What keyboard are you using?

Search This thread

Jiibus

Dec 17, 2010
I've come to see what keyboards people might be using. I've been using SwiftKey for a pretty long time but in the past few months they've changed to something about how the spacebar and the period Buttons are placed to where I'm constantly pressing the period after words instead of pressing the spacebar.

It has come to the point that I don't really want to use SwiftKey anymore, but I really do enjoy the auto prediction and insertion of predictions when I press the spacebar.

And it seems I'm not the only one.
https://support.swiftkey.com/hc/en-...eep-hitting-full-stop-period-instead-of-space

Last edited:

Prattham

Sep 6, 2013
New Delhi
Well I'm using SwiftKey since 7 years and i will probably use it for the rest of my life lol
But if you want to switch then g board is probably the best option

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 XL using XDA Labs

Voicebox

Sep 5, 2010
I use Swype, mainly because I paid for it back when it was the only keyboard that allowed drawing the word out. I think it is free now.

It also has some nice shortcuts, like swipe from the swype key to the 5, and it changes to a numbers only keypad layout, for when you want to easily put a bunch of numbers using nice large keys. And swipe from the swype key to the ?123 key directly to the right, and it changes to an editing keypad with arrow keys, copy, cut and paste keys, etc,.

Gboard has both of those menus, but takes more steps to get to. Though the Gboard ways can be found by trial and error, where you have to look at the swype tutorial to know their shortcuts. Gboard has a better looking key layout to me. I thought they were spaced out more, but I just checked by holding a pen point right above letters while switching between screenshots of both and they are the same centers. I have had my Swype keyboard set to 110% high keys for a while, which seems to be the same as Gboard stock.

Bromsoket

May 20, 2010
Been using Swiftkey for years but just switched to Gboard since Swiftkey is getting worse and worse on every update...
Latest version is just unusable, the cursor jumps randomly sometimes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cbass15

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
I was a big SwiftKey user from it's beginning until a few months into my Nexus 5X. I was even a moderator on their forums and beta tester. Typing was just too laggy though so I switched to Gboard and haven't looked back.

Horoscope

Aug 5, 2010
Bangalore
I had tried many keyboards and have always come back to Google Keyboard (Gboard)..
from the past year or so I have not used any keyboards apart from Gboard, it simply is the best

arvylas

Mar 14, 2012
Athens!!
OnePlus 8 Pro
Gboard is probably the best kboard out there but i use Swiftkey because gboard's greek dictionary isn't that good and with flow typing you have to write the word your own every now and then. If i could import the swiftkey's greek dictionary into gboard i would never looked back again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Been using Swiftkey for years but just switched to Gboard since Swiftkey is getting worse and worse on every update...
    Latest version is just unusable, the cursor jumps randomly sometimes.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone