What launcher are you using on your N6?

Search This thread

snc74

Jan 18, 2011
I use Apex launcher Pro & Nova launcher prime both are the best on customization and smoothness. In a close 2nd comes Launcher X. Almost with same features from Apex & Nova but free.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I've stayed stock so far but normally run Nova or Apex (paid versions of both) currently on here looking for the latest Sony experia launcher!

singinfeller

Sep 20, 2011
Nova all the way baby!!! Hooked on it since forever. Love the transparency for widgets and especially the app drawer. Just don't feel the white googles shoving down our throats now.

VR6slammage

Mar 23, 2010
Orlando
I use GNL because it has been the smoothest for me. Also I use the swipe to google now a lot. I used to be big on launchers and customizing home screens but I guess I got lazy over the years. Do any aftermarket launchers support the native google now like GNL does?

anthonyvardiz

Apr 28, 2015
Wayne
I use Nova Launcher Prime. I was never really big on launchers until after I got my Nexus 6 and some of my friends were convincing me to try out Nova. I love it for its customization. I also tried Apex and actually preferred the free version of it over Nova's free version. The settings having Material Design sooner was also a huge plus for me. I moved away from Apex after the developer(s) installed that adware thing a few months ago. I decided to jump the gun and get Nova Prime and I have no regrets so far. I love the Material Design makeover and the ability to access Google Now with just a swipe up on any home screen is awesome. I also like the ability to see the number of notifications through the TeslaUnread Plugin. It's probably now the first app I'll install on every new phone going forward.

Last edited:

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
I use Nova Launcher Prime. I was never really big on launchers until after I got my Nexus 6 and some of my friends were convincing me to try out Nova. I love it for its customization. I also tried Apex and actually preferred the free version of it over Nova's free version. The settings having Material Design sooner was also a huge plus for me. I moved away from Apex after the developer(s) installed that adware thing a few months ago. I decided to jump the gun and get Nova Prime and I have no regrets so far. I love the Material Design makeover and the ability to access Google Now with just a swipe up on any home screen is awesome. I also like the ability to see the number of notifications through the TeslaUnread Plugin. It's probably now the first app I'll uninstall on every new phone going forward.
That's a lot of praise for the first app that you'll uninstall on your phone. [emoji12]

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

What is the lightest launcher that removes the google search widget from the home screen?
Well Nova, Apex, and Action 3 are all ~5mb so that's pretty damn light. Of course they all have that option as well.

DustinKimble

Sep 30, 2013
Nova

Nova prime. It does everything I could ask a launcher to do. I only use one page and everything is accessible within 2 presses or swipes. It's also very battery and memory friendly.

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
Like pretty much everyone else here, I always resort back to Nova Prime.

I'd LOVE to use the Google Now launcher since I've become pretty dependent on Google Now as a whole. But the launcher is missing 3 key things that keep preventing me from sticking with it:

1) Built in ability to change the icon theme
2) Built in ability to resize the icons in both the desktop and the app drawer
3) Built in ability to hide apps within the app drawer

Nova Prime has all of these features. It's just missing the swipe left for Google Now. But a quick flip up with the finger launches Google Now just as easy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nova Launcher prime

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app
    Ive gone from Samsung devices to lg to Nexus.. Never really gone with a 3rd party launcher.
    Nova Prime...no matter how often I try others, I keep returning to it. Constantly improving, intuitive, lean and fast.

Sent from my Nexus 6
    Nova prime. It so flexible yet so much like stock launcher. I love it. I use it on all my android devices
    Nova Prime is the way to go! Respect to the Dev for constant updates and beta's!
    Like pretty much everyone else here, I always resort back to Nova Prime.

I'd LOVE to use the Google Now launcher since I've become pretty dependent on Google Now as a whole. But the launcher is missing 3 key things that keep preventing me from sticking with it:

1) Built in ability to change the icon theme
    2) Built in ability to resize the icons in both the desktop and the app drawer
    3) Built in ability to hide apps within the app drawer

Nova Prime has all of these features. It's just missing the swipe left for Google Now. But a quick flip up with the finger launches Google Now just as easy.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone