• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What is the poco x3 display brand?

Search This thread

Poluux

Jun 18, 2014
Paris
I bought it at the official german Xiaomi Online shop. It's the X3 NFC.

Btw. I noticed the Huaxing panel can also keep sunlight mode activated for a longer time period than the Tianma panel.
Same setup side by side holding both phones under direct sunlight and using them (scrolling around, starting apps etc.).

The Tianma panel seems to have a more aggressive thermal management and turns off sunlight mode more quickly, making it less readable than the Huaxing panel with regards to maximum brightness level.

This is just my subjective observation though.

Thanks for your detailed feedback, I guess it also affect the battery life then.

My parents received it, the manufacture date is 2012.12 which is pretty recent. The first batch might have the Huaxing panel (for marketing reason; youtube reviewers, etc...) and the later bunch the Tianma one (for cost reason). I might be wrong though. I will check it once I have it in hands and comeback here to post.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: GalaxyFan88

abelkov

May 31, 2015
Are you satisfied with your phone and the display?
Actually I am for now - have the phone from 3 days. But i'm reading about a lot of issues - "ghost touch", "image retention" and so on and all of these with Tianma displays. Is it true or is it extragerated?

Still have time to return the phone, hope if there is an issue it will appear on time.

Noter2017

Dec 10, 2016
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Mi Band 4
Actually I am for now - have the phone from 3 days. But i'm reading about a lot of issues - "ghost touch", "image retention" and so on and all of these with Tianma displays. Is it true or is it extragerated?

Still have time to return the phone, hope if there is an issue it will appear on time.
I have no issues with the screen and don't even know which screen I have.

If you are happy with the phone, keep it. Ghost touches is something Xiaomi is responsible for and they will fix it during the warranty period.

abelkov

May 31, 2015
Still i prefer not to use repaired/opened phone. So if there is a chance having an issue i prefer to return it. Bought the phone because of its hardware but probably i would read more opinions before purchasing it.

Have almost a month more to think about it... :)

Can someone confirm that Tianma displays are bad and explain what's their problem?

Last edited:

segashots

Jun 6, 2021
usually huaxing nt36672c (huaxing optoelectronics, TCL group)
you can check it on MIUI bug report (call *#*#284#*#* and read debug log on MIUI/Debug_log folder on phone).
20997594.jpg
I've tried so many times but can't generate the debug log ://

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what manufacturer is this?
    msm_drm.dsi_display0=dsi_j20s_36_02_0a_video_display:
    dsi_j20s-42-02-0b <- CSOT/Huaxing
    dsi_j20s-36-02-0a <- Tianma
    what manufacturer is this?
    msm_drm.dsi_display0=dsi_j20s_36_02_0a_video_display:
    Hello. The screen brand is not written in the test menu. Can those with rooted device download the device info HW application from google play and look at the screen brand? I hope tianma not ?.
    No need for root though (with latest vers?) Simply check general tab LCM. With NFC 64GB:
    Sad news :/
    Where did you buy your X3 and is it a X3 or X3 NFC ?

I bought it at the official german Xiaomi Online shop. It's the X3 NFC.

Btw. I noticed the Huaxing panel can also keep sunlight mode activated for a longer time period than the Tianma panel.
    Same setup side by side holding both phones under direct sunlight and using them (scrolling around, starting apps etc.).

The Tianma panel seems to have a more aggressive thermal management and turns off sunlight mode more quickly, making it less readable than the Huaxing panel with regards to maximum brightness level.

This is just my subjective observation though.