What is the poco x3 display brand?

Search This thread

nazmi28

Feb 20, 2013
Hello. The screen brand is not written in the test menu. Can those with rooted device download the device info HW application from google play and look at the screen brand? I hope tianma not ?.

Reactions: diNovoM

AIIIOT

Jan 28, 2015
usually huaxing nt36672c (huaxing optoelectronics, TCL group)
you can check it on MIUI bug report (call *#*#284#*#* and read debug log on MIUI/Debug_log folder on phone).
20997594.jpg

Last edited:

cientista99

Jan 12, 2013
Braga
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
What file are you guys opening? I did a log like said above and looked in pretty much every file I could searching for dsi and couldn't find the brand of my panel. Thank you.

Hi!

I don't know if there is an easy way but, after create the bug report with the above code (*#*#284#*#*), inside the debug_log on MIUI folder on main storage you will have a zip file (bug report). I extracted that bug report and inside was another bug report zip file, I also extracted that one and inside was a txt file with the same name as the zip. I opened that file and found the reference on the line 12 of the file. I believe you can search for "msm_drm.dsi_display0" or "lcmtype" and you will find it.

Regards

Pouchon514

Dec 9, 2014
Montreal
Hi!

I don't know if there is an easy way but, after create the bug report with the above code (*#*#284#*#*), inside the debug_log on MIUI folder on main storage you will have a zip file (bug report). I extracted that bug report and inside was another bug report zip file, I also extracted that one and inside was a txt file with the same name as the zip. I opened that file and found the reference on the line 12 of the file. I believe you can search for "msm_drm.dsi_display0" or "lcmtype" and you will find it.

Regards

thank you!, I foolishly thought the second zip was a copy of the first one in a recursive kind of way. Glad I have the same panel as you. thanks again.

deva_noah

May 10, 2011
Tirupur
Hi!

Regards
Hurray! Finally I found it, mine also huaxing stuffView attachment 5115345

Sent from my M2007J20CI using Tapatalk

nazmi28

Feb 20, 2013
mine too - though reading the Debug log was a mission, mine was 48 megabytes in size! had to find an app (think i used Chrome) to read it, the default app would only allow 2 megs maximum.

does anyone have a Non Huaxing screen>?
It hasn't been out so far. Let's see if it will.

M2007J20CG cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

nazmi28

Feb 20, 2013
I know huaxing is better than tianma panel.

M2007J20CG cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

GalaxyFan88

Jun 27, 2010
Münster
Guys I have just received my second Poco X3.
My first model is a 64GB one whereas the one I received now is a 128GB variant.

Being aware that phone manufacturers like to build their same phones within the same revision but with different hardware, I somehow had a bad gut feeling, that the 128GB I just got shipped now will be somehow different to the one I already own.

So upon starting up the newer X3 I perceived the screen to be a tad dark, especially the whites did not seem to "shine" much.
Having a bad premonition that I could possible have received a phone with different internal hardware (i.e. screen panel) I checked both phones side by side and noticed quite the differences between those.

My initial phone (64GB model) was/is much brighter than the 128GB model at the same brightness levels.
I tested out many brightness levels by adjusting the sliders and aligning them according to the background (in this case making sure the length of the brightness slider is the same on both phones) so I can test the brightness correctly.
I was surprised by how sharp the difference in brightness was. The 64GB seemed to be definitely brighter than the 128GB model.
Also, the colors seemed to be a tad more saturated on the 64GB device.
After this inital discovery I made sure, the 128GB model is also on the latest upate, which is 12.0.7.
Upon rebooting and reviewing the device again, I noticed no differences to the previous test: the screen seemed as inferior as it was before the software update compared to the 64GB model.
I was a little disappointed I must say.

Then I searched on google on how to check the screen manufacturer and found this thread.
After checking the system log on both phones I got the answer to the fishy differences between both phones:

My 128GB model has a Tianma panel whereas the 64GB model has a Huaxing panel.

Just wanted to share this with you guys.
Now I am stuck deciding on if I should keep the 128GB model.
Actually I am about to sell my 64GB device to a colleague; the newer X3 should have replaced my current one.
Now I am not so sure anymore on what exactly to do.

Does or did anyone else experience these kind of issues described above with their Poco X3s?

Poluux

Jun 18, 2014
Paris
Guys I have just received my second Poco X3.
My first model is a 64GB one whereas the one I received now is a 128GB variant.

Being aware that phone manufacturers like to build their same phones within the same revision but with different hardware, I somehow had a bad gut feeling, that the 128GB I just got shipped now will be somehow different to the one I already own.

So upon starting up the newer X3 I perceived the screen to be a tad dark, especially the whites did not seem to "shine" much.
Having a bad premonition that I could possible have received a phone with different internal hardware (i.e. screen panel) I checked both phones side by side and noticed quite the differences between those.

My initial phone (64GB model) was/is much brighter than the 128GB model at the same brightness levels.
I tested out many brightness levels by adjusting the sliders and aligning them according to the background (in this case making sure the length of the brightness slider is the same on both phones) so I can test the brightness correctly.
I was surprised by how sharp the difference in brightness was. The 64GB seemed to be definitely brighter than the 128GB model.
Also, the colors seemed to be a tad more saturated on the 64GB device.
After this inital discovery I made sure, the 128GB model is also on the latest upate, which is 12.0.7.
Upon rebooting and reviewing the device again, I noticed no differences to the previous test: the screen seemed as inferior as it was before the software update compared to the 64GB model.
I was a little disappointed I must say.

Then I searched on google on how to check the screen manufacturer and found this thread.
After checking the system log on both phones I got the answer to the fishy differences between both phones:

My 128GB model has a Tianma panel whereas the 64GB model has a Huaxing panel.

Just wanted to share this with you guys.
Now I am stuck deciding on if I should keep the 128GB model.
Actually I am about to sell my 64GB device to a colleague; the newer X3 should have replaced my current one.
Now I am not so sure anymore on what exactly to do.

Does or did anyone else experience these kind of issues described above with their Poco X3s?

Sad news :/
Where did you buy your X3 and is it a X3 or X3 NFC ?

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
Hey guys, Can someone please answer fast. I'm gonna buy a second hand poco x3 and I asked the seller to check the display manufacturer
the problem is after dialing that number mentioned here, there is no debug file in the mentioned folder.
is it hidden or something?
are there any other ways to check this?
Unfortunately I dont have the phone in hand and the seller isnt that into these things so I have to make things simple for him.

SkaboXD

Jan 18, 2017
Ganja
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hey guys, Can someone please answer fast. I'm gonna buy a second hand poco x3 and I asked the seller to check the display manufacturer
the problem is after dialing that number mentioned here, there is no debug file in the mentioned folder.
is it hidden or something?
are there any other ways to check this?
Unfortunately I dont have the phone in hand and the seller isnt that into these things so I have to make things simple for him.

Device Info HW application but only with root access. You will find it in General - cmdline section.

diNovoM

Aug 30, 2013
No need for root though (with latest vers?) Simply check general tab LCM. With NFC 64GB:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210220-153151_Device_Info_HW.png
    Screenshot_20210220-153151_Device_Info_HW.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 496
Reactions: Poluux

GalaxyFan88

Jun 27, 2010
Münster

I bought it at the official german Xiaomi Online shop. It's the X3 NFC.

Btw. I noticed the Huaxing panel can also keep sunlight mode activated for a longer time period than the Tianma panel.
Same setup side by side holding both phones under direct sunlight and using them (scrolling around, starting apps etc.).

The Tianma panel seems to have a more aggressive thermal management and turns off sunlight mode more quickly, making it less readable than the Huaxing panel with regards to maximum brightness level.

This is just my subjective observation though.

Reactions: Poluux

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what manufacturer is this?
    msm_drm.dsi_display0=dsi_j20s_36_02_0a_video_display:
    dsi_j20s-42-02-0b <- CSOT/Huaxing
    dsi_j20s-36-02-0a <- Tianma
    what manufacturer is this?
    msm_drm.dsi_display0=dsi_j20s_36_02_0a_video_display:
    Hello. The screen brand is not written in the test menu. Can those with rooted device download the device info HW application from google play and look at the screen brand? I hope tianma not ?.
    No need for root though (with latest vers?) Simply check general tab LCM. With NFC 64GB:

I bought it at the official german Xiaomi Online shop. It's the X3 NFC.

Btw. I noticed the Huaxing panel can also keep sunlight mode activated for a longer time period than the Tianma panel.
    Same setup side by side holding both phones under direct sunlight and using them (scrolling around, starting apps etc.).

The Tianma panel seems to have a more aggressive thermal management and turns off sunlight mode more quickly, making it less readable than the Huaxing panel with regards to maximum brightness level.

This is just my subjective observation though.