long time. AT&T forced me to upgrade from my OP7Pro due to them discontinuing the older bands and I got the 10 pro without much research.

It works great, I've been loving it and it hasn't had nearly as much bugs as others have said with the hangs and what not. Everything feels super crisp, but I definitely agree with the overtuning optimization. Can't even background a game to send a text without it closing. Terrible.

So I'm already thinking I should have gotten the 9 Pro. More 5G bands, why the hell they got RID of a feature is beyond me, and actual custom ROM support, albeit very new. I'm sure given enough time the 10 pro will have custom roms, but the drought sure is making me feel like trading it in for the 9 Pro.

TL;DR Definitely considering trading in my OP10Pro for OP9Pro.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Yeah, I've been a oneplus fan for a long time. AT&T forced me to upgrade from my OP7Pro due to them discontinuing the older bands and I got the 10 pro without much research.

It works great, I've been loving it and it hasn't had nearly as much bugs as others have said with the hangs and what not. Everything feels super crisp, but I definitely agree with the overtuning optimization. Can't even background a game to send a text without it closing. Terrible.

So I'm already thinking I should have gotten the 9 Pro. More 5G bands, why the hell they got RID of a feature is beyond me, and actual custom ROM support, albeit very new. I'm sure given enough time the 10 pro will have custom roms, but the drought sure is making me feel like trading it in for the 9 Pro.

TL;DR Definitely considering trading in my OP10Pro for OP9Pro.
The phone is on point mate, the stamina and performance...even the camera is good (beside the lack of macro) video zooming is amazing and so smooth and stable, battery will last 3 days with little use or 10+ hours SOT otherwise, definitely 8+

Performance as I said is nuts. PS2 games? No problem, full 60 FPS which is a vast improvement over my 8pro, the 8 gen1 is superb, my phone's never got over 32-34c

I've read it's Qualcomm being bumholes, I've heard Devs just won't get it (waiting for the 11)
I've read all kinds of madness.

This would be the first time OnePlus has really dished out a dodo... Honestly the last time I felt like this it was with HTC, only we had ROMs to flash, I know things have changed and Google wants to go the way of Apple, probably to get a nod from corporate tools who couldn't care less and will still buy an iPhone anyway.

I know we only account for a small percentage of people who buy Android devices and mod them I think it was 5-10% maybe less. But it doesn't end with those numbers, every person on XDA (well a large number) are usually the designated IT as nominated by their mum/dad/sisters etc and we fix things for everybody, but we also influence what they buy so no that percentage is a load of old twaddle, if you couple the rooters with the people we influence and the people the talk to, then that number is a much higher percentage.

Just reminds me of the HTC one X when Nvidia got hold of it and locked it down, HTC never recovered from that, Samsung saw an opening and the Galaxy's S took over, I think the pixel or something else will do the same to OnePlus, have been looking at the nothing phone, it looks ridiculous but it there's a custom ROM scene for it then I'm heading that way after one year with this.

Reactions: Prant and Aldonski

Aldonski

The phone is on point mate, the stamina and performance...even the camera is good (beside the lack of macro) video zooming is amazing and so smooth and stable, battery will last 3 days with little use or 10+ hours SOT otherwise, definitely 8+

Performance as I said is nuts. PS2 games? No problem, full 60 FPS which is a vast improvement over my 8pro, the 8 gen1 is superb, my phone's never got over 32-34c

I've read it's Qualcomm being bumholes, I've heard Devs just won't get it (waiting for the 11)
I've read all kinds of madness.

This would be the first time OnePlus has really dished out a dodo... Honestly the last time I felt like this it was with HTC, only we had ROMs to flash, I know things have changed and Google wants to go the way of Apple, probably to get a nod from corporate tools who couldn't care less and will still buy an iPhone anyway.

I know we only account for a small percentage of people who buy Android devices and mod them I think it was 5-10% maybe less. But it doesn't end with those numbers, every person on XDA (well a large number) are usually the designated IT as nominated by their mum/dad/sisters etc and we fix things for everybody, but we also influence what they buy so no that percentage is a load of old twaddle, if you couple the rooters with the people we influence and the people the talk to, then that number is a much higher percentage.

Just reminds me of the HTC one X when Nvidia got hold of it and locked it down, HTC never recovered from that, Samsung saw an opening and the Galaxy's S took over, I think the pixel or something else will do the same to OnePlus, have been looking at the nothing phone, it looks ridiculous but it there's a custom ROM scene for it then I'm heading that way after one year with this.
On point brother,

This is happening atm, and my last op phone unfortunately. This brand was the pc of the smartphone world, modding and general feel wise but not anymore...

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Nah, something else might come along but not Google. You can always leave it up to Google to **** something good up.

Timmmmaaahh!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Though I wouldn't communicate it in the same way (please keep it civil folks), I do very much agree that OnePlus has become exactly what they were up against back in 2014. They've become massive hypocrites by shutting out the community that made them. There was so much amazing development on the OnePlus One, which I have proudly owned as a daily driver for over 3 years, that a lot of community invented/inspired goodies ended up in all Android iterations by all brands active in the market today. It was truly revolutionary. And this is how OnePlus thanks us today: with a knife in our collective backs. Under the disguise of "improving security" – which is an easy excuse for a lot of things – companies like OnePlus and of course also Google have been striking development communities hard. Why? Not willing to deal with any liability or unpredictable situations (shareholders like keeping things predictable) I guess. The cool thing, though, is that we're still here and we're still developing! :LOL:

I currently have high hopes for Nothing. If it'll be anything like Bacon, another community revolution is just around the corner...

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
Though I wouldn't communicate it in the same way (please keep it civil folks), I do very much agree that OnePlus has become exactly what they were up against back in 2014. They've become massive hypocrites by shutting out the community that made them. There was so much amazing development on the OnePlus One, which I have proudly owned as a daily driver for over 3 years, that a lot of community invented/inspired goodies ended up in all Android iterations by all brands active in the market today. It was truly revolutionary. And this is how OnePlus thanks us today: with a knife in our collective backs. Under the disguise of "improving security" – which is an easy excuse for a lot of things – companies like OnePlus and of course also Google have been striking development communities hard. Why? Not willing to deal with any liability or unpredictable situations (shareholders like keeping things predictable) I guess. The cool thing, though, is that we're still here and we're still developing! :LOL:

I currently have high hopes for Nothing. If it'll be anything like Bacon, another community revolution is just around the corner...
Huawei!! Seems they all sing from the same song sheet.

Bring back HTC, c'mon Taiwan. You got this bro..😂

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As far as I can remember OnePlus has had ROMs / mods / kernels and god knows what very early on.

This turd? it's at the back of a very long smelly queue, the level of interest is non existent.

If you're planning to jump ship to this!

Don't.

Get a pixel or wait.

For me if this phone fails then it's bye bye OnePlus.

WTH happened??