• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

what is surfaceflinger

Chairmansaab

Dec 25, 2011
Amritsar
Can anybody please tell me what this thing does ?
:) some more questions :

• what is kworker ? (I saw this in battery stats)
• anyway to stop audio_out from draining battery (tried disabling sound & touch tones no luck
Last one ! Can anybody please tell me Any rom + kernal combination on which I will be able to get 5h + screen on time through simple browsing ?

Thanks in advance !!

Current rom : dynamic 10 lp9

sordatos

Sep 15, 2012
Same here

I seems that Surfaceflinger is making Android System to drain the battery up to 45% ( the other day I woke up and I saw that it was responsable for 89% of battery consumption..

Reactions: Broquen

cosmos321

May 5, 2011
The same problem with my GNex since i updated to Android 4.3 ! Would be great if anyone could find a solution!

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Hwyl.Fawr

Jun 6, 2014
just came here by chance...
I can offer a possible solution I found on a german blog: http://www.daniel-ritter.de/blog/hoher-akkuverbrauch-bei-android-surfaceflinger-und-mediaserver-verursachen-eine-hohe-cpu-last
The guy there states that if you disable auto screen rotation the battery drain by surfaceflinger disappears. I can not definitely confirm this but for me the surfaceflinger process only drains battery if auto rotation is enabled (Moto G running Slimkat rom).
Maybe this is useful for somebody

Reactions: MistahBungle
Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone