• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What is Oneplus doing with OOS ?

Search This thread

alovipday

Jun 28, 2014
I just updated to OOS12 but it's really bull$hit.
OOS 11 is also lousy upgrade. Both versions are not improve anything but lost many things.

What's they wanna do man!?
I'm thinking if they want us to switch to Coloros, so they did thats why they build last 2 versions of OOS look like China ROM. No, I will choose to throw away Oneplus Phone in the trash and never use China ROM

Please help me to revert to OOS10 on Oneplus 9 Pro. Many thank you guys!

Reactions: Dharani_V

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2014
Boulder
OnePlus 9 Pro
Erhm... I hate to be the bringer of bad news but you might want to ready the trash can because the 9 Pro never ran and can't run Oxygen OS 10. Your best bet is a custom ROM

However, if you want to revert to 11 you can always use the MSM download tool:

Just keep in mind that if you do go back you're out of luck when it comes to security patches

Reactions: galaxys
Lemme know where your trashcan is.. because OnePlus is the best phone company on the market.

More reasons than you can imagine.
- Price
- Technology
- Hardware (most phones can't even handle running PuBG without overheating and damaging the battery)
I run PuBG, while streaming on 3 platforms no problem.
- The smoothness of Stock Rom, not even other Roms run as good. Maybe more customization, but that's it.
- Oh I did I mention price, price, price.
- There Customer Service,
- Even repair service.

So lemme know where the trashcan is please, thanks.
That or whatever your paypal or cashapp is to buy it from you! :)

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2014
Boulder
OnePlus 9 Pro
Edit: After trying to use it for the last day I'm just baffled by how this even got released. Hands down the worst update OnePlus has ever pushed out. I'm so happy I don't have to continue using it. Unlike what was reported by XDA, a factory reset does not resolve most of the bugs I ran into

Here are a few:
- Very bad reception on ATT
- No disable button for a number of apps
- Slow and shoddy animations
- No hyper touch
- Statusbar icons are confusing to me sometimes because it looks like they overlap
- The camera app is harder to use
- No circle battery icon. The stock one is harder for me to read
- Display scaling and font scaling are highly inconsistent. I constantly have to change them
- Battery life is poor compared to 11. I went from 7-8 hours to 5-6 of SOT
- Shelf is much worse

And the list goes on

Last edited:

Searz

Feb 8, 2013
Nexus 7
Google Nexus 5
Well, their software is getting more and more bloated as time goes on. It's hard to say how much of this is standard Android/Google crap and how much is Oneplus-specific, but when I went from Android 9 on my Oneplus 3T to Android 11 on Oneplus 9 I didn't even get ANY extra free RAM, despite the new phone having 2GB extra RAM(6->8). My 3T hovers around 4.5GB free after I trimmed running processes (disable though ADB), while my 9 hovers around 4.2GB... I could probably trim the 9 a bit more, but I'm certain I won't get more RAM than the 3T, it'll be equal at best.
It's ridiculous when you get less RAM after upgrading 😑

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lemme know where your trashcan is.. because OnePlus is the best phone company on the market.

More reasons than you can imagine.
    - Price
    - Technology
    - Hardware (most phones can't even handle running PuBG without overheating and damaging the battery)
    I run PuBG, while streaming on 3 platforms no problem.
    - The smoothness of Stock Rom, not even other Roms run as good. Maybe more customization, but that's it.
    - Oh I did I mention price, price, price.
    - There Customer Service,
    - Even repair service.

So lemme know where the trashcan is please, thanks.
    That or whatever your paypal or cashapp is to buy it from you! :)
    I just updated to OOS12 but it's really bull$hit.
    OOS 11 is also lousy upgrade. Both versions are not improve anything but lost many things.

What's they wanna do man!?
    I'm thinking if they want us to switch to Coloros, so they did thats why they build last 2 versions of OOS look like China ROM. No, I will choose to throw away Oneplus Phone in the trash and never use China ROM

Please help me to revert to OOS10 on Oneplus 9 Pro. Many thank you guys!
    Erhm... I hate to be the bringer of bad news but you might want to ready the trash can because the 9 Pro never ran and can't run Oxygen OS 10. Your best bet is a custom ROM

However, if you want to revert to 11 you can always use the MSM download tool:

Just keep in mind that if you do go back you're out of luck when it comes to security patches