What launcher are you guys using?

Search This thread

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
What's going on guys? Seeing as to how this phone is super fast and snappy, I thought I'd create the first "Themes and Apps" thread for the Razr M

Almost as soon as I got the phone, I downloaded and installed Go Launcher, Go sms, go calendar, go task, go note, and go switch because thats what I'm used to and those apps/widgets kick ass...

but I know that the "circles widget" is supposedly really cool and the stock launcher wasn't too bad...so I was wondering, what launchers are you guys having success/fun with? Go launcher runs super fast with all the animations and whatnot, so I can definitely imagine the other launchers probably run great too

Reactions: mic213

jarzy00

Oct 7, 2011
Rochester
A lot of people are either running with apex or nova these days. IMO they're pretty similar except the fact that apex has gestures included for free (which is one of the main reasons people use it) while as nova does not have gestures included. IMO I thought Nova was a little snappier but that's just one guys opinion. I recently switched back to the stock launcher because I missed the circles widget. Plus I might upgrade to jellybean soon but I'm waiting because there was a couple articles online that said the official version might be released this week! Prolly not... but better to have hope than none at all lol.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dyelon

cvo515

Dec 8, 2010
I'm on Nova, the paid version. Smoother and snapper, and gives me the freedom I need to do what I need.

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I'm just addicted to themed icons, I think that's why I'm stuck on go launcher

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

hokieputter

Nov 18, 2010
Personally, I'm not into themed icons at all. Or any theming for that matter. Prefer a stock (or close to) look. Using Nova Prime and the JB icon pack.

tadgerloks

Sep 24, 2010
CA
+1 on hacked circle widget :p not a big fan of it personally, but good too have options

And I'm rooted on JB leak, debloated running blank all black lightning launcher with swipepad

Saves RAM saves battery works great :) no lock screen either ;)

aznguyen316

Feb 8, 2007
Nova Prime with JB leak. Pretty much installed that right away when I got the phone but I'm kind of curious to use the stock launcher, however I got Prime on sale and I love the gestures to add another 5 app launches from the dock.

steve2711

Feb 2, 2010
Vero Beach Fl.
Launchers

Was using Nova for a while but am now using the stock launcher.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Hi,
I've just gone though the ROMS-CM 10 and Eclipse, but found that CM 10 has really bad speaker problems for incoming calls, which I could not, nor others users could not, work around. Although its the most interesting ROM and quite smooth, and allows for themes from Market. The Eclipse is very smooth and I think built better, but frankly boring. Neither of these allow for the Moto 3 rings, which I noticed nearly everyone in this string has missed or gone back to. Also, I'd hoped to be able to allow for the larger screen in a ROM, where the soft device tools at the bottom are eliminated (using changes in Build.Prop and the app: "Button Savior" as replacement-which is a fabulous app), and while CM 10 allows for their elimination, except for "menu" still the black area remains. Eclipse doesn't allow for this at all. Making the changes in Build.Prop works in CM 10 re: the screen but the speaker issue turned me away after awhile along with losing all notification alerts and signal strength meter.So back to stock moto and found that Nova launcher, with root, allows for, what seems, at least a %60 transparency on the bottom of the screen as well as the elimination of the top notification bar, but the alerts occur and incoming emails can be seen in the Lock screen-works well. So, I'm now back to stock w Nova, although the Moto 3 ring app cannot work on Nova.

Last edited:

stanlalee

Aug 26, 2010
Stock most of the time but occasionally Nova prime. If it weren't for the ugly Motorola icons I could probably live with the stock launcher all the time. One more clock widget free is certainly close enough to the circle widget to live with (except the text messages not showing up in it) on Nova and I enjoy the options of Nova but the stock launcher performs as good as any and is pretty close to stock android save the left most quick settings I could take or leave.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock Moto Blur Jelly Bean launcher!!!

Nova here. The only other I've tried that I'd consider is Apex.
    I'm using everything me home it is in beta on the play store but its cool check it out on YouTube also as you search stuff your phone adapts to you

That launcher is cool :p

I'm using everything me home it is in beta on the play store but its cool check it out on YouTube also as you search stuff your phone adapts to you

What's going on guys? Seeing as to how this phone is super fast and snappy, I thought I'd create the first "Themes and Apps" thread for the Razr M

Almost as soon as I got the phone, I downloaded and installed Go Launcher, Go sms, go calendar, go task, go note, and go switch because thats what I'm used to and those apps/widgets kick ass...

but I know that the "circles widget" is supposedly really cool and the stock launcher wasn't too bad...so I was wondering, what launchers are you guys having success/fun with? Go launcher runs super fast with all the animations and whatnot, so I can definitely imagine the other launchers probably run great too