What OS for Mediapad T5?

Search This thread

JohnnnyBT

May 29, 2019
Hello guys,

I made a big mistake - I bought the Mediapad T5 in the 16GB 2 GB Ram version because I thought this is enough - however, it turns out that their EMUI occupies already 1.6 GB of RAM and therefore, even the keyboard crashes, lots of jerks when playing a video in HD, apps crash it is really a mess;

So the only idea I had (although I am not too familiar with custom ROMS) to replace EMUI by some system which does not occupy too much RAM; So I first was frustrated that the bootloader is naturally locked but I found a solution by downgrading the system and then unlock the bootlader with DC unlocker for around 4$;
Now I think I need to do the following steps:

1. Install TWRP
2. Flash a new OS
3. use TWRP to install a patch called the "low-ram property patcher", see here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...mod-low-ram-property-patcher-android-t3737373

Now in theory it seems easy; TWRP is naturally compatible to my device, right? So I can probably find many explanations how to get it; But then I need to find a new OS compatible for my device which is a problem; I want an OS compatible to my device with not too high RAM consumption; I thought of Lineage 15.1 but only the Mediapad M5, not the Mediapad T5 is supported; So anyone an idea what OS I can choose?

Many thanks

Skyfire1

Jan 2, 2015
Seems that you need to unlock bootloader with a bought code 25 to 40 $ and I havn´t found any customroms until now...

meekss

Jan 17, 2018
Seems that you need to unlock bootloader with a bought code 25 to 40 $ and I havn´t found any customroms until now...

Hi everyone.
I have a Huawei mediapad T5 AGS2-L09. It has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal memory.
I updated the software and a new option in the developers optons emerged:
"OEM Unlocking" - Allow the bootloader to be unlocked
When I turn it on a dialog box pops up with a warning:
"WARNING: Device protection features will not work on this device if this setting is enabled."
You have the option to CANCEL or ENABLE.
This is it, right?
Does anyone know how to root it from here and hopefully has a custom ROM?

The build number: AGS2-L09 8.0.0.222(OCEC432)
Android security patch: September 5, 2019

Skyfire1

Jan 2, 2015
This option may or may not help. On Xiaomi devices the bootloader can only be unlocked by Xiaomi. The option you see in do is not made by Lenovo I think, it is an Android option. Please check it and try to install TWRP. Afaik Huawei does not allow unlocking...
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO USE ONLY TWRP THAT IS PROOVEN TO WORK WITH YOUR DEVICE!!!!

Last edited:

meekss

Jan 17, 2018
This option may or may not help. On Xiaomi devices the bootloader can only be unlocked by Xiaomi. The option you see in do is not made by Lenovo I think, it is an Android option. Please check it and try to install TWRP. Afaik Huawei does not allow unlocking...
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO USE ONLY TWRP THAT IS PROOVEN TO WORK WITH YOUR DEVICE!!!!

Ok, I totally won't twrp it unless I'm sure.

Nixeus

Sep 14, 2007
Hello,

I just bought this tab ( 3gb version), but i don't understand why there is no custom rom on this Tab. No LineageOS for exemple ?

So sad :(

Why ??

droiduser

Jul 15, 2009
Hello,

I just bought this tab ( 3gb version), but i don't understand why there is no custom rom on this Tab. No LineageOS for exemple ?

So sad :(

Why ??
Because it's Huawei, they don't want your device unlocked and replaced with unsanctioned software so you can remove the Chinese government spyware ;)