What is the difference between the XAS, and SPR versions of the firmware?

Search This thread

anees02

Feb 9, 2009
Sana'a
Hi
every time i search for a stock rom i find XAS and SPR versions , what is the difference between them ?

i read a comment that the XAS version is kinda for developers builds, is that correct ?
I don't have enough information about the difference but my device was on SPR and now it changed to XAS.
No thing is different except that Yellow sprint logo changed to Samsung logo and some csc features changed.
My device still working.
I think maybe if any subscriber of sprint network could notice a little more changes.
Since I am not a Sprint subscriber so I don't notice any difference.

Reactions: Mohannad_Almasharqa

aaron74

Nov 26, 2014
Somewhere, Ohio
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8T
Hi
every time i search for a stock rom i find XAS and SPR versions , what is the difference between them ?

i read a comment that the XAS version is kinda for developers builds, is that correct ?

They are they same except for csc settings.
SPR will give you sprint branding and csc.
XAS will give you regular samsung branding.

If your using your phone global or gsm like me, I prefer XAS.
I notice most apps that unlock your sim will make it XAS to. So I believe xas sets csc to work better unlocked but don't quote me.

etando

Sep 29, 2017
Which should world or GSM user choose;Sprint or XAF Samsung Note 4 firmware versions?

Hi, am a world/ GSM Note for user. My firmware keeps requesting for update just 60 seconds after prior update. My present software is SPR. My phone heavily discharge and i feel as incriminating the present firmware version and its regular demand for firmware update.
Someone, proposed i download and flash up my phone with latest firmware. At SamMobile, there are options for Sprint and XAF versions of firmware. Please anyone with an advice on selection choice and maybe a little comment.

Last edited:

dave678

Aug 17, 2019
And for the boot sound it has the Note 3/ S4 version instead of the normal S5/Note 4 one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

They are they same except for csc settings.
    SPR will give you sprint branding and csc.
    XAS will give you regular samsung branding.

If your using your phone global or gsm like me, I prefer XAS.
    I notice most apps that unlock your sim will make it XAS to. So I believe xas sets csc to work better unlocked but don't quote me.
    Did it remove that annoying hands free activation???
    Hi

I don't have enough information about the difference but my device was on SPR and now it changed to XAS.
    No thing is different except that Yellow sprint logo changed to Samsung logo and some csc features changed.
    My device still working.
    I think maybe if any subscriber of sprint network could notice a little more changes.
    Since I am not a Sprint subscriber so I don't notice any difference.