what is the point of XDA Android app when you have tapatalk?

Search This thread

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Always good to support the forums with the XDA app

I did purchase 2 XDA apps (Premium & HD). But I also bought two TapaTalk apps (v1 & v2) and I'm using TapaTalk now, because it looks and works exactly the same anyway, but it also does multiple forums and I can have one app instead of multiple apps. Saves space in both storage and screen real estate. :)

<>[]<><>[]<><>[]<>~<>[]<><>[]<><>[]<>

Sent from TapaTalk2 on my way cool
Samsung Galaxy (SPH-L900) Note 2
Whompasaurus/Perseus/JB v4.1.2

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Big post.
So basically what you want is when you click on a link on any other app (mail for eg. since its giving you notifications). You need to clear all the defaults you have set around with your browsers. (do it from settings»applications»manage»here).
After that whenever you click on a link, it will show up a popup to chose the app to procede for the link. If the link is from xda use tapatalk (it'll take you to the post right away), if from other site, use your preffered browser. Again do not set anything as default as tapatalk cannot open other sites and you will need to clear the defaults again.

A Hero Can Be Anyone.

Dear Bruce Wayne,

I just wanted to say thank you again for helping me to use the TapaTalk 2 app (XDA app works the same way)!

It has changed everything with regard to posting for me! It used to truly suck the way I had to do it with blowing up the web site (see my original post above) and for a year, I could not find/get the info on how to do it using either the XDA, or TapaTalk apps. But now, after doing it the very simple way you showed me, it is a really great experience! Plus I figured out how to quote the message you're responding to (you tap the msg, not the menu, which only has "Reply" in it).

I know it's nothing from your perspective, but when you haven't been able to do it for the whole year or so you've had the apps and no one answers you, figuring you need to read (but it's not in any docs/faq) and you're disabled and need it working, well, then it means a whole lot!

So thank you again Bruce!

And thanks to the other gentleman for the informative link as well!

Now let me see if I can figure out how to do one of those "Thank You" tags on your message. Hahaha!

[][][]~[][][]

Sent using TapaTalk2 on my way cool
Galaxy (SPH-L900) Note 2 w/JB 4.1.2
Whompasaurus ROM/Perseus Kernel

Last edited:
B

Bruce Wayne

Dear Bruce Wayne,

I just wanted to say thank you again for helping me to use the TapaTalk 2 app (XDA app works the same way)!

It has changed everything with regard to posting for me! It used to truly suck the way I had to do it with blowing up the web site (see my original post above) and for a year, I could not find/get the info on how to do it using either the XDA, or TapaTalk apps. But now, after doing it the very simple way you showed me, it is a really great experience! Plus I figured out how to quote the message you're responding to (you tap the msg, not the menu, which only has "Reply" in it).

I know it's nothing from your perspective, but when you haven't been able to do it for the whole year or so you've had the apps and no one answers you, figuring you need to read (but it's not in any docs/faq) and you're disabled and need it working, well, then it means a whole lot!

So thank you again Bruce!

And thanks to the other gentleman for the informative link as well!

Now let me see if I can figure out how to do one of those "Thank You" tags on your message. Hahaha!

[][][]~[][][]

Sure.
Touch the post and it will give you all options including multiple quotes. Feel free to ask anything:)

y9e5ysun.jpg

A Hero Can Be Anyone.

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Sure.
Touch the post and it will give you all options including multiple quotes. Feel free to ask anything:)

y9e5ysun.jpg

A Hero Can Be Anyone.

Got it and did it! :)

<>[]<><>[]<><>[]<>~<>[]<><>[]<><>[]<>

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Personally, I originally got the free XDA app because XDA was the only forum that I used. Once I started using XDA a lot more and became a regular on here, I decided to support the site so I bought the premium app.

I do venture out into other forums now so a while ago I bought Tapatalk HD, as I mainly use it on my Nexus 7. Even now though, I don't really go onto other forums but will still use Tapatalk HD simply because it's got a better UI.

Maybe I will consider getting XDA Premium HD at some point but only once the UI is more modernised and will then look great on my tablet aswell.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it's just like asking why superman wears his underwear on the outside.

user preference.

period.

XDA has real expenses like server maintainance,
    with 4,000,000 registered users and 30,000+ people online,
    they need some financial aid to help them provide you people the service,

XDA never forced you to pay a dime but have given you a tremendous amount of service,
    i'd like to see you manage a server with 4,000,000 users and let's see how well you go
    i got both...but to be honest i only use XDA app now as this is the only forum i check. and if by me having the premium version helps support for the maintenance of the site, it is the least i can do for what i have learned from XDA over the last two years and the goodies that i have done to my phone to make it better:)
    I don't know you can draw XDA app to superman wearing his underwear on the outside? May be except they both don't make sense to me as a user.

yet, the rest of your argument is from server-sidepoint of view, not users...

you lack creative thinking and i find your knowledge disturbing,

that's fine, I understand, I have no issue with XDA asking for donation or anything. But how is this an reason for an independent forum app? There are thousands of forums, many with millions of members and I am a member of many forums. I don't see the logic for me to download independent app for each of these forum if they each had one.

USER-PREFERENCE,

i never use tapatalk,
    i use the xda app FYI,
    it's XDA's project,

and from my point of view,
    i find it pretty useful since i only have XDA as my active forum so why bother getting a 3rd-party app when you can download a version directly from XDA.

what does my ability to manage a server with 4m users have to do with my original question?

it's kinda rude, saying that XDA is doing it for bucks,
    since they did this to provide users an independent forum app,
    you justified the means without proper knowledge,
    my question was direction at people who post at a number of forums, use tapatalk and use XDA app as well. I don't get the point of having XDA app.
    Reread your thread title and OP. Nowhere does it state that it's directed to people who use multiple forums, and you probably would have received different replies completely if you had made that clear. All you did was make the XDA app seem useless, which is wrong, because for people who only use XDA there's no point paying for tapatalk.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone