What is the go-to replacement for MagiskHide & the central module repo?

Search This thread

KaoDome

Sep 4, 2013
I just realized there was a new public Magisk release yesterday, v24, and reading through the changes I see there are two that kind of impact me: MagiskHide and the central module repository removals.

So far I had been using MagiskHide because of its ease of use, list apps, tick box, and that's it (I haven't encountered apps that detected Magisk or root status, although I know it's insufficient for some). For modules, for example, the one that moves user certs to the system store, I just searched directly from the Magisk app and it was all good as well.

But things change from now on with those things being deprecated and removed and because there isn't much to go about in the release notes I was wondering if someone could direct me to the way of doing things now.

- What's the most apt, prevalent, or recommended replacement for MagiskHide? From the release notes I gather its a module, but I'm clueless as to which one or whether there are more than one option.
- If searching for mods and directly installing them is not available through the app, is there anything like it? Or is it all manual now? I.e. look for a module around the net, download it, copy it / decompress it somewhere in the device and install it.

Thanks for everything!

Lord Sithek

Dec 19, 2018
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Huawei Watch 2
I just realized there was a new public Magisk release yesterday, v24, and reading through the changes I see there are two that kind of impact me: MagiskHide and the central module repository removals.

So far I had been using MagiskHide because of its ease of use, list apps, tick box, and that's it (I haven't encountered apps that detected Magisk or root status, although I know it's insufficient for some). For modules, for example, the one that moves user certs to the system store, I just searched directly from the Magisk app and it was all good as well.

But things change from now on with those things being deprecated and removed and because there isn't much to go about in the release notes I was wondering if someone could direct me to the way of doing things now.

- What's the most apt, prevalent, or recommended replacement for MagiskHide? From the release notes I gather its a module, but I'm clueless as to which one or whether there are more than one option.
- If searching for mods and directly installing them is not available through the app, is there anything like it? Or is it all manual now? I.e. look for a module around the net, download it, copy it / decompress it somewhere in the device and install it.

Thanks for everything!

Here. First 5 post and you should know all you need :)

Quantumrabbit

Apr 8, 2011
Essential Phone
OnePlus 7T
So, I read through that thread. It certainly solved a few issues for me. Like getting safety net, getting a repository, etc.

But it didn't have anything I see to replace magisk hide, even in the Fox Magisk Module Manager.

Do I just need to know other terminology now? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Porpet

Jan 10, 2013
So, I read through that thread. It certainly solved a few issues for me. Like getting safety net, getting a repository, etc.

But it didn't have anything I see to replace magisk hide, even in the Fox Magisk Module Manager.

Do I just need to know other terminology now? Or is there something else I'm missing?
I don't get it, Magisk Hide is good for passing SafetyNet and you said you got it. Anyway, for SafetyNet you can use the Universal SafetyNet Fix module.

If you meant the hide list, there's now the Deny list. To quote:

The Deny list is similar but instead of hiding Magisk from the process, Magisk is unloaded so there is nothing to hide.

Quantumrabbit

Apr 8, 2011
Essential Phone
OnePlus 7T
I don't get it, Magisk Hide is good for passing SafetyNet and you said you got it. Anyway, for SafetyNet you can use the Universal SafetyNet Fix module.

If you meant the hide list, there's now the Deny list. To quote:
Yes, it's for some banking apps, Concur, and others, none of which have any business checking for root, but all check for Magisk and such in other ways, and prevent usage.

If the deny list is how to do that now, I'll give that a go. Thank you

H

How to add modules shamiko & how to more hide features 🤔
Shamiko is a flashable only need to slash magisk module. You can find it in the magisk alpha thread on telegram. You need to configure denylist first and reboot then turn off the enforce denylist toggle and flash the shamiko module.
If you are using lsposed download hide my applist xposed module and search how to use it if you want more coverage
Pm me if you want links

Drakinite

Jan 19, 2019
I'm having a lot of trouble. Duo Mobile (a 2FA app) is still able to detect that I'm rooted. Here's what I've done:

1) Installed Magisk & Manager app version 24.1 (24100)
2) Enabled Zygisk (and rebooted of course)
3) Enabled Enforce DenyList
4) Added com.duosecurity.duomobile and ALL Google Play Services submodules to the DenyList
5) Installed Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.2.1 from https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/tag/v2.2.1
6) Hidden the Magisk app
7) Completely uninstalled & reinstalled Duo Mobile (and verified that it's still on the DenyList

This is incredibly annoying, is there anything I'm doing wrong? Is there a way to verify that the SafetyNet Fix is working as expected? Magisk doesn't have a "Check SafetyNet" option on the app anymore.

danbest82

I'm having a lot of trouble. Duo Mobile (a 2FA app) is still able to detect that I'm rooted. Here's what I've done:

1) Installed Magisk & Manager app version 24.1 (24100)
2) Enabled Zygisk (and rebooted of course)
3) Enabled Enforce DenyList
4) Added com.duosecurity.duomobile and ALL Google Play Services submodules to the DenyList
5) Installed Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.2.1 from https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix/releases/tag/v2.2.1
6) Hidden the Magisk app
7) Completely uninstalled & reinstalled Duo Mobile (and verified that it's still on the DenyList

This is incredibly annoying, is there anything I'm doing wrong? Is there a way to verify that the SafetyNet Fix is working as expected? Magisk doesn't have a "Check SafetyNet" option on the app anymore.
This is quite weird and definitely shows how different devices handle root detection. I a Samsung S10+ and just installed Magisk 24 with enforce DenyList earlier this week. Today I just installed Duo Mobile and it works fine. I do not have it in the DenyList, and Magisk is not hidden. I use a custom SafetyNet fix that was installed when I originally installed an AIO TWRP/Magisk/SafetyNet fix after unlocking my bootloader. I also fail SafetyNet checks.

Have you tried Shamiko? It didn't help me pass SafetyNet so I removed it.
Unfortunately I don't have any other fixes for you but you can check SafetyNet with apps from the play store, I use YASNAC and SafetyNet 'attest'.

What phone are you using?

Drakinite

Jan 19, 2019
Have you tried Shamiko? It didn't help me pass SafetyNet so I removed it.
Unfortunately I don't have any other fixes for you but you can check SafetyNet with apps from the play store, I use YASNAC and SafetyNet 'attest'.

What phone are you using?
I'm using a Oneplus 6. At your suggestion, I tried Shamiko, but so far it hasn't worked.

There are SafetyNet checker apps you can download from the Play Store or F-Droid such as YASNAC.
I tried Momo from the Magisk alpha telegram channel, and it's been helpful so far, but it's detecting Magisk/TWRP files and I don't know where they are located. Is there a way to find where these files it's detecting are? This might be what Duo is detecting.

When I run YASNAC, it passes the SafetyNet check.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-104157.jpg
    Screenshot_20220205-104157.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 72

simplydat

Oct 13, 2009
I'm using a Oneplus 6. At your suggestion, I tried Shamiko, but so far it hasn't worked.

I tried Momo from the Magisk alpha telegram channel, and it's been helpful so far, but it's detecting Magisk/TWRP files and I don't know where they are located. Is there a way to find where these files it's detecting are? This might be what Duo is detecting.

Get VD Infos and use it to scan your files. You can find it on XDA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drakinite

danbest82

Hmm ok. Like I said shimako didn't work for me either. I'm not sure why Duo is still detecting root. For reference this is what is on my DenyList:
Screenshot_20220205-112754.png

YASNAC is the replacement for Momo it looks like since Momo is Riru based (https://github.com/canyie/Riru-MomoHider)

Drakinite

Jan 19, 2019
Get VD Infos and use use to scan your files. You can find it in XDA
Ok so this one is more helpful, but I'm not sure how to hide these that appeared. Any idea what ro.kernel.qemu.gles is? I looked through my list of installed apps and nothing like that showed up.
Should we switch to private messages to not spam the thread? Or perhaps staying in here can be helpful for those with the same problem?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220205-112549.jpg
    Screenshot_20220205-112549.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 85

Drakinite

Jan 19, 2019
Ok so this one is more helpful, but I'm not sure how to hide these that appeared. Any idea what ro.kernel.qemu.gles is? I looked through my list of installed apps and nothing like that showed up.
Should we switch to private messages to not spam the thread? Or perhaps staying in here can be helpful for those with the same problem?
OMG WAIT, it finally worked! I don't know what changed, but Duo is now no longer detecting root. Gotta love when things magically start working when you don't know what changed.

antivirtel

Aug 19, 2012
Huawei P10
Hi,

I've switched to the new method with the DenyList & Shamiko (v0.5.0) on OnePlus 6 recently - Magisk (v24.3), however it doesn't seem to hide root from Google Pay. Can it still be a bug with Magisk, when it can't hide system apps? In the changelog of Shamiko it mentioned that it was fixed in Magisk "24102+", I'm not sure what version is this, but I imagine it's not released yet. If so, is there a way of installing this version early?

Thank you!

anonymous-bot

Mar 19, 2014
Hi,

I've switched to the new method with the DenyList & Shamiko (v0.5.0) on OnePlus 6 recently - Magisk (v24.3), however it doesn't seem to hide root from Google Pay. Can it still be a bug with Magisk, when it can't hide system apps? In the changelog of Shamiko it mentioned that it was fixed in Magisk "24102+", I'm not sure what version is this, but I imagine it's not released yet. If so, is there a way of installing this version early?

Thank you!
Version 24102 would be v24.102. So your Magisk 24.300 is newer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for everything!

Here. First 5 post and you should know all you need :)

Get VD Infos and use it to scan your files. You can find it on XDA.
    OMG WAIT, it finally worked! I don't know what changed, but Duo is now no longer detecting root. Gotta love when things magically start working when you don't know what changed.
    Awesome. Hope it stays that way!