• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What made you visit XDA for the first time?

Search This thread

F27

Apr 2, 2011
I registered a while back but I think the first reason I came to XDA was way back looking for information on customising Sony Ericsson's T610 UI. I really do miss Sony Ericsson's brilliant Java based OS. That was their peak and the phones seemed so ahead of time with customisation and games, now as Sony Xperia's they have lost some of their spark.

VantenKiest

Feb 13, 2011
Butler
I first jumped here when I got the LG ally for verizon. I heard that I could swap my SD and Internal storage. I had a 32 gb sd card.. no more deleting apps i thought. WEll i was wrong then but found a lot of cool stuff that improved my device and a lot of information out there. I am happy that I have been here througout the years. since I have been on the Htc Droid Inc and Inc 2 then the Rezound Razr Razr maxx Droid 4 Galaxy s3 4 and now the Note 2. and every step of the way XDA has been a large part.

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
I first jumped here when I got the LG ally for verizon. I heard that I could swap my SD and Internal storage. I had a 32 gb sd card.. no more deleting apps i thought. WEll i was wrong then but found a lot of cool stuff that improved my device and a lot of information out there. I am happy that I have been here througout the years. since I have been on the Htc Droid Inc and Inc 2 then the Rezound Razr Razr maxx Droid 4 Galaxy s3 4 and now the Note 2. and every step of the way XDA has been a large part.

You just got the kit kat update for your Note2 my man :)

I d/l it and debating whether to make anything custom for my wife's phone...
She is the hardest judge of the Echoe Roms so i really dont wanna mess up anything... I prefer the unsatisfied users of XDA rather than the unsatisfied users of my household ;)

Last edited:

jimbo77

Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Long time ago, around 2010 haha. I bought my Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and googling around how to do stuff on android (That was my first Android phone and came with 1.6) found this site. Registered and then all the fun began.

Up to now I've had at least 11 android phones in my hands (between wife's and mines) and XDA has played a great role in each modding and development for each of those phones!

VantenKiest

Feb 13, 2011
Butler
You just got the kit kat update for your Note2 my man :)

I d/l it and debating whether to make anything custom for my wife's phone...
She is the hardest judge of the Echoe Roms so i really dont wanna mess up anything... I prefer the unsatisfied users of XDA rather than the unsatisfied users of my household ;)

Nah Im on Alliance Build 23 waiting on 26 to drop later tonight/tomorrow. I am so very excited.

Reactions: friedrich420

friedrich420

Dec 25, 2011
The Land of Whatever
Nah Im on Alliance Build 23 waiting on 26 to drop later tonight/tomorrow. I am so very excited.

Good choice ;)
My update is the following: I have it ready, deodexed, deknoxed, with modded systemui for OG Battery, call recording, modded settings, logsprovider, secmms, 4way reboot etc. and im waiting to get the green light to test it :) Ill have to do an exchange with my S4 for a couple of hours... The condition is the following: If she cannot have the OG Battery Mod then there's no reason to update her Note 2 to kit kat .... So out of everything i did the most important thing to test is the systemui.... aye ;)

VantenKiest

Feb 13, 2011
Butler
Good choice ;)
My update is the following: I have it ready, deodexed, deknoxed, with modded systemui for OG Battery, call recording, modded settings, logsprovider, secmms, 4way reboot etc. and im waiting to get the green light to test it :) Ill have to do an exchange with my S4 for a couple of hours... The condition is the following: If she cannot have the OG Battery Mod then there's no reason to update her Note 2 to kit kat .... So out of everything i did the most important thing to test is the systemui.... aye ;)

nice I just love having the 6x6 pattern.... and just drawing a single line through it .. .. yeah Im just that secure :silly:

Reactions: friedrich420

sam82x

Apr 14, 2014
I have joined this fantastic forum because there are all for modding the device. I love the technology and love all something that can do the upgrade for become more better

ex-28

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I first came across xda while searching how to mod my phone. came across all the forums and knew right away I found my home.

I rember way back on my old nokia phone I used buy the led keypads and the flashing antenna ect , once I found my love in android I came searching and found my home here, started with an infuse 4g I think it was.

Hansani

May 13, 2014
I found my way here from coming across XDA videos on youtube as I continued to look for more information on rootins, roms, app and device tips and reviews. So today I decided to sign up and join the forum.

T1MEHUNT

Aug 29, 2012
Signed up some time ago for a custom S1 Rom, but just in the last 2 weeks I've been really eager to post in Goldie's S5 Alliance Rom Thread to Thank him for this awesome Rom. Since I don't have 10 Posts yet, I went to the general Forums first but still kept getting the Error Message about not having the 10 Posts. I was getting the Page even when I tried editing any of my Personal setting but had been a bit to lazy to look any further so I've been trying a couple of Days now, always getting the same Page. So Today I finally figured I probably hadn't ever clicked on the activation link 2 years ago. Let myself be sent one again and voila here I am. :victory:

FoodAlmighty

May 14, 2014
I found XDA when I was rooting my LG Optimus 2X. Brand new, the first thing it does after successful root and installing cyanogen mod, bootloops, heh, got me good there, quite scary when you do it for the first time. :) Times passes quickly, that was four years ago..

iapps

May 8, 2014
I ended up in xda threads through google searches a few times before I started exploring the forum. Then I realized that it has an explicitly stated core value which is "sharing" which made me register and offer some little help with translating developer's apps into my language.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My journey to finding out about XDA and becoming a member here started in late 2011.

After previously only owning Sony Ericsson's and Symbian devices, I got myself the Xperia X8. At that point I had no idea what Android was or the potential of it. My good friend @bbeanss also had the X8 at that point but the setup on his was much different to mine and I didn't know why. I got home that day and had a browse through Google and came across different launchers to completely overhaul how the UI looks.
    After testing out different launchers, I noticed that it still wasn't quite the same so I asked him how he did it. That's when he told me about custom ROMs and told me to check out XDA. I did just that and I was hooked.

After a few months I got rid of the X8 and switched to the Xperia S. At that point I decided to become a member as I wanted to make the most of this site and learn as much as I could.
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24577832#post24577832']My first post[/URL] was rookie mistake #1 by asking without searching first. I was quickly pulled up on it by @Felimenta97 but at least he was nice about it, unlike a lot of replies I've seen across the forums since then.

Now, here I am just over 2 years after signing up and am glad to have been part of the RC program and now the moderation team. I certainly didn't expect to have been so active here, or even still visit XDA for that matter :)

Sent from my HTC One or Note 3 via XDA Premium
    Well , I had Galaxy ace duos and I had heard from my friends that rooting unlocks new capabilities and flashing custom roms increases the performance of an android phone and when I searched on google I used to get mostly XDA results . Then I tried rooting and flashing custom roms and found that XDA is a genuine site . Then , when searching the forums I saw that some comments had "Sent from my________" then I searched on google play store and downloaded the app and finally I registered on XDA and from then I'm here everyday looking for custom roms , kernels , guides etc. for my new device . the lack of development for my Ace duos forced me to buy new device . The credit goes to 'XDA DEVELOPERS' . Awesome site for increasing performance of android and phones unlocking new capabilities .

Sent from my GT-P5210
    Haha I was hoping to find a girlfriend here :cool:

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2
    It's been a funny story. I was an user of Sony Ericsson C702 and decided to buy a phone with so called Android. I had not too much money so I got Xperia X8 and my buddy @Anomalious told me about XDA Developers. So I actually registered a week or two before getting the phone and read all the rooting things etc. Boy, it was fun.

Actually my first post was about some problems with MiniCM ROM and I got flamed at the same day. But I decided to contribute and became a mod in time.

Fun, and sentimental thread :)
    My journey to finding out about XDA and becoming a member here started in late 2011.

After previously only owning Sony Ericsson's and Symbian devices, I got myself the Xperia X8. At that point I had no idea what Android was or the potential of it. My good friend @bbeanss also had the X8 at that point but the setup on his was much different to mine and I didn't know why. I got home that day and had a browse through Google and came across different launchers to completely overhaul how the UI looks.
    After testing out different launchers, I noticed that it still wasn't quite the same so I asked him how he did it. That's when he told me about custom ROMs and told me to check out XDA. I did just that and I was hooked.

After a few months I got rid of the X8 and switched to the Xperia S. At that point I decided to become a member as I wanted to make the most of this site and learn as much as I could.
    [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=24577832#post24577832']My first post[/URL] was rookie mistake #1 by asking without searching first. I was quickly pulled up on it by @Felimenta97 but at least he was nice about it, unlike a lot of replies I've seen across the forums since then.

Now, here I am just over 2 years after signing up and am glad to have been part of the RC program and now the moderation team. I certainly didn't expect to have been so active here, or even still visit XDA for that matter :)

Sent from my HTC One or Note 3 via XDA Premium

Thank you KidCarter for that very detailed and inspiring explanation. To be honest one of the main reasons I have a hard time posting in forums like XDA is that I don't want to experience what you did by getting pulled up on a quote for not searching first. I think I tend to go to the opposite extreme and search to the point I get paralyzed with not wanting to post the wrong thing. It's good to know that when you were called out they were nice about. It's also very nice that you are posting here and you've had so much success here. Thanks so much for sharing your story.