What is the cheapest/best way to network unlock a LG V50 locked to sprint?

Search This thread

J4G3D

Nov 22, 2009
Only way is to go through Sprint
What if the phone was sent as gift to another country, it will not work on any carrier in that country? I guess not as I think Sprint is CDMA and in EU its GSM. But, there will 100% be absolutely no way to use that phone ever again if living in EU? Its now a door stop?

Last edited:

antintin

Sep 11, 2019
LG V40
LG G8
What if the phone was sent as gift to another country, it will not work on any carrier in that country? I guess not as I think Sprint is CDMA and in EU its GSM. But, there will 100% be absolutely no way to use that phone ever again if living in EU? Its now a door stop?
I thought Sprint was automatically unlocked in eu but guess not. I use it on gsm so shouldn't be an issue. Also your last option is to find some physical cards that can unlock it on eBay, there must be some because they exist for iPhones. These are generally a bit limited though and your best option is still IMEI unlock

J4G3D

Nov 22, 2009
I thought Sprint was automatically unlocked in eu but guess not. I use it on gsm so shouldn't be an issue. Also your last option is to find some physical cards that can unlock it on eBay, there must be some because they exist for iPhones. These are generally a bit limited though and your best option is still IMEI unlock

When I insert another carrier sim it says "Invalid sim" there is no option to insert an unlocking code. So it seems to be incredibly restricted, unless there a hidden service menu to input an unlocking code.

antintin

Sep 11, 2019
LG V40
LG G8
When I insert another carrier sim it says "Invalid sim" there is no option to insert an unlocking code. So it seems to be incredibly restricted, unless there a hidden service menu to input an unlocking code.
There is a menu: dial ##3282# and you will have to get the code from Sprint. Apparently one user put in 000000 and got it to work but you probably have to get it from Sprint

J4G3D

Nov 22, 2009
There is a menu: dial ##3282# and you will have to get the code from Sprint. Apparently one user put in 000000 and got it to work but you probably have to get it from Sprint

Thanks, yeah I saw that 0000000 one, but I think that was for HTC models from 10 years ago. Its probably changed a lot since then. It seems that the unlock code with sprint isn't calculated by IMEI/ESN but more due to the model? I could be wrong, its all very confusing with sprint locked mobiles, I have been googling like mad but theres so much conflicting info out there its unreal.

Anyway... ##3282# gives me a menu with no mention of network unlock, the only things I have in this menu are:

data profile
EVDO
LTE
eHRPD
APN settings
Browser
MMSC
SMS
advanced
IMS
NR

I just cant get my head around why some are saying you can only unlock it by going to sprint directly. Normally any phone can be unlocked and normally a third party can do it, sure, sometimes not within the first 6 to 8 months after a phone has been released.. but definitely after that.

antintin

Sep 11, 2019
LG V40
LG G8
Thanks, yeah I saw that 0000000 one, but I think that was for HTC models from 10 years ago. Its probably changed a lot since then. It seems that the unlock code with sprint isn't calculated by IMEI/ESN but more due to the model? I could be wrong, its all very confusing with sprint locked mobiles, I have been googling like mad but theres so much conflicting info out there its unreal.

Anyway... ##3282# gives me a menu with no mention of network unlock, the only things I have in this menu are:

data profile
EVDO
LTE
eHRPD
APN settings
Browser
MMSC
SMS
advanced
IMS
NR

I just cant get my head around why some are saying you can only unlock it by going to sprint directly. Normally any phone can be unlocked and normally a third party can do it, sure, sometimes not within the first 6 to 8 months after a phone has been released.. but definitely after that.
I think I have found the menu where you can unlock it, but you will still have to contact Sprint and bs them about getting a service code. Can't help you with that. Dial ##66236#

Reactions: J4G3D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

data profile
    EVDO
    LTE
    eHRPD
    APN settings
    Browser
    MMSC
    SMS
    advanced
    IMS
    NR

I think I have found the menu where you can unlock it, but you will still have to contact Sprint and bs them about getting a service code. Can't help you with that. Dial ##66236#