Question What is the actual benefit of flashing EU ROM or getting global version

Search This thread

tensux

Nov 18, 2011
boston
I just bought a used China model that has the global 12.5.4 on it. I am using It in in the US. Could anyone tell me if there are any reason I should not want this EU custom ROM on it? and if not would I need to first need to go back to the china ROM before moving to this ROM?

I have plenty experience with custom roms on Samsung products in particular. This phone is not currently rooted. This is my first Xiaomi phone as I am upgrading from a Huawei p30 pro. I don't want to even soft brick it with so little experience with Xiaomi.

Jhonxs

Apr 15, 2013
I have the CN ver 12/512gb model.
I recently switched to stable xiaomi.eu
The reason was that, my apps since the latest updates, were not getting the notifications properly and I saw that they were forcibly closed in the background ( even keeping them open in memory, the lock function, didn't helped with h the notit ).

Since I switched to the stable xiaomi.eu everything came back to normal.
I can use all of my apps normally now (banking ones and productivity ones ) without any issues.

All though when it launched the first few original CN ROM versions were pretty good, issues started to appear after the latest updates and I couldn't work on the phone as I did before.

Good luck !

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Xiaomi EU ROM is for those who want the functionalities of the China ROM but with all the adaptation of the Global market (Google play services) without loosing the possibility to use safety net related apps. This comes at a loss of performance and few bugs here and there.

Reactions: tensux

d'aquin

Jun 30, 2017
So for chinese region = CHINA ROM
for EU region = EEA ROM
for India = INDIA ROM
for all other regions = GLOBAL ROM

these are official releases by Xiaomi for devices for particular regions.

And then there is Xiaomi.eu rom which is a custom ROM (not by xiaomi but by a developer from community). This Xiaomi.eu rom is based on China ROM but is made available for any mi 11 ultra user irrespective of where they live.

If you have a phone which came stock with CHINESE ROM you cannot flash EEA/INDIA/GLOBAL ROM without EDL authorization (its a development access for xiaomi service centers to flash ROMS). So as a normal user you cannot YET. But you can flash xiaomi.eu rom once you unlock the bootloader.

Link to forum thread of xiaomi.eu rom:

Link to direct download xiaomi.eu rom for mi 11 ultra:
What do you mean by except redmi note 9s from that statement made

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So for chinese region = CHINA ROM
    for EU region = EEA ROM
    for India = INDIA ROM
    for all other regions = GLOBAL ROM

these are official releases by Xiaomi for devices for particular regions.

And then there is Xiaomi.eu rom which is a custom ROM (not by xiaomi but by a developer from community). This Xiaomi.eu rom is based on China ROM but is made available for any mi 11 ultra user irrespective of where they live.

If you have a phone which came stock with CHINESE ROM you cannot flash EEA/INDIA/GLOBAL ROM without EDL authorization (its a development access for xiaomi service centers to flash ROMS). So as a normal user you cannot YET. But you can flash xiaomi.eu rom once you unlock the bootloader.

Link to forum thread of xiaomi.eu rom:

Link to direct download xiaomi.eu rom for mi 11 ultra:
    The only benifits that you'll get from EU over any other rom is free headache. and thinking that you have the best rom ever, while you have the worst.

Good luck 😃
    Considering a Mi11 Ultra buy, can someone tell me what the actual benefit is of flashing EU ROM? Is it a security thing, software compatibility, less bugs, etc? ie. Is it worth it or even useful to flash EU ROM these days?
    xiaomi.eu rom is based on china stable rom. It has all the features of china rom but with additional features. Its a long list so here it is:

Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global):
    • Based on China Stable / Weekly builds (except POCOF1, HMNote6Pro, HMNote8T, HMNote9ProMax, HMNote9Pro_HMNote9S, HMNote9ProEU)
    • Enabled search gesture (swipe up) on the desktop
    • 3way reboot menu (in dev settings)
    • MIUI Contacts and Dialer
    • Dark Mode (Night Mode) for all devices (In the dev settings except 9.x/10.x)
    • Removed ads in MIUI system apps
    • Face Unlock for all devices
    • Vertical clock widget on lockscreen
    • Steps counter in Assistant screen
    • More shortcuts on left lockscreen
    • Wake up gestures
    • AI preloading option in MIUI Lab
    • Fullscreen gestures
    • Option to auto-expand first notification
    • Notifications priority settings
    • More edit options in Gallery app
    • Enabled MiDrive in File Explorer
    • Added landscape mode for SMS app
    • Sunrise/Sunset in the weather app
    • Google apps support integrated
    • Removed 5GHz region restrictions
    • Confirm dials from call logs
    • Morning report on alarm at morning
    • More apps supported for AOD notifications
    • More styles for AOD screen
    • Raise to wake gesture
    • AOD notification received animation
    • Default volume control stream toggle
    • Tap fingerprint sensor to wake toggle
    • More Camera features
    • Double tap to lock screen
    • Battery AI scenes
    • Allowed disabling specific system apps
    • Importing theme .mtz from zhuti.xiaomi.com via ThemeManager
    • No useless Chinese bloatware apps
    • More free RAM due to less background processes
    • Unified flat style app icons for both system and 3rd party apps
    • Advanced menu with color icons
    • No any Chinese character under the full system
    • Mi Video, Mi Music, Mi Browser: No any useless Chinese content
    • No possibility to re-lock bootloader accidentally with flash any xiaomi.eu release
    • Added real 27 languages translation made by Official MIUI Fansites and MIUI Fans
    • Added EU T9 dialer support
    • Added charging sound switch
    • Added Screen-OFF animation
    • Optimized GPS settings for EU
    • Optimized Battery consumption
    • Optimized RAM consumption
    • Added 3D Touch to MI5S 3GB RAM version
    • Added GSMalphabet into SMS app options
    • Added more icons grid layout 4x5, 4x6, 4x7, 5x5, 5x6, 5x7 (depends on device)
    • SafetyNet passed (Google Pay)
    • Play Store Certified
    • Deodexed
    • Added automated tasks in Security app
    • Added game speed booster
    • Added erase module (magic elimination) to Gallery photo edit options
    • Fixed low volume sound via headphone
    • Charging screen
    • And more, and more made by our 9 years MIUI mods experience.
    Xiaomi EU ROM is for those who want the functionalities of the China ROM but with all the adaptation of the Global market (Google play services) without loosing the possibility to use safety net related apps. This comes at a loss of performance and few bugs here and there.