Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haha you're a legend at it then, changing the screens and opening it up

Did you transfer the camera surround foam across?
    I initially didn't and within a couple months the front camera and touch sensor behind the underside of the glass had like white dust and affected the selfie camera

I just changed mine, I transferred the foam/rubber for the front camera, the upper speaker, a tiny bit of foam in the lower right corner, and also the notification LED has a kind of opaque square at the bottom and a piece of square white rubber you have to put on the new frame too. I first forgot it and when I had a notification I was directly seeing the LED on the PCB :)

EDIT: I used this youtube video for the how-to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieSFL0kIsAI
    Dude so many replacements... would be easier to just get a new one no?

Sure Aliexpress have the batteries but they are 3rd party and they don't mention the manufacturing date :/ Going to all the trouble to replace the current one to another that might be worse, i don't really want to take that chance. My battery appears to have what i think is some cells damaged or some bad voltage reader, because when it reaches 25% it it goes rapidly to near zero in a few minutes :/ but besides that it actually last what appears to be on par with the duration (charge) announced.

actually i got 4,5 devices for development purpose and was declared motherboard dead by service center. i was able to revive them with SOC only. so i did experiment with replacing chip. some of them had issue with certain part and broken screen. that happened to my very own purchased.

i bought from ali and it is working very well. you may get one with manufactured date mention on it
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone