What is the best case you will recommend for Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Search This thread

jhnnyblze2000

Jun 18, 2010
Exactly. It's a cosmetic thing, people think "OH carbon! Kevlar! I need that for my phone" [emoji23]
Well yeah it's cosmetic. No one thinks it's going to be protective. The reason to bring up the fact that it's real is the price. When you 3d print the kevlar/carbon fiber is 4 times more expensive than the regular plastics. Now by no means does it cost $40 or close to that to make one but people charge that for a regular plastics one just like it so...

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Well yeah it's cosmetic. No one thinks it's going to be protective. The reason to bring up the fact that it's real is the price. When you 3d print the kevlar/carbon fiber is 4 times more expensive than the regular plastics. Now by no means does it cost $40 or close to that to make one but people charge that for a regular plastics one just like it so...

You want a good layer of urethane around the phone especially on the corners. The 2 layer approach is best (3 layer with case clip); urethane directly around the phone with a harder polycarbonate reinforcing shell to shore up the inner shell.
After a few good falls on the case corner if it shows signs of stress, replace the case. I'm on my 2nd Bolt case.
I do this because on the 10+ just like 20 U is a heavy phone. Almost no bevel to protect the screen from side impacts.
The most hit corner is right where the spen lives, perfect.
Make sure this corner* is well protected!
When the urethane gets stressed it takes on a shinier appearance than the unstressed area. How much this reduces its protection I'm not sure and don't want to test it! I'm on my 2nd Bolt case...

*Dopey case designers want you to have easy access to the spen and with some cases the protection on this corner is practically none existent.
If some moron of a case reviewer with clumsy digits says the case makes spen access a little hard, that's a good thing.
Count on the phone contacting the concrete at the worst possible spot... it will land on this corner:p

mezdroid

Dec 5, 2013
Jeddah

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 334
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 332
  • DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 317

bkeaver

Dec 10, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
@tossero I've used them in the past. I like them but I tend to go with a more minimalistic option as I don't have an issue holding on to my phones like alot of other people I read on here. It has a small lip on top and bottom of screen and adds ok grip, more so than no case but not as good as others. If you're only looking for scratch protection and not drop protection you can find these for around 20 bucks you decide if its worthwhile to you.

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
^^^^^ I just got the Nillkin Camshield pro series case and really like it so far.

https://www.amazon.com/Nillkin-Sams...08DTXRD46/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

It has a greatly implemented camera slide cover with enough clearance that takes a bit of a tug when you slide it open or closed but it stays firmly in place. The case felt slightly slippery when I first started using it but isn't the case anymore after a few days. Same thing with the volume and power buttons since they're covered as well where they felt a bit hard to push at first but they have now loosened up and feel perfect. All the cutouts are perfectly aligned as well.

If I have to nitpick the only thing I don't like is the fact that the color is more of dark grey black rather than a deep black. I also wish it had different color options like a dark bronze or midnight blue but it only comes in a single color option. I only spent about $10 or so when I bought it from Ali express and feel like I got an absolute steal.

barry99705

Aug 16, 2008
Packing slip just got entered into the usps system for my Schnail Titan case. Ordered it on the 7th of Aug. Wonder how long it will take to get here.

borijess

Jul 30, 2010
I have a UAG plasma. My go to case for all my phone's. But I just ordered this one. If it's similar I might return UAG and save me some cash.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone