General What not to do with China ROM

Search This thread

saisannihith

Aug 3, 2016
I recently got the phone and i have the China version 12/256. Here are few things to take care:

1) Install Google Keyboard first before debloating system apps using adb.
2) Very Important: First update the phone to latest firmware (12.0.13) before you toggle the OEM Unlocking option in developer settings. If you dont update first and have the option toggled and try to install an OTA update the phone will just bootloop unless you clear the data and sign in with mi account again. This will reset the 168 hours time in the software. So always update the phone to latest update.
3) If you are using google pay, go to nfc settings and change the wallet from Mi Wallet to HCE Wallet.
4) The stock TPU cover is loose on the sides. I dont know if its just mine. But better buy another case from aliexpress.
5) DO NOT install global stock rom through fastboot or mi flash tool. It just wont work because of the different versions(regional) of phone. Only install xiaomi.eu ROM using the guide from a post on xda because the install script knows which version your phone is and installs the appropriate system files.

Last edited:

veimus

@ingbrzy can you confirm that? :
5) DO NOT install global stock rom through fastboot or mi flash tool. It just wont work because of the different versions(regional) of phone. Only install xiaomi.eu ROM using the guide from a post on xda because the install script knows which version your phone is and installs the appropriate system files.
xiaomi.eu is safe to install using fastboot method ?

Reactions: speedtripler

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
so I guess

1) unbox your phone
2)update to latest software via settings.
3)factory reset device after that.
3)request bootloader unlock.
4) after 7 days, unlock your bootloader and tooggle that OEM unlock
5)follow instructions on xiaomiEU rom.

is that safe enough? Lmao

PS:
6) Find EDL support near you🤣

Reactions: Jhonxs

saisannihith

Aug 3, 2016
so I guess

1) unbox your phone

PS:
1) Update to 12.0.13
2) Sign in to MI Account on device if haven't done yet.
3) Enable Developer settings, Developer Settings> Toggle OEM Unlocking
4) Turn off Wifi, Turn on Mobile Data, Settings> Additional Setting>Developer Settings> Mi Unlock Status> Click Add Account and Device.
5) Download Mi Unlock Tool, Login to same mi account > Turn off device, Hold Volume Down and Power Button ( you will see fastboot screen)> connect the device using USB, You will see the device, Click on Unlock button.
6) It will show wait for 168 hours to unlock.
7)Do not sign out/ change mi account on device or toggle the OEM Unlocking option. If you do you have to start from the beginning.

If you dont see your device in Mi Unlock tool install adb and fastboot drivers.

Reactions: Jhonxs and avetny

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
1) Update to 12.0.13
4) Turn off Wifi, Turn on Mobile Data, Settings> Additional Setting>Developer Settings> Mi Unlock Status> Click Add Account and Device.
5) Download Mi Unlock Tool, Login to same mi account > Turn off device, Hold Volume Down and Power Button ( you will see fastboot screen)> connect the device using USB, You will see the device, Click on Unlock button.
7)Do not sign out/ change mi account on device or toggle the OEM Unlocking option. If you do you have to start from the beginning.

7) Do not sign out/ change mi account on device or toggle the OEM Unlocking option. (You mean do not switch off anymore?)
Thank you🙏🏻

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
I have flashed mine , it looks fine

Need some more time to evaluate performance

First boot takes awhile , don't panic or remove the cable!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-21-23-24-30-498_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-21-23-24-30-498_com.android.settings.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 146

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
It seems to be working fine but I need to go outside and test the 5G and 4G signals are still as good as before

It's definitely feels much lighter and smoother

WhatsApp notifications are working properly

There's much less apps in the drawer, Chinese was very bloated , now there's not a Chinese app or character to be found!

Also banking apps are working fine!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-02-07-637_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-02-07-637_com.miui.home.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-02-27-617_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-02-27-617_com.miui.home.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-02-07-637_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-02-07-637_com.miui.home.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-02-23-958_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-22-07-02-23-958_com.miui.home.jpg
    678.7 KB · Views: 89

avetny

Jul 16, 2010
Private Island.
It seems to be working fine but I need to go outside and test the 5G and 4G signals are still as good as before

It's definitely feels much lighter and smoother

WhatsApp notifications are working properly

There's much less apps in the drawer, Chinese was very bloated , now there's not a Chinese app or character to be found!

Also banking apps are working fine!
Please post the instruction how u did it. With full info

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
Just downloaded and install it from a Windows laptop

You have to wait 168 hours to unlock it and then open the phone in Chinese language to get to the developer options again before you flash , you need to enable usb debugging again!!!

You will need wi-fi to get back in because there's a security check after unlock, it maybe in Chinese but you will figure it out

I had never used a Xiaomi phone before this one , there are literally no downsides anymore....

I'll update if I can find something that doesn't work

jmikepr

Aug 15, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Just downloaded and install it from a Windows laptop

You have to wait 168 hours to unlock it and then open the phone in Chinese language to get to the developer options again before you flash , you need to enable usb debugging again!!!

You will need wi-fi to get back in because there's a security check after unlock, it maybe in Chinese but you will figure it out

I had never used a Xiaomi phone before this one , there are literally no downsides anymore....

I'll update if I can find something that doesn't work
Can you explain the technical reason and the source of the information when you claim that you must update to 12.0.13 before toggling OEM unlock.

I started my unlock last week and I have 12 hours left. 12.0.13 was not out last week. So, obviously I toggled it before that.

Can you explain why 12.0.13 specifically is required before toggling OEM unlock?

saisannihith

Aug 3, 2016
Can you explain the technical reason and the source of the information when you claim that you must update to 12.0.13 before toggling OEM unlock.

I started my unlock last week and I have 12 hours left. 12.0.13 was not out last week. So, obviously I toggled it before that.

Can you explain why 12.0.13 specifically is required before toggling OEM unlock?
Because my phone went into bootloop. I updated to 12.0.10 and then toggled the OEM Unlocking. While i was waiting for 168 hours, i got 12.0.13 OTA update and i tried installing it. Phone restarted 3-4 times and took me to recovery. I then wiped data and it started again with a factory reset. So iam just warning people to get the latest update before doing this. Also, i do own a POCO F2 Pro and i am quite experienced with flashing ROMS. Developers always ask you to update to latest firmware before flashing as the new ROMs are based on latest firmware.

Xiaomi.eu is not a custom AOSP ROM but just a word of caution.

Reactions: avetny

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013

The toggle is nonsense

I toggled mine on and off a few times yesterday waiting for update 12.0.13 when I was on 12.0.10

It still unlocked like a charm today

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently got the phone and i have the China version 12/256. Here are few things to take care:

1) Install Google Keyboard first before debloating system apps using adb.
    2) Very Important: First update the phone to latest firmware (12.0.13) before you toggle the OEM Unlocking option in developer settings. If you dont update first and have the option toggled and try to install an OTA update the phone will just bootloop unless you clear the data and sign in with mi account again. This will reset the 168 hours time in the software. So always update the phone to latest update.
    3) If you are using google pay, go to nfc settings and change the wallet from Mi Wallet to HCE Wallet.
    4) The stock TPU cover is loose on the sides. I dont know if its just mine. But better buy another case from aliexpress.
    so I guess

1) unbox your phone

PS:
    1) Update to 12.0.13

It is safe to install. haven't installed it yet but read on forums that it is working.
    so I guess

1) unbox your phone

PS: