• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What is a difference of battery life in 60Hz and 120Hz?

Search This thread

orgasmic

Dec 23, 2011
Has anyone test this difference on the battery drain? I mean the stock settings.
I would like to change my S21 Ultra but still nervoused about a battery life :D

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
I did a bit of testing and found the difference negligible. I'd rather have the higher refresh rate.
For me battery drain was fixed with location accuracy settings and 'Galaxy Max Hz' for low refresh rate on screen off and AOD.

I did a bit of testing and found the difference negligible. I'd rather have the higher refresh rate.
For me battery drain was fixed with location accuracy settings and 'Galaxy Max Hz' for low refresh rate on screen off and AOD.

I have an honest question. If you are disabling AOD when the screen is closed, but that is (theoretically) the best time for it, is there a reason to keep AOD enabled outside of being automatically turned off?

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
I have an honest question. If you are disabling AOD when the screen is closed, but that is (theoretically) the best time for it, is there a reason to keep AOD enabled outside of being automatically turned off?
I haven't thought that much about to be honest :D Probably not.
Again, biggest battery drain for me was location accuracy, so screen refresh rate was not my main concern.

I haven't thought that much about to be honest :D Probably not.
Again, biggest battery drain for me was location accuracy, so screen refresh rate was not my main concern.

Sure, but this is the thread dedicated to refresh rate impact.

is a general discussion on overall battery life and
is about standby drain (and location is already being discussed)

That aside, it would be interesting (albeit tedious) to have the refresh rate lower on AOD idle display. This is also assuming Samsung didn't already at least do that.

Last edited:

johnny8910

Nov 11, 2010
Swindon
Same for me. I have it set for 48Hz when idle, getting 4-4.5 hours SOT on a regular basis

ShayMagen

Dec 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I mean that top toggle
Screenshot_20210902-095656_Settings.jpg

ShayMagen

Dec 4, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
What carrier you using?
When I toggle that button off I get a carrier hub processing request notification on top and it goes back to on.
I attached a picture of the notification. look at the bottom notification
Screenshot_20210902-140508_Settings.jpg

No reason to keep hijacking this thread for duplicate posts / answers

Top Liked Posts