Question What is problem with V12.5.5.0.RKSMIXM update

Search This thread

amirhtc

Jul 15, 2010
I am on 12.5.4 for my redmi note 10 5g,

I am not able to update V12.5.5.0.RKSMIXM on this device.

After installing this ROM by mi update app, it will go to bootloop and then it will go to mi recovery mode. (after wipe all date, it will back to pervious ROM, 12.5.4, fastboot flash also can't be solved the problem! )

This ROM won't be updated...!

The second problem with this ROM is: a ROM with 2 different size (one 37 mb and othe 2.3 GB) comes for updating.

If anyone knows how to solve this issue and problem with this ROM, kindly help.

Thanks

guyz92

Aug 3, 2013

After installing this ROM by mi update app, it will go to bootloop and then it will go to mi recovery mode. (after wipe all date, it will back to pervious ROM, 12.5.4, fastboot flash also can't be solved the problem! )

The second problem with this ROM is: a ROM with 2 different size (one 37 mb and othe 2.3 GB) comes for updating.

Thanks

Before you proceed to reinstall the MIUI, you may want to do a product authentication with mi.com.

Please ensure that the result from verification page said it is international version before attempting to install any MIXM prefix ROM.

There are some user who bought exported set from China with Global firmware installed. After that whenever the user attempting to do a firmware update, the user may put themselves risk of bricking the phone.

amirhtc

Jul 15, 2010
sure u have download a wrong firmware. fastboot 12.5.5 firmware size is 5giga. unhave download recovery version if size is 3 giga
IMG_20220507_195229.jpg
IMG_20220507_195229.jpg

amirhtc

Jul 15, 2010
Before you proceed to reinstall the MIUI, you may want to do a product authentication with mi.com.

Please ensure that the result from verification page said it is international version before attempting to install any MIXM prefix ROM.

There are some user who bought exported set from China with Global firmware installed. After that whenever the user attempting to do a firmware update, the user may put themselves risk of bricking the phone.

It means we can't flash global RN10 5g on Chinese RN10 5g ...!? Is there any way?

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
no is not possible. only update from same region is permitted via fastboot. but... are you sure to understand english? i suggest you ask help to a user that speak your language. it clear from you questions that you didnt have read any guide on this forum. or maybe you didnt undersand it

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
the full version of 12.5.5 can be flashed. i have flashed it and after update to miui 13 without problem. i dont understand how it's possible brick the phone with stock official rom. never happened to me

for who wants miui 13 flash this

ale.trevizoli

May 23, 2022
Hi wetito.
A lot of Brazilian consumers have bought an bad batch of Redmi Note 5G that probably is CN version remarked with Global (it is M2103K19C with label M2103K19G and MIUI 12.5.4 GLOBAL version).
The problem started when update to 12.5.5, it's not boot anymore, I don't know why. No error appears on screen, only go directly to MIUI RECOVERY 5.0 screen.
I tried 12.5.5 chinese version and It's works, but even using this in english is not comfortable.

You think is possible to get some files from chinese version (fastboot) and merge with GLOBAL version (fastboot) to get it work?

I think to get lk.img, boot.img and maybe others and keep super.img.Not sure which files should be replaced.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry for my poor english.

tearex

May 15, 2017
Rovenky
Hi wetito.
A lot of Brazilian consumers have bought an bad batch of Redmi Note 5G that probably is CN version remarked with Global (it is M2103K19C with label M2103K19G and MIUI 12.5.4 GLOBAL version).
The problem started when update to 12.5.5, it's not boot anymore, I don't know why. No error appears on screen, only go directly to MIUI RECOVERY 5.0 screen.
I tried 12.5.5 chinese version and It's works, but even using this in english is not comfortable.

You think is possible to get some files from chinese version (fastboot) and merge with GLOBAL version (fastboot) to get it work?

I think to get lk.img, boot.img and maybe others and keep super.img.Not sure which files should be replaced.

Thanks for any help.

I think you can brick your phone by that.

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
i t
Hi wetito.

Thanks for any help.

i think the problem is 12.5.5.0 ota. it caused bootloop to many users. flash new 13.0.2.0 fastboot firwmare. stay away from strange experiment. the solution is more simply and safe

ale.trevizoli

May 23, 2022
Thanks for answers!

I tested version 13.0.2 it worked, but unfortunately this version also has some bug, because it can't control the sound volume. It is not possible to increase or decrease the sound, it is always at 100%.

jvb20

Jun 22, 2022

Thanks

Same case here, I reflashed it into 12.5.4.0 but won't update into 12.5.5.0

asen26

May 23, 2022
Thanks for answers!

I tested version 13.0.2 it worked, but unfortunately this version also has some bug, because it can't control the sound volume. It is not possible to increase or decrease the sound, it is always at 100%.
Same happen for me and I did't find any solution. Same for EEA version or Global version..
We're locked with a device not stable on previous version of MIUI and a very buggy new version.