Question What has happened to one +

Search This thread

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
What happen to One+ ? Google.
And now people want to buy Pixel phones.... Whaaat ?!?...
Nasty is that OnePlus 6, 6T, 7 Pro was easy to relock bootloader, to flash whatever..., 8 Pro was harder. 9 Pro even harder. On 10 Pro is Horrible!
I buy OnePlus phones after 3,4 months after release. Then usually we got any soft we need. To be onest is early on 10 pro (released on 31 march).
Also, google will "work" OS for Motorola (if you thinking to buy one) .... The MotoOS will be as "good" as OxygenOS. Guaranteed !
Now Huawei will get back with Google...
HTC was Fine while it lasted..., but Very Very Low software updates !

Reactions: galaxys

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Though I wouldn't communicate it in the same way (please keep it civil folks), I do very much agree that OnePlus has become exactly what they were up against back in 2014. They've become massive hypocrites by shutting out the community that made them. There was so much amazing development on the OnePlus One, which I have proudly owned as a daily driver for over 3 years, that a lot of community invented/inspired goodies ended up in all Android iterations by all brands active in the market today. It was truly revolutionary. And this is how OnePlus thanks us today: with a knife in our collective backs. Under the disguise of "improving security" – which is an easy excuse for a lot of things – companies like OnePlus and of course also Google have been striking development communities hard. Why? Not willing to deal with any liability or unpredictable situations (shareholders like keeping things predictable) I guess. The cool thing, though, is that we're still here and we're still developing! :LOL:

I currently have high hopes for Nothing. If it'll be anything like Bacon, another community revolution is just around the corner...
Nothing is already a nothingburger seeing how they won't be releasing in the US. Those of us who need a new phone and stick with Android (because many are switching to iPhone despite its limitations) are going to end up with a Pixel or Motorola and the vast majority will go Pixel. The only way that doesn't happen is if Google doesn't allow bootloader unlocking with the 7 series, OnePlus reverses course between now and then, there's an MSM Tool leak despite policy, etc. We still have 5-6 months before the 7 series will presumably be released so there is still time yet but it's not looking good, especially if Qualcomm is the one behind everything, because that would affect all devices using new Qualcomm SoCs.

Reactions: Prant

sicksick

Dec 27, 2019
OnePlus 8 Pro
There are MSM Tools out for ColorOS on the 10 Pro though. Three of them, in fact, are publicly available, they're just encrypted.

If Qualcomm is going to start being anti-developer, I guess it's a good thing that Pixel doesn't use their processors anymore.
can u please tell me how to login MSMdownload toll

sicksick

Dec 27, 2019
OnePlus 8 Pro
You can't. This tool is only for the technicians to use to remotely fix your phone. It even uses entirely different encryption from the standard MSM Tools so you can't even extract it to get the images.
I am using OnePlus since OnePlus one my last device is OnePlus 8 pro and so satisfying but OnePlus 10 pro is waste of money. I guess its time to switch from OnePlus

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
You can't. This tool is only for the technicians to use to remotely fix your phone. It even uses entirely different encryption from the standard MSM Tools so you can't even extract it to get the images.
Oh you can get the images, plenty of oppo decrypt projects out there. The problem is there is no way of talking to edl/sahara/firehose for when you **** up, so having these images is useless if you're bricked.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Oh you can get the images, plenty of oppo decrypt projects out there. The problem is there is no way of talking to edl/sahara/firehose for when you **** up, so having these images is useless if you're bricked.
Nope, tried the extraction, it doesn't work with the tools that are available. I filed an issue about it on the Oppo Decrypt GitHub. The ColorOS one uses a OnePlus OFP file instead of a OnePlus OPS like the other MSM Tools and neither the OPS or OFP decrypter worked with it, same issue with the ColorOS MSM for the 9 I checked. There seems to be different encryption on COS MSM Tools.

I wasn't aware of the change in Sahara until you pointed it out the other day though so yeah, that sucks.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Nope, tried the extraction, it doesn't work with the tools that are available. I filed an issue about it on the Oppo Decrypt GitHub. The ColorOS one uses a OnePlus OFP file instead of a OnePlus OPS like the other MSM Tools and neither the OPS or OFP decrypter worked with it, same issue with the ColorOS MSM for the 9 I checked. There seems to be different encryption on COS MSM Tools.

I wasn't aware of the change in Sahara until you pointed it out the other day though so yeah, that sucks.

Code:
:/mnt/e/android/OnePlus/OP10P/MSM/NE2210 Color OS A.07/NE2210$ ls
BTFM.bin                                                  DigestsToSign_20846_persist_yes_userdata_yes.bin.mbn  cpucp.elf               gpt_main4.bin          provision_hynix.xml    super.1.5da0ae97.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_all.bin                       DigestsToSign_nv00000000.bin.mbn                      devcfg.mbn              gpt_main5.bin          provision_micron.xml   super.2.46fdb373.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_persist_no_userdata_no.bin    DigestsToSign_nv10010111.bin.mbn                      dspso.bin               hypvm.mbn              provision_samsung.xml  tools.fv
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_persist_no_userdata_yes.bin   DigestsToSign_pre_provision.bin.mbn                   dtbo.img                imagefv.elf            provision_toshiba.xml  tz.mbn
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_persist_yes_userdata_no.bin   DigestsToSign_provision_hynix.bin.mbn                 dynamic_nvbk.20846.bin  keymint.mbn            qupv3fw.elf            uefi.elf
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_persist_yes_userdata_yes.bin  DigestsToSign_provision_micron.bin.mbn                emmc_fw.bin             logfs_ufs_8mb.bin      rawprogram0.xml        uefi_sec.mbn
ChainedTableOfDigests_nv00000000.bin                      DigestsToSign_provision_samsung.bin.mbn               engineering_cdt.img     metadata.img           rawprogram1.xml        userdata.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_nv10010111.bin                      DigestsToSign_provision_toshiba.bin.mbn               featenabler.mbn         oplus20846.bin         rawprogram2.xml        vbmeta.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_pre_provision.bin                   NON-HLOS.bin                                          gpt_backup0.bin         oplus_sec.mbn          rawprogram3.xml        vbmeta_system.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_provision_hynix.bin                 ProFile.xml                                           gpt_backup1.bin         oplusreserve2.img      rawprogram4.xml        vbmeta_vendor.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_provision_micron.bin                Projectconfig.xml                                     gpt_backup2.bin         patch0.xml             rawprogram5.xml        vendor_boot.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_provision_samsung.bin               Setting.xml                                           gpt_backup3.bin         patch1.xml             recovery.img           xbl_config.elf
ChainedTableOfDigests_provision_toshiba.bin               XblRamdump.elf                                        gpt_backup4.bin         patch2.xml             sec_smt.dat            xbl_s.melf
DRIVER.ISO                                                abl.elf                                               gpt_backup5.bin         patch3.xml             shrm.elf               zeros_5sectors.bin
DigestsToSign_20846_all.bin.mbn                           aop.mbn                                               gpt_main0.bin           patch4.xml             splash.img
DigestsToSign_20846_persist_no_userdata_no.bin.mbn        aop_devcfg.mbn                                        gpt_main1.bin           patch5.xml             static_nvbk.20846.bin
DigestsToSign_20846_persist_no_userdata_yes.bin.mbn       apdp.mbn                                              gpt_main2.bin           persist.img            storsec.mbn
DigestsToSign_20846_persist_yes_userdata_no.bin.mbn       boot.img                                              gpt_main3.bin           prog_firehose_ddr.elf  super.0.bc2dec5a.img

Donno, works for me, at least for A.07. That's how I even got the firehose prog to even start with the edl stuff

But yeah, it's moot b/c protocol

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Code:
:/mnt/e/android/OnePlus/OP10P/MSM/NE2210 Color OS A.07/NE2210$ ls
BTFM.bin                                                  DigestsToSign_20846_persist_yes_userdata_yes.bin.mbn  cpucp.elf               gpt_main4.bin          provision_hynix.xml    super.1.5da0ae97.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_all.bin                       DigestsToSign_nv00000000.bin.mbn                      devcfg.mbn              gpt_main5.bin          provision_micron.xml   super.2.46fdb373.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_persist_no_userdata_no.bin    DigestsToSign_nv10010111.bin.mbn                      dspso.bin               hypvm.mbn              provision_samsung.xml  tools.fv
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_persist_no_userdata_yes.bin   DigestsToSign_pre_provision.bin.mbn                   dtbo.img                imagefv.elf            provision_toshiba.xml  tz.mbn
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_persist_yes_userdata_no.bin   DigestsToSign_provision_hynix.bin.mbn                 dynamic_nvbk.20846.bin  keymint.mbn            qupv3fw.elf            uefi.elf
ChainedTableOfDigests_20846_persist_yes_userdata_yes.bin  DigestsToSign_provision_micron.bin.mbn                emmc_fw.bin             logfs_ufs_8mb.bin      rawprogram0.xml        uefi_sec.mbn
ChainedTableOfDigests_nv00000000.bin                      DigestsToSign_provision_samsung.bin.mbn               engineering_cdt.img     metadata.img           rawprogram1.xml        userdata.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_nv10010111.bin                      DigestsToSign_provision_toshiba.bin.mbn               featenabler.mbn         oplus20846.bin         rawprogram2.xml        vbmeta.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_pre_provision.bin                   NON-HLOS.bin                                          gpt_backup0.bin         oplus_sec.mbn          rawprogram3.xml        vbmeta_system.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_provision_hynix.bin                 ProFile.xml                                           gpt_backup1.bin         oplusreserve2.img      rawprogram4.xml        vbmeta_vendor.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_provision_micron.bin                Projectconfig.xml                                     gpt_backup2.bin         patch0.xml             rawprogram5.xml        vendor_boot.img
ChainedTableOfDigests_provision_samsung.bin               Setting.xml                                           gpt_backup3.bin         patch1.xml             recovery.img           xbl_config.elf
ChainedTableOfDigests_provision_toshiba.bin               XblRamdump.elf                                        gpt_backup4.bin         patch2.xml             sec_smt.dat            xbl_s.melf
DRIVER.ISO                                                abl.elf                                               gpt_backup5.bin         patch3.xml             shrm.elf               zeros_5sectors.bin
DigestsToSign_20846_all.bin.mbn                           aop.mbn                                               gpt_main0.bin           patch4.xml             splash.img
DigestsToSign_20846_persist_no_userdata_no.bin.mbn        aop_devcfg.mbn                                        gpt_main1.bin           patch5.xml             static_nvbk.20846.bin
DigestsToSign_20846_persist_no_userdata_yes.bin.mbn       apdp.mbn                                              gpt_main2.bin           persist.img            storsec.mbn
DigestsToSign_20846_persist_yes_userdata_no.bin.mbn       boot.img                                              gpt_main3.bin           prog_firehose_ddr.elf  super.0.bc2dec5a.img

Donno, works for me, at least for A.07. That's how I even got the firehose prog to even start with the edl stuff

But yeah, it's moot b/c protocol
Interesting. It didn't work for me with the A.12 image, I didn't grab A.07 to try it.

MaskOne1

Jan 25, 2021
If something doesn't change soon, this will be my last one+.

I will not recommend OnePlus to anyone in my family and circle of friends

Reactions: Prant

sicksick

Dec 27, 2019
OnePlus 8 Pro
There are MSM Tools out for ColorOS on the 10 Pro though. Three of them, in fact, are publicly available, they're just encrypted.

If Qualcomm is going to start being anti-developer, I guess it's a good thing that Pixel doesn't use their processors anymore.
Can u tell me how to get unbrick support for 10 pro

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
Yeah... chinese version relased in January.
Global released in (31 march) April.
I'm guessing that will be 1, 2 months till MSM Global.

Cygnust

Jul 22, 2008
Paris
OnePlus 6
Guys, sorry for the off topic ..
Was considering to buy a OnePlus 10 pro, currently on a OnePlus 6 with LineageOs 19.
Reading your comments I see that's not a good option.
I used Lineageos (and Cyanogenmod before) for years, but rooting a phone seems to be a pain those days and don't give benefits it used to before (mainly used for Titanium Backup) so I guess I could stick with manufacturer Rom.
Which brand / model would you recommend ?

Timmmmaaahh!

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
...rooting a phone seems to be a pain those days and don't give benefits it used to before (mainly used for Titanium Backup) so I guess I could stick with manufacturer Rom...
Rooting OnePlus 6T: super easy, barely an inconvenience. Benefits: SKINS 🤩, call recording, still using Titanium Backup flawlessly on A11, etc.

Which brand / model would you recommend ?
The Nothing Phone (1) looks promising! I got my son a Pocophone just a few months ago and he's really happy with it. After the 7-day cooldown it was a breeze to unlock and flash a ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As far as I can remember OnePlus has had ROMs / mods / kernels and god knows what very early on.

This turd? it's at the back of a very long smelly queue, the level of interest is non existent.

If you're planning to jump ship to this!

Don't.

Get a pixel or wait.

For me if this phone fails then it's bye bye OnePlus.

WTH happened??
    Though I wouldn't communicate it in the same way (please keep it civil folks), I do very much agree that OnePlus has become exactly what they were up against back in 2014. They've become massive hypocrites by shutting out the community that made them. There was so much amazing development on the OnePlus One, which I have proudly owned as a daily driver for over 3 years, that a lot of community invented/inspired goodies ended up in all Android iterations by all brands active in the market today. It was truly revolutionary. And this is how OnePlus thanks us today: with a knife in our collective backs. Under the disguise of "improving security" – which is an easy excuse for a lot of things – companies like OnePlus and of course also Google have been striking development communities hard. Why? Not willing to deal with any liability or unpredictable situations (shareholders like keeping things predictable) I guess. The cool thing, though, is that we're still here and we're still developing! :LOL:

I currently have high hopes for Nothing. If it'll be anything like Bacon, another community revolution is just around the corner...
    Exactly, it got leaked but OnePlus put more protections around it. The thing itself is packed as well, I was able to start reversing it, and the protocol commands are COMPLETELY different. A lot of lower level things are much easier to reverse from dynamic analysis rather than static with vmprotect and other packers on. I don't really have time to do a full deep dive analysis on the protocol while not being able to even see it in action, just complete guesses. See https://github.com/bkerler/edl/issues/274 for a brief description in the 3rd post. Even if the loader is sent, the magic to start communication in firehose is now different as well, so after getting past sahara, now you have to deal with firehose.
    Sounds like it is time to move away from Qualcomm then. I guess my next phone is going to be a Pixel after all. At least there I know that I'll get rapid updates that actually fix bugs rather than this nonsense with OnePlus that forces people to go to custom ROMs just to get basic functionality and a stable device in the first place.
    Honestly I would just stick with OP9 on a supported stable rom of some kind and use it into the ground. Not sure what's going on but look at the dev section for Pixel 6 Pro, you got kernels, and that's about it, and it's been over 6 months since release already. The few roms that did come out are dying or dead.

If you don't care for custom roms to begin with, then samsung is always an option with an arguably better support promise than google
    I've made a mod for this device mate. I've made guides.

Something is different with this device.

I just wish I'd seen it before.

Game over for me pal... Sitting with this crap OOS for another year?? No chance I'm getting the pixel 7 this turd it's getting sold
    Honestly the holdup is probably on Qualcomm. Sahara is updated v3.x, so all firehose tools we've had stopped working. If MSM was leaked successfully, people would be able to reverse the new protocol, so QCom probably put more restrictions on OEMs to prevent that. Additionally, sources still doesn't seem to be released so nothing really can be built against. Check out any SD8G1 devices and the dev support currently:

The pickings are gonna be slim if you wanna be on SD8G1 and want a custom ROM.