What method of uninstall magisk is safest?

Search This thread

VincentThomas

May 23, 2022
Hi! I want to uninstall magisk entirely, I have an oneplus 7t. Is it safer to uninstall from the "uninstall button" in the app, or flash the ROM from fastboot. Is there an even safer method? If i uninstall through the magisk, can i relock the bootloader then?

I did some research and then pressed restore images. Can i still lock the bootloader or do i need to reflash oneplus firmware?
Reflashing has nothing to do with it. You select complete uninstall. That removes all magisk stuff. Not just the restore images blah. It gives 2 options when you press uninstall. After that you reboot you will have no root and manager app will be gone. Then you can relock the bootloader. If there are parts of magisk remaining and you don't do a complete uninstall you risk a brick

VincentThomas

May 23, 2022
Reflashing has nothing to do with it. You select complete uninstall. That removes all magisk stuff. Not just the restore images blah. It gives 2 options when you press uninstall. After that you reboot you will have no root and manager app will be gone. Then you can relock the bootloader. If there are parts of magisk remaining and you don't do a complete uninstall you risk a brick
If i reroot with magisk, i can then do a complete uninstall. Will that remove everything? Can i relock the bootloader after that?