What made YOU choose Nexus 7

Search This thread

ArmorD

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
I broke the screen of my S2 and had to use an iPhone 4S for a month. I thought all the ios hate was something we android users had developed during the years but now I understand. Man that thing sucks in every possible way and it is definitely not smooth(in my experience anyway). Also I get no control over the thing whatsoever without jailbreaking it. I missed Android SO much.

So I bought N7 yesterday. This is my toy, I have an ancient Samsung flip phone as my actual phone. This is fast and the form factor is great. Also cheap as hell, which was the ultimate reason I bought this instead of say Note 10.1.

I love this thing, unlocked and rooted it after hour of purchase.

Sent from my panda

trssho91

Jan 25, 2013
Toano
For me its mainly because I couldn't find a tablet with similar specs in a 7in form factor anywhere near the price point. Beyond that I like to 'play' with it in that I flash roms and customize it. Nexus is a breeze to work with. Being a nexus, it was also a good bet to have good accessory support. Ifixit gave it a really good score on ease of repairs. The no SD didn't bother me because cm10.1 has native otg support.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

brickbeats

Feb 3, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
My story of how I ended up with the N7 is this...

My first tablet was a Zenithink C71 (7", WVGA, 900 mhz A9, too slow)

Then I got a Ainol Crystal (7", WSVGA, Dual Core A9, performed good but screens failed)

Couldn't take the cheap tablets anymore. Got the real deal, happily ever after.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

leminhnguyen0703

Dec 23, 2010
Sydney
- Price : Got it for AUD$280, version, which was a bargain considering I'm living in Australia, where technology prices are sky high compared to other parts of the world.

- Support : It's a Nexus, so I guess no need for further explaination here.

- Android : Customisability. I just love tweaking and changing stuff to my liking. On Paranoid Android and more than happy.

- Form factor : Had the Asus Transformer Prime before and despite being lightweight and the excellent external keyboard, I couldn't bear having a 10 inch screen in my hand for an extended period of time as it was quite uncomfortable. 7 inch is perfect to my liking. I can hold the Nexus one handed reading books lying down in my bed, which is something quite impossible to do with any 10 inch tab as it would tends to fall on my face, which did happen with my Prime :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010
I had it with Motorola and Verizon stuff on my DroidX.
I wanted pure Android on a popular tablet (i.e. large user base) that I could easily root to do normal things like take proper backups and screenshots.
What a concept! Lol!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Captivate-me

Oct 19, 2010
The fact that I paid $0 for my Nexus 7 is the first and foremost reason why I have it :)
This is my first tablet. I had a choice b/t the Nexus and the Kindle Fire HD. I didn't know much about Nexus, b/c this is my first Nexus product. But I learned from my research that I will get a pure Google experience with Nexus, so the choice for me was easy.

Reactions: teonagode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. The price.
    2. The development.
    3. The feel.
    4. It's Nexus.
    Well I originally had the Asus transformer as my first tablet. It was fantastic. Fast. Great screen. Good build quality etc.

Was very happy with it. Was 10inch as well.

But anyway. After about a year with it, I decided I wanted to switch to the 7 inch form factor. I wanted something smaller and more portable. This was all due to the nexus 7! A friend at work had brought one in one day and I had some brief time with it.

I loved the size immediately and I still do. Its so slim and portable and cute and....uhhhh. Just nice!

Feels lovely in the hands. Also the fact that its a nexus device is also a blessing. Updates should be no problems. And the AOSP firmware is definitely a good thing as well.

The screen is nice. Its not the best but its nice. Can't complain there.

The price is excellent as well. Big selling point. I got my 32GB for 199 GBP. Again can't complain. :)

After about 8 months with it now, I'm still very very happy. The device has held up very well, but then again I do look after it very well.

Another strong point of the 7 is the battery life. Its excellent I think. I mostly run mine at about 60 percent brightness, and I get easily over 5 hours screen on time. For moderate usage, the battery lasts for days on end it seems. For heavy usage, easily one can get through a whole day.

Overall its an excellent tablet. The specs are also still very commendable with 1 gig ram and tegra 3 quad CPU. I will be holding on to mine for a while yet I think.

Unless Google wows us all with an even better sequel with a similar price point.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    1. It's non-Apple
    2. It's straight Android direct from Google.
    3. It's non-Apple
    4. It has a really nice design and feel and you get great hardware specs for the money, unlike Apple.
    5. It's non-Apple

:cyclops:
    Price to performance ratio, and because its nexus

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    The fact that I paid $0 for my Nexus 7 is the first and foremost reason why I have it :)
    This is my first tablet. I had a choice b/t the Nexus and the Kindle Fire HD. I didn't know much about Nexus, b/c this is my first Nexus product. But I learned from my research that I will get a pure Google experience with Nexus, so the choice for me was easy.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone