What is your new phone after s10e, and why do you hate it?

Search This thread

theartialmartist

Feb 7, 2011
We held on for as long as we could, but our babies are aging and need to move on to plastic pasture. Especially if we've been living with a small crack in the screen for a few years like i have.

It looks like the size issue is being addressed this year, with some flagships available in sub-tablet sizes for people who don't want to hold their phone with both hands just to type the letter "A".

I dread not having a REAL fingerprint reader sitting on the power button with a usable slide function. This was a compound stroke of genius, it works so instantaneously, so accurately, my thumb simply *makes any contact* with the phone its natural position in my hand and unlocks, and a moment later with a 1mm flick i pull the notification bar down, and press to lock again or reverse to throw it back up again, all with nearly instant, almost imperceptible levels of movement and exactly zero thought or effort. Simply put, every in-display fingerprint experience is going to be a disaster coming from this. I only use it, like, 700 times a day.

So, what "small" phone have you upgraded to? And why do you hate it? Please prepare my hate.

Options:
- S22 5G: Potential hate here is the new chipset runs so hot power users will top out at 4 hours SoT. i've had quite enough of 4 hours SoT thank you very much. and the in-display fingerprint reader.
- Xiaomi 12X: A very compelling option as the 870 chipset looks like it might give power users 6-7 hours of SoT. Potential hate here is the lack of a real proximity sensor, which may be no issue whatsoever if i just get used to locking the phone immediately after placing a call, or it may drive me to my darkest levels of insanity. and the in-display fingerprint reader.
- Zenfone 9 (Unannounced): Another compelling option IF it's announced with a more efficient chipset. Potential hate here is if I get a RAMDUMP dead board like so many zenfone 8s had, i will punch a small kitten in the face. I use my phone for work and don't have time for this nonsense in a flagship device in 2022. And I hear ASUS REFUSED WARRANTY REPAIR for people who rooted their phones??? and the in-display fingerprint reader.
- Pixel 7 (Unreleased): The most extravagant choice of the batch, with the most patience necessary, but man is it gorgeous. And who knows how efficient the new Tensor chip will be? Potential hate here is the size is approaching large-boi territory. and the in-display fingerprint reader.

Dishonorable mention:
- What in the Kentucky Fried Fluff was Google thinking slapping a 60hz display on the Pixel 6A?? Everything else was so perfect expect the in-display fingerprint reader.

What has your upgrade experience been? And why do you hate it?

Reactions: Ati_gangster

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We held on for as long as we could, but our babies are aging and need to move on to plastic pasture. Especially if we've been living with a small crack in the screen for a few years like i have.

It looks like the size issue is being addressed this year, with some flagships available in sub-tablet sizes for people who don't want to hold their phone with both hands just to type the letter "A".

I dread not having a REAL fingerprint reader sitting on the power button with a usable slide function. This was a compound stroke of genius, it works so instantaneously, so accurately, my thumb simply *makes any contact* with the phone its natural position in my hand and unlocks, and a moment later with a 1mm flick i pull the notification bar down, and press to lock again or reverse to throw it back up again, all with nearly instant, almost imperceptible levels of movement and exactly zero thought or effort. Simply put, every in-display fingerprint experience is going to be a disaster coming from this. I only use it, like, 700 times a day.

So, what "small" phone have you upgraded to? And why do you hate it? Please prepare my hate.

Options:
    - S22 5G: Potential hate here is the new chipset runs so hot power users will top out at 4 hours SoT. i've had quite enough of 4 hours SoT thank you very much. and the in-display fingerprint reader.
    - Xiaomi 12X: A very compelling option as the 870 chipset looks like it might give power users 6-7 hours of SoT. Potential hate here is the lack of a real proximity sensor, which may be no issue whatsoever if i just get used to locking the phone immediately after placing a call, or it may drive me to my darkest levels of insanity. and the in-display fingerprint reader.
    - Zenfone 9 (Unannounced): Another compelling option IF it's announced with a more efficient chipset. Potential hate here is if I get a RAMDUMP dead board like so many zenfone 8s had, i will punch a small kitten in the face. I use my phone for work and don't have time for this nonsense in a flagship device in 2022. And I hear ASUS REFUSED WARRANTY REPAIR for people who rooted their phones??? and the in-display fingerprint reader.
    - Pixel 7 (Unreleased): The most extravagant choice of the batch, with the most patience necessary, but man is it gorgeous. And who knows how efficient the new Tensor chip will be? Potential hate here is the size is approaching large-boi territory. and the in-display fingerprint reader.

Dishonorable mention:
    - What in the Kentucky Fried Fluff was Google thinking slapping a 60hz display on the Pixel 6A?? Everything else was so perfect expect the in-display fingerprint reader.

What has your upgrade experience been? And why do you hate it?