What is THE best audio quality mod?

Search This thread

Jaco2k

Sep 11, 2010
Tampere
As per the title, really.
I have been pretty unhappy with the audio quality of the phone, specially when playing Spotify via Android Auto in the car.
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a module and/or settings that can fix this?
My OnePlus 6 sounded way better under the same conditions - In comparison, the 7 Pro has overpowered and muddy bass, low mid-range and without details and a garbled high frequencies, almost like phased or wrong bitrate of playing.
Mind you, this is with Spotify Premium and set to maximum quality.

manor7777

Dec 5, 2014
I really like Viper for audio (can install via magisk) but over Bluetooth, at max volume it clips heavily with bassy tracks if you have any kind of eq on bass. I remember having the problem with my OP5 and it being fixed with lineage os, but I like stock OOS so I don't want to move right now. If you can find a working dolby atmos install for android 9,thats good too.

Jaco2k

Sep 11, 2010
Tampere
I really like Viper for audio (can install via magisk) but over Bluetooth, at max volume it clips heavily with bassy tracks if you have any kind of eq on bass. I remember having the problem with my OP5 and it being fixed with lineage os, but I like stock OOS so I don't want to move right now. If you can find a working dolby atmos install for android 9,thats good too.

Errrr??? The OnePlus 7 Pro has "Dolby Atmos" out of the box, but it sounds like crap.... Don't believe things are what they are just because someone puts a label on it ;)

manor7777

Dec 5, 2014
Errrr??? The OnePlus 7 Pro has "Dolby Atmos" out of the box, but it sounds like crap.... Don't believe things are what they are just because someone puts a label on it ;)

Not full dolby atmos :) I'm talking about the one with full custom eq support that the razer phone has. Not the crappy one included.

Intelligent eq off, and using the custom eq. No clipping, great sound.
https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FLExesia.jpg

vibrantliker

Where did you find your dolby atmos and how did you install?

Jaco2k

Sep 11, 2010
Tampere
Just one note - I feel that as long as it is not possible to disable/bypass the built-in Dolby Atmos processing, nothing that is flashed is going to make things better.
OnePlus needs to give us the ability to tweak audio settings or at least bypass that horrid processing they have going on.
The highs in particular sound like a heavily compressed .mp2 (no, not a typo) from the 90's with a 112kbps bit rate.
No idea what is going on with this sound but for many years I did not have a phone that sounded this bad. :(

manor7777

Dec 5, 2014
Where did you find your dolby atmos and how did you install?

I didn't. My screenshot was just an example from Google of the correct good sounding version. No version I have seen works with android 9

Just one note - I feel that as long as it is not possible to disable/bypass the built-in Dolby Atmos processing, nothing that is flashed is going to make things better.
OnePlus needs to give us the ability to tweak audio settings or at least bypass that horrid processing they have going on.
The highs in particular sound like a heavily compressed .mp2 (no, not a typo) from the 90's with a 112kbps bit rate.
No idea what is going on with this sound but for many years I did not have a phone that sounded this bad. :(

I wish they would. They could give us that version of the app (you can install apks, but they crash on open) with an update, I just don't think they will!

k1nggg

Mar 26, 2012
Doesn't this turn off the processing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190609-142623.jpg
    Screenshot_20190609-142623.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 1,738

vibrantliker

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
I didn't. My screenshot was just an example from Google of the correct good sounding version. No version I have seen works with android 9

I wish they would. They could give us that version of the app (you can install apks, but they crash on open) with an update, I just don't think they will!

This rom has a working Dolby Digital Plus that bypasses the stock Dolby on the phone: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-v1-0-t3935670.

I'm using now.

Bradl79

May 25, 2008
J'Ville
VIPER4Android is great
install VIPER4Android_2.7.1.0-Magisk_Module.zip as magisk module (once rebooted open app and it will ask for root and install driver and reboot)
unzip ViPER4Android_Profiles.zip and move VIPER4Android folder to root of SDCard

download

samklee

Oct 8, 2009
Viper4android has been great for me as well. I asnt able to install it via magisk though, had to install from twrp.

I have noticed that the audio quality is different from the 6t. Not necessarily worse, just different. The highs do sound generally more compressed on the 7 pro vs 6t. As a result, my 7 pro Viper settings are markedly different from the 6t

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

netgar

Jan 14, 2012
VIPER4Android is great
install VIPER4Android_2.7.1.0-Magisk_Module.zip as magisk module (once rebooted open app and it will ask for root and install driver and reboot)
unzip ViPER4Android_Profiles.zip and move VIPER4Android folder to root of SDCard

download

There are few profiles. Which one are you using?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not full dolby atmos :) I'm talking about the one with full custom eq support that the razer phone has. Not the crappy one included.

VIPER4Android is great

download
    Hey buddy just trying out the new Viper4android 2.7.1, how do you load personal profiles? I can't find load or save profiles anywhere.
    Thanks

You open up the app and you hold down the speaker or the Bluetooth and your profiles will pop up on the bottom
    There are few profiles. Which one are you using?

i used the one i made, its called Bradley-headset-legacy for headset mode and Bradley.bullets.BT for my wireless bullets 2

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Viper4android has been great for me as well. I asnt able to install it via magisk though, had to install from twrp.

I have noticed that the audio quality is different from the 6t. Not necessarily worse, just different. The highs do sound generally more compressed on the 7 pro vs 6t. As a result, my 7 pro Viper settings are markedly different from the 6t

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

the one i am sharing above is a magisk module, no need to install through twrp so it remains systemless

Something exactly like that would help ;)