• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What is your standby battery drain rate?

Search This thread

matty100147

Aug 7, 2016
Belfast
On my old mate 10 pro i was consistently 0.3-0.5% per hour but with the S21 Ultra im consistently 3-4% per hour and i have all the same apps installed and same usage patterns, first phone ive ever owned where i need to put the phone on aeroplane mode a few hours a day just to get me through to bedtime, even on aeroplane mode i cant get it under 1% per hour definitely wont be staying with Samsung after my contract runs out, they dont give a toss about battery life

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
United Kingdom
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
On my old mate 10 pro i was consistently 0.3-0.5% per hour but with the S21 Ultra im consistently 3-4% per hour and i have all the same apps installed and same usage patterns, first phone ive ever owned where i need to put the phone on aeroplane mode a few hours a day just to get me through to bedtime, even on aeroplane mode i cant get it under 1% per hour definitely wont be staying with Samsung after my contract runs out, they dont give a toss about battery life
Are you moving around a lot with phone in pocket? Airplane mode doesn't solve the camera service wakelock while it's moving it activates auto focus to prevent camera shake, it's a common drain and Samsung say it's working so they won't fix it. We've started a petition and need as many people as possible to sign it. Temporary solution is to turn sensors off.

jericho246

Dec 19, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
According to GSam Battery monitor : 2.3% per hour :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-223715_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-223715_GSam Battery Monitor.jpg
    515 KB · Views: 46

matty100147

Aug 7, 2016
Belfast
Are you moving around a lot with phone in pocket? Airplane mode doesn't solve the camera service wakelock while it's moving it activates auto focus to prevent camera shake, it's a common drain and Samsung say it's working so they won't fix it. We've started a petition and need as many people as possible to sign it. Temporary solution is to turn sensors off.
yes im an extremely active person who walks between 10-20k steps a day according to Samsung health, im fully aware of this wakelock and have signed the petition, i done a city break in Dublin with someone who had a 5 year old Huawei the other week and it outlasted my S21Ultra, quite frankly its embarrassing for Samsung, i have the Samsung upgrade program and i did plan to get the new Ultra every year but because of the battery life there is no way im remaining with Samsung after my contract expires, yes the camera, performance, screen and UI is in my opinion the best out there but its all pretty pointless if the battery can only last 12hrs or so when on the move

Ipse_Tase

Feb 29, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
At night time I'm registering the same 0.3%/hr as with the old Mate 20 pro, but that's with Wi-Fi off and power saving mode.
Mind you, that's not exactly stellar considering the 20% battery size difference and the 5nm vs 7nm process.

During the day it varies too much depending on how many emails I get - even when in standby, but 0.5-1%/hr on a good day.

All taken from Accubattery, same as with previous phones.

BTW...it's embarrassing, but I turned off Google Fit tracking and resort to a smart watch for step and activities tracking...it was indeed burning the battery quite fast.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yes im an extremely active person who walks between 10-20k steps a day according to Samsung health, im fully aware of this wakelock and have signed the petition, i done a city break in Dublin with someone who had a 5 year old Huawei the other week and it outlasted my S21Ultra, quite frankly its embarrassing for Samsung, i have the Samsung upgrade program and i did plan to get the new Ultra every year but because of the battery life there is no way im remaining with Samsung after my contract expires, yes the camera, performance, screen and UI is in my opinion the best out there but its all pretty pointless if the battery can only last 12hrs or so when on the move