• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What i should buy?

Search This thread

nexusbr

Feb 1, 2008
Hi all..

again this very same question..

my first PPC was a QTEK 9090 (from audiovox), it was so fast and reliable that i have fallen in love with it, but its only CDMA and i needed GSM, so i decided to move on and upgrade to one more complete, the HP hw6945 (AKA Htc Sable), and i'm so disappointed with it.. its freacking slow, it hangs all the time, and now out of the sudden it stopped working.. the complete opposite from the QTEK....so, i'm going to buy a new one, this time, with more research .. and i hope to have more good times with this new one..

what i'm looking foward is a good sized screen, fast cpu, gps, reliability!!.

so, what u guys recomend to me?

i have seen some on the net..
htc touch pro
sony xperia
nokia n97

what else??? please give me your opinion and suggestions.

thankss

bastage

Nov 25, 2008
Hi all..

again this very same question..

my first PPC was a QTEK 9090 (from audiovox), it was so fast and reliable that i have fallen in love with it, but its only CDMA and i needed GSM, so i decided to move on and upgrade to one more complete, the HP hw6945 (AKA Htc Sable), and i'm so disappointed with it.. its freacking slow, it hangs all the time, and now out of the sudden it stopped working.. the complete opposite from the QTEK....so, i'm going to buy a new one, this time, with more research .. and i hope to have more good times with this new one..

what i'm looking foward is a good sized screen, fast cpu, gps, reliability!!.

so, what u guys recomend to me?

i have seen some on the net..
htc touch pro
sony xperia
nokia n97

what else??? please give me your opinion and suggestions.

thankss

Depends on Carrier.. You said GSM So its either ATT or TMO

If TMO Get the new MyTouch
if ATT Get a HTC Branded Magic

There basically the same phone except that the Magic branded device has more ram & will work on ATT 3g Instead of TMO 3g.. & Although I would like the extra ram its not worth giving up 3g since I am a tmo Cust..

& If android isnt your cup of tea then get the Touch Pro or Diamond (or the #2 versions of each, but I am not a fan of the new styling & love the pocketability (is that a word) of the original diamond).

nexusbr

Feb 1, 2008
Depends on Carrier.. You said GSM So its either ATT or TMO

If TMO Get the new MyTouch
if ATT Get a HTC Branded Magic

There basically the same phone except that the Magic branded device has more ram & will work on ATT 3g Instead of TMO 3g.. & Although I would like the extra ram its not worth giving up 3g since I am a tmo Cust..

& If android isnt your cup of tea then get the Touch Pro or Diamond (or the #2 versions of each, but I am not a fan of the new styling & love the pocketability (is that a word) of the original diamond).

i`m on brazil, so dunno if its ATT or TMO....

bastage

Nov 25, 2008
i`m on brazil, so dunno if its ATT or TMO....

Neither.. I assumed you were in the US.. Whatever carrier you get should use the Same bands as AT&T though so my recomendation for them follows.. Also the hero is a solid device with identical specs but doesn't have the trackball.. Personally I like the Magic styling better..

theomni

Oct 19, 2008
If you can hold out for a bit, I suggest you wait another 3-4 months. Right now, most of the phones that you will see are ~528 mhz. By the end of this year, the SnapDragon chipset will come out (1 GHZ). Mostly all the phones mentioned above are all 528. If you can wait a little longer, you can get double the speed for ~$200 extra.

allenborder

Aug 7, 2009
Hello to all...
I am new here and my name is Allen and i would suggest same as Orb3000 that

You must have a look to:

Touch Pro 2
Toshiba TG01
HTC Hero