Question what is responsible for "update available" and how do i clear its cache and data?

Search This thread

nutzfreelance

Mar 6, 2022
im rooted. and for some reason yesterday i got a update (25 mb)available notification. and now it is bugging me every few hours to connect to wifi and update.

im not interested in new bugs and the april update has no benefit for me, so what system app is resposable for this and how do i , disable it, clear its cache and data. so it will go away?

maybe ill update in may, but it will be manually. or i will go to proton or some custom rom if google still does not fix dirty pipes by then

Reactions: Mrsxxx

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Disable OTA updates... if rooted you have many apps to choose from to do it.
On my stock Samsung phones it's the first thing I disable.
Autostarts can be used to find it, and presumably kill it on a rooted device.

Attachments

• Autostarts 1.9.7.apk
    443.5 KB · Views: 5

nutzfreelance

Mar 6, 2022
Disable OTA updates... if rooted you have many apps to choose from to do it.
On my stock Samsung phones it's the first thing I disable.
Autostarts can be used to find it, and presumably kill it on a rooted device.
that was the first this i did, and its still disabled in developer settings.. and i STILL got this notification

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
that was the first this i did, and its still disabled in developer settings.. and i STILL got this notification
If you have the option to clear the system cache try that. Try temporarily toggling Developer options off, sometimes it goes buggy.

Sometimes it's another system app doing it. Google play Services is always a menace...
From time to time I explore settings looking for things I missed... still finding stuff after over 2 years🤣
With notification issues I eventually track them down. I don't upgrade and rarely update in part because I don't want to go debugging all over again.

SomeRandomGuy

Mar 17, 2008
Chicago
LG G4
LG G6
From my experience on OnePlus, Google Services (e.g. play store and its system components) is used to push OTA updates. Sometimes you get this notification, sometimes you wake up to root being missing and a new, unwanted OS loaded.

Its a long jihad to get rid of all the Google stuff (and still have all your other apps work), but it can be done...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
From my experience on OnePlus, Google Services (e.g. play store and its system components) is used to push OTA updates. Sometimes you get this notification, sometimes you wake up to root being missing and a new, unwanted OS loaded.

Its a long jihad to get rid of all the Google stuff (and still have all your other apps work), but it can be done...
On Samsung's firmware upgrades/updates come through these 2 apps.
Screenshot_20220516-193522_Package Disabler Pro.jpg

If the updates are coming through Playstore you can either disable Google play Services temporarily or use a firewall to block Playstore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im rooted. and for some reason yesterday i got a update (25 mb)available notification. and now it is bugging me every few hours to connect to wifi and update.

im not interested in new bugs and the april update has no benefit for me, so what system app is resposable for this and how do i , disable it, clear its cache and data. so it will go away?

maybe ill update in may, but it will be manually. or i will go to proton or some custom rom if google still does not fix dirty pipes by then