What is the best case you will recommend for Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

Search This thread

davidsmash098

Mar 11, 2011
OK I see that difference, but the owner of Latercase says he designed this himself, so one must be a copy

Honestly I think he's full of it. You can find these exact cases on Aliexpress for about $20 shipped to the US. Just look up "aramid fiber case note 20 ultra." Lew later is known to be a liar so I wouldn't trust what he says.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Honestly I think he's full of it. You can find these exact cases on Aliexpress for about $20 shipped to the US. Just look up "aramid fiber case note 20 ultra." Lew later is known to be a liar so I wouldn't trust what he says.

Hmm, this thing cost me £39 and took 2 weeks to arrive too.... ah well, live and learn

It seems to cover the camera mic unfortunately

Yea I noticed that yesterday, I had looked for the mic prior but couldn't see it, but after watching a video I see it's hidden on the side of the camera bump

Was planning on getting another case for when I'm out and about anyway as this one doesn't protect the screen, thinking about Spigen Tough Armor but slightly put off from Spigen after dropping my S20U from waist height and cracking the screen even though a Spigen Rugged Armor was supposedly protecting it

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Mous case finally in today for the Note 20 Ultra. Took a month of Sunday's to receive.
Quality seems top notch and I like that they are now shipping in retail packaging instead of that half azz cardboard box.
The sides seem pretty low so I'm sure there will not be much side glass protection. I will try the phone in the case once I get back home and report back. Here are a couple pictures, the best I can get with no camera and no lighting.

iYDuNsH.jpg
caZDeoW.jpg
kVaLBfZ.jpg
aVDGrHh.jpg
iLodgKF.jpg
ijzoM7b.jpg
thpQOFT.jpg
zz0oxnB.jpg
CVb8S5l.jpg
qYVZ49A.jpg
tgxX3Ir.jpg

Last edited:

Perse26

Sep 20, 2020
I've had a few cases so far. Right now my favorite is the Poetic Guardian. It's like $16 on Amazon and it seems pretty secure/protective. I like the raised bezels on the side my last case a Nillkin had very low side bezels which, for me, caused a lot of errant touches.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I've had a few cases so far. Right now my favorite is the Poetic Guardian. It's like $16 on Amazon and it seems pretty secure/protective. I like the raised bezels on the side my last case a Nillkin had very low side bezels which, for me, caused a lot of errant touches.

Try this: https://www.walmart.com/ip/ZIZO-BOL...=112354586&wl11=online&wl12=710342750&veh=sem

Been using this for almost a year on my 10+
Helps with accidentally touches but leaves the curved portions accessible. Has taken multiple drops on concrete plus a few face plants with no damage to the 10+
The case it's self shows no damage but have replaced it once because of stress marks (they look shinier than unstressed areas) on the urethane from hard corner hits... to be on the safe side.

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
How are you liking the case so far? A little bit concerning to hear that it's so slippery. I really want the case but at that price, it better be perfect haha. Any other cases that you'd compare it to?

Yes, this thing is real slippery. The sides are very low and offer little side glass protection. The rear camera protection is good. The buttons are also not that great.
The case it's self is quality made and a sharp looking case indeed. I went right back into my Samsung rugged case.

The UAG Monarch and Gear4 Battersea are pretty decent cases. The Speck Grip 2 is also a fine case for the N20U.

The next case I'm going to order is the Dbrand Grip with several different skins for the back. Just waiting for Dbrand to have a sale.

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Just ordered the Spigen Thin Fit to replace that Latercase, I want screen and camera protection, not just one or the other which my last two cases had.... spent a fortune on cases for this thing

gVnTj0Z.jpg

Reactions: kickenwing13

aagvain

Apr 18, 2008
dfw
review of some minimalist cases

Here is a review of some cases I have been trying out recently. The majority of these offer little to no drop protection as my focus isn't so much drop protection but rather scratch protection......from the constant laying of the phone on tables etc. I would almost just use a skin but I hate the orange peel effect films have......

First is the ESR glass case.
https://tinyurl.com/y3zxugbq
I don't have pics of this one as I'm sure everyone has seen a pic of the phone in a clear case. This one does offer some drop protection given the tpu border, and the glass back is nice. The only negative on this case is that the tpu border turns yellow rather quickly. my first one turned yellow within a month...I would recommend this one to anyone looking for a small bit of drop protection in a good looking clear case.

Next is a really thin matte black case
https://tinyurl.com/y564wdcx
This one looks pretty good. only down side is that the matte surface is a magnet for oily skin blemishes...doesn't stay clean long but looks good when it is.
IMG_20200929_105550.jpg IMG_20200929_105646.jpg

Next is a frameless aluminum bumper/glass back case
https://tinyurl.com/y6jt5k3m
i had high hopes for this one as it looked pretty cool from the pics but ultimately was a let down. The back glass is just that....a flat piece of glass offering no camera protection at all. i don't see myself using this one at all
IMG_20200929_110100.jpg IMG_20200929_110016.jpg IMG_20200929_110002.jpg

The last one is my new favorite.
https://tinyurl.com/y2kpmb5j
Its amazingly cheap and to me looks pretty good. Its very minimalistic and probably only good for scratch protection but it does extend out a bit from the screen protecting it if you lay it face down and the camera section extends slightly beyond the camera protecting it if laying on its back. The one negative is it took a good 5 weeks to come in......
IMG_20200929_104659.jpg IMG_20200929_104712.jpg IMG_20200929_104758.jpg IMG_20200929_105137.jpg

sammieboy

Jul 9, 2013
Any idea what the drop protection is like with this case (the Moment case)? Also, how lightweight is it? Does the box/packaging detail the item weight?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

bkeaver

Dec 10, 2006
Dayton, Ohio
Any idea what the drop protection is like with this case (the Moment case)? Also, how lightweight is it? Does the box/packaging detail the item weight?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
Here 8s the weight. Didn't list it on the packaging. Both in grams and ounces. IMG_20201028_195112.jpgIMG_20201028_195103.jpg

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone