What is this feature??

Search This thread

Yepi69

May 30, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Guys.

I just realized there is a new feature on my phone.
I never allowed it to be installed, phone never asked if I wanted it and I have all updates turned off. All updates!
Stock, no root, Jan 2020 firmware.
You can find in under settings/google and it will be the very first position.
What is that?
How do I remove it?
It's something that was being developed months ago, it makes your device search for devices in the background periodically for potentially COVID-19 infected people.
If someone is infected, they have to report it on their phone and it flags other users around if you're near someone who had/has COVID-19 or not.
It uses Bluetooth

DonAndress

Mar 16, 2010
Kraków
Samsung Galaxy A71
It's something that was being developed months ago, it makes your device search for devices in the background periodically for potentially COVID-19 infected people.
If someone is infected, they have to report it on their phone and it flags other users around if you're near someone who had/has COVID-19 or not.
It uses Bluetooth
Yeah. Good thing I still have Nokia 3310 ;)

drchip42

Dec 12, 2014
How can you be so sure? How do you know it doesn't work in the background anyway?

How can you be sure little green aliens are not running the world? Do you have Bluetooth on ? do you track what data you receive on Bluetooth? its a framework module...not a secret conspiracy to take over the world... ( again )

drchip42

Dec 12, 2014
How can you be so sure? How do you know it doesn't work in the background anyway?

Its a framework. That means, apps sit on top on the frame ... like building a house, you need a base ( frame ) . This " Base" lets others build whatever house they want on top ... the actual "base" does nothing, how do I know... its a framework. if you are so paranoid, stop all you're google, amazon frameworks and see what happens, spoilers, your phone won't work. Next, stop all the frameworks in windows if you use that .. spoilers, it won't work ....then put everything into a box and leave it there

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its a framework. That means, apps sit on top on the frame ... like building a house, you need a base ( frame ) . This " Base" lets others build whatever house they want on top ... the actual "base" does nothing, how do I know... its a framework. if you are so paranoid, stop all you're google, amazon frameworks and see what happens, spoilers, your phone won't work. Next, stop all the frameworks in windows if you use that .. spoilers, it won't work ....then put everything into a box and leave it there
    Yeah. Good thing I still have Nokia 3310 ;)
    If you want to live life without being tracked, I suggest you move to Mars.
    its a framework, it needs an app to work with it to be of any use . without the app from your local country etc it does nothing.
    If you want to live life without being tracked, I suggest you move to Mars.
    I think "curiosity" is already there :p
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone