• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

Search This thread

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Hi everyone,

This thread is a continuation of this thread.

This is here so you can discuss what your next phone/tablet should be, if you're not sure what to pick.

Also, if you need advice as to which device is better than another, then feel free to ask those questions in here aswell.

This is an attempt to clear out all the similar threads being created around these forums.

*NOTE* I will be requesting thread maintenance as and when it is needed, to remove any SPAM comments

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatal_Scythe

Jan 4, 2018
Saarland
Xiaomi Mi 10 Lite
You can consider much better phones than those bro. Such as the Mi A2, Nokia 6.1 Plus etc.
Thanks for the fast answer mate, the Mi A2 as well as the Nokia 6.1 sound interesting, although it's kinda hard to get your hands on an Mi A2, and the Nokia 6.1 is still a bit overpriced and starts at about 300€ here where I live. And also, I wanna test and play around a little with them in the Electronics store before buying one. :)

Nico2416

Sep 9, 2018
I see, my concern is that is from exactly 1 year ago and is still quite long (18:9)… does it have a similar successor?

About OnePlus, any model that could suit me better?
There's the Redmi Note 7 (currently available only in China, in Europe will ne released in a few months, I think) or the Redmi Note 6 Pro (that is actually identical to the Note 5 Pro except for the fact that is 6 months younger and it has the notch)

For the OnePlus the best are the 6 and the 6T, both are flagship smartphone so you go for the top.

For the lenght of the screen: nowadays it's almost impossible to find a phone with the 16:9 ratio, every smartphone I remember that was produced from the late 2017 up to now has a 18:9 or 19:9 (with the notch)

EDIT: you can also give a look at the Mi Mix series by Xiaomi, in particular the 2S (cheaper) and the 3, but wothout knowing the budget it's hard to tell what is the best choice

Last edited:
Reactions: phaleg

monkish34

Dec 2, 2012
I was recommended to come here for my question. This is my original thread.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=21304361

Basically I'm moving back to metro and going to get one of their freebie phones. I have a link to their current freebies in that thread. So I'm just looking for something decent AND can be rooted. My last two phones couldn't be (lg's).

So any advice? I think every Samsung I've had was rootable, so i was looking at the j7. But I'm not sure how good the phone is.

Anyways any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

phaleg

Jul 20, 2012
Velletri, RM
bit.ly
There's the Redmi Note 7 (currently available only in China, in Europe will ne released in a few months, I think) or the Redmi Note 6 Pro (that is actually identical to the Note 5 Pro except for the fact that is 6 months younger and it has the notch)

For the OnePlus the best are the 6 and the 6T, both are flagship smartphone so you go for the top.

For the lenght of the screen: nowadays it's almost impossible to find a phone with the 16:9 ratio, every smartphone I remember that was produced from the late 2017 up to now has a 18:9 or 19:9 (with the notch)

EDIT: you can also give a look at the Mi Mix series by Xiaomi, in particular the 2S (cheaper) and the 3, but wothout knowing the budget it's hard to tell what is the best choice

I can spend up to 300 € for a medium target (where I find some of my wanted features) and up to 700 for one that has all of my features.

About these devices you suggested me, which one have a decent ROM support?
I don't like to use devices with UI like this Honor 10 I have, I like to have stock android one, or being able to load AOSP or Lineage

cavalloz

Jan 31, 2008
Hello there,
I would like to buy a new phone after 2 years with moto g5 plus which I liked. Gestures, android stock and battery were pretty good for my use.

Features I need:
Very good rear camera
Very good battery
Price range in Europe: 200/300 €
Fast android updates (not necessary but appreciated)

I think that moto g7 plus, pocophone f1 and the new xiaomi mi9 se are good choices, which one do you think is the best? Do you know other phones that I should consider?
Thanks!

Nico2416

Sep 9, 2018
I can spend up to 300 € for a medium target (where I find some of my wanted features) and up to 700 for one that has all of my features.

About these devices you suggested me, which one have a decent ROM support?
I don't like to use devices with UI like this Honor 10 I have, I like to have stock android one, or being able to load AOSP or Lineage
I suggested you those device because, in terms of ROM developments, they're the best choice. You can check their forums here on XDA and see if the phone you'll buy have the ROM you want, if you don't want to risk, though.

Anyway, if you wanna be sure about custom ROMs in general, you should go for a OnePlus or a Xiaomi that, also, are the best smartphones in terms of price/quality ratio.

Note: I don't own, obviously, all those devices, but I'm pretty sure of what I'm saying. I recommend you, in any case, to watch some reviews on YouTube of the products you are interested about, it's always useful watching the device being used, it gives you a way better overall idea

Dat.Silhouette

Feb 24, 2019
Cholet
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi XDA!

So, I'm looking for going back to Android on my Smartphone, and I was waiting for the S10 announcement. There is also plenty of other good phones, but I really don't know which one I should buy.

Here is a list of phones I could buy, all with their pros and cons for me:

-Galaxy S10:
Pros:
-Awesome Camera quality
-Battery life looks OK
-I like the size of it, not too big and not too small
-Looks like it's well made
-Galaxy Buds offered for preordering ,which is interesting for me because I'm going back to fitness and I would like a pair of wireless bluetooth earbuds

Cons:
-Pricey. I can have it with galaxy buds for 809 euro, but it's much more expensive than the other phone I could get, and I know all Samsung Galaxy phones goes down really fast in price just some months after it's been out.
-I don't like the back with the 3 cameras.
-Samsung overlay over stock android is not really that great, at least not as good as a stock Android.
-Samsung is known for taking its time for updating their phone to the latest Android version.

For me, this is still my main choice. I owned a S6 years ago, and I knew there was a lot of ROM once the phone is rooted. So I hope the S10 will have a lot of custom ROM.

-Google Pixel 3:
Pros:
-One of the best camera quality, without having to add a ridiculous number of camera
-Size of it is perfect for me, I tried it in a shop and the size is just perfect.
-Google phone, so one of the best Android experience.

Cons:
-Battery life looks "meh". Less than 3000mah seems very low.
-Only 4 gig of RAM
-I don't like the fingerprint reader on the back of the phone
-Even if it's well made, it doesn't have that "premium look", and seems a liittle bit pricey for what I get.
-It seems like this phone outperformed a lot of others only with "software tricks and optimisation", which has it limits over time.

It could have been the perfect phone for me, if only it would have more RAM and a bigger battery, which worry me too much. And I don't know if the Pixel 3 is really futureproof.

-Oneplus 6T:
Pros:
-Price for the power
-6 or 8Gig of RAM
-Fingerprint reader under the screen
-Close to stock android, OxygenOS is a really nice overlay
-Updated by Oneplus really often
-Battery life is great

Cons:
-Cameras looks OK, but not "awesome"
-Mono sound, really?
-No wireless charging

I know Oneplus phones are really great. But the sound quality and the lack of wireless charging is almost a killer for me. I'm ready to put a little more money into a smartphone for more options.

-Huawei mate 20 pro:
Pros:
-Seems almost identical to the S10, but cheaper.
-Fingerprint AND face ID to unlock the phone
-Even if there is a lot of camera, it isn't as ugly as the S10 on the back
-BEST battery life for a phone

Cons:
-Software optimisation from Huawei is not really good
-Doesn't seems to have a lot of alternative to the stock ROM from Huawei

It's a very very nice phone. But the fact that I'm tied to Huawei stock ROM and doesn't have the alternative to flash something else worries me, because I don't know how the mate 20 pro will evolved over time, and if Huawei will improved the software optimisation of this phone.

TL:DR : I'm looking for a phone with really good camera, a nice battery life, futureproof specs and a nice price. The OP6T, Pixel 3, S10 and Mate 20 pro all have some point I'm looking for, but non of them as all of it. So if any custom ROM or flashable zip have any way to correct some issue I've got with some phone...

Thanks!

Reactions: pawwaap

Nico2416

Sep 9, 2018
Hi XDA!

So, I'm looking for going back to Android on my Smartphone, and I was waiting for the S10 announcement. There is also plenty of other good phones, but I really don't know which one I should buy.

-Galaxy S10:
Pros:
-Awesome Camera quality
-Battery life looks OK
-Galaxy Buds offered for preordering ,which is interesting for me because I'm going back to fitness and I would like a pair of wireless bluetooth earbuds

Cons:
-Pricey. I can have it with galaxy buds for 809 euro, but it's much more expensive than the other phone I could get, and I know all Samsung Galaxy phones goes down really fast in price just some months after it's been out.
-Samsung overlay over stock android is not really that great, at least not as good as a stock Android.
-Samsung is known for taking its time for updating their phone to the latest Android version.

For me, this is still my main choice. I owned a S6 years ago, and I knew there was a lot of ROM once the phone is rooted. So I hope the S10 will have a lot of custom ROM.

-Google Pixel 3:
Pros:
-One of the best camera quality, without having to add a ridiculous number of camera
-Size of it is perfect for me, I tried it in a shop and the size is just perfect.

Cons:
-Only 4 gig of RAM
-Even if it's well made, it doesn't have that "premium look", and seems a liittle bit pricey for what I get.
-It seems like this phone outperformed a lot of others only with "software tricks and optimisation", which has it limits over time.

It could have been the perfect phone for me, if only it would have more RAM and a bigger battery, which worry me too much. And I don't know if the Pixel 3 is really futureproof.

-Oneplus 6T:
Pros:
-Price for the power
-6 or 8Gig of RAM
-Battery life is great

Cons:
-Mono sound, really?
-No wireless charging

I know Oneplus phones are really great. But the sound quality and the lack of wireless charging is almost a killer for me. I'm ready to put a little more money into a smartphone for more options.

-Huawei mate 20 pro:
Pros:

Cons:

It's a very very nice phone. But the fact that I'm tied to Huawei stock ROM and doesn't have the alternative to flash something else worries me, because I don't know how the mate 20 pro will evolved over time, and if Huawei will improved the software optimisation of this phone.

TL:DR : I'm looking for a phone with really good camera, a nice battery life, futureproof specs and a nice price. The OP6T, Pixel 3, S10 and Mate 20 pro all have some point I'm looking for, but non of them as all of it. So if any custom ROM or flashable zip have any way to correct some issue I've got with some phone...

Thanks!
IMHO:
1) OP 6T
2) PIXEL 3 or S10
3) Mate 20 PRO

With the OP 6T really above the others: it's same (if not better) as the others in technically everything at a half of the prices. If you like custom ROMs is the perfect phone and, with the Google Camera, you can improve the Camera quality. There are also a lot of custom ROM that will make him really durable.
Pixel 3 is good, but it's a kind of Android iPhone, good experience but really priced up.
I can't talk, obv, about the S10, but I don't like so much Samsungs (in terms of software, in particular).
For the Mate 20 Pro I'd avoid every Huawei device for the rest of my life. Their developement policy is ridiculous (you can't unlock the bootloader anymore) while their software is the worst thing I've seen for ages in terms of optimizations, graphics and so on..

Amirk365

Jul 20, 2016
Fort Wellington
Hi XDA!

-Galaxy S10:
Pros:
-Awesome Camera quality
-Battery life looks OK

Cons:

-Google Pixel 3:
Pros:

Cons:
-Only 4 gig of RAM

-Oneplus 6T:
Pros:
-Price for the power
-6 or 8Gig of RAM
-Battery life is great

Cons:
-Mono sound, really?
-No wireless charging

-Huawei mate 20 pro:
Pros:

Cons:

Thanks!
S10e can also be considered. It has a cheaper price. Only draw back IMO is the side fingerprint scanner,having never used one.

CamoGeko

Forum Moderator
Staff member
S10e can also be considered. It has a cheaper price. Only draw back IMO is the side fingerprint scanner,having never used one.

I think that's gonna be a great phone! The only drawback from my perspective is the lower resolution screen compared to the S10 and S10+, only has 1080p and not 1440p.

Sent from my mata using Thebear Blue XDA Labs

Last edited:

zetsui

Jul 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
im trying to upgrade from my ****ing gs5 and its so frustrating. a week straight of research
1) removable batteries seem almost wholely ****ing out. unreal. so if i buy used or battery out of cycles i have to pay $50+ to have it replaced? hidden cost few consider
2) locked bootloader galore. I NEED root.
3) newer manufacturers like huawei LG xiaomi and oneplus- value proposittion, post market support in the US, etc unclear. Even huawei's model differentation is unclear.
4) nfc is nice for subway etc here in NJ NY but very limiting if I do want this feature
5) battery life aint much better than gs5 on newer devices according to GSM arena or anandtech testing
6) screens are huge, not running or physical activity centric even going from my gs3 to my gs5 was a step up. the fact they have only gotten larger is crazy. thicness makes this a confounding factor for running tho

my valued features are 1)battery life 2) ease of root (good number of roms etc) 3) camera 4) external sd card (i cannot imagine not having this, ever not have access to internal memory on a bad flash? horrific experience) 5) display in that order

I just upgraded my s5 to 9.0 what a major update. greate battery life. I'm mainly looking to upgrade as my s5 1) charging port is bent out of shape now 2) 16gb internal requires meticulous

Which phone shoudl I get I think from gsmarean filtering and phone seaarch gs8+ and xaomi max 2 ? oneplus also seems good except it has no sdcard

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Evening all,

So, as expected, this is a thread to ask the community what phone I should buy for my next upgrade! (SHOCK!)

I've see a lot of these threads where people ask really open-ended questions with very little detail about their personal circumstances, making it impossible for anyone to make a meaningful suggestion. As a result, I'm going to go the other direction and drop in as much detail as I can about myself and what I'm looking for, so people have something to work with.

Here goes....

I'm currently rocking an HTC One (M7) from, what, late 2013ish? I know, super old, hence needing to upgrade.

About Me:
- I live in the UK
- I'm a web UX designer and graphic artist
- I'm a geek
- I'm into staying healthy (mostly running, some gym and a healthy diet)
- I'm not afraid to root a phone and install a custom rom down the line if the phone needs it
- I spend a lot of time reading stuff on the internet

My phone needs/behaviours (or lack of):
- Sim-free, unlocked, off contract
- As fast and reliable a chipset as possible
- 6+ Gb of RAM
- A good camera is essential. I have a two-year-old and my phone is usually the first camera I have to hand to capture all the crazy stuff he does!
- A battery that can get me 2 days of light-medium use is fine
- I don't upgrade frequently so need something that will last for at least 2-3 years before becoming too slow to use
- I don't care about a front-facing camera. I take maybe 2 selfies a year and I can't remember the last time a made a video call via a phone
- No notch is preferable but I'm not as worked up over it as some people seem to be, so it's not a deal-breaker
- I already use BT headphones so lack of 3.5mm jack doesn't really bother me. It's a nice-to-have, but again, not a deal-breaker
- I've never dropped a phone in the bath and I have no intention of taking one swimming, so an official IP rating is not needed
- Whatever phone I get will almost certainly get covered in a protective case so pretty looks aren't really an issue
- I'd like a big screen, 6 inches or more, with a ppi above 400
- I don't do any gaming on my phone
- I don't use Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
- I value well-optimised, well-designed software
- I'm not bothered about the weight of the phone. The 30g-ish difference between a light phone and a heavy phone is imperceptible to most people in real-world use. Most of the time my phone is carried in a Molle pouch on my daysack and not in a pocket.

My top 10 most used apps are:
1. Chrome
2. Spotify
3. Google Photos
4. WhatsApp
5. Gmail
6. Tapatalk
7. Amazon
8. Endomondo
9. MyFitnessPal
10. Google Maps

Budget:
I've got £500-550 to spend at most

Phones I've considered:
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro (Almost bought this before I realised that Huawei now lock their bootloaders)
- Oneplus 6T
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

Think that's about it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ollie

What you end up getting?

Last edited:
I've been hunting for my next phone, but im being so picky that it's hard to find semi recent phones. My Wish list is as follows:

Removable battery. This removes 90% of phones right off the bat, but there are a few out there. (It's also worth noting if one can actually obtain trustworthy batteries for a phone - seems like a lot of scammers and defective stuff from China.)
Either has an unlockable bootloader or otherwise allows the install of TWRP. (And root, but thats kinda a given.) This also removes a fair number of phones.
Preferably semi-decent hardware as far as CPU, RAM and such goes
I plan to use this phone on a Verizon MVNO so it needs to work on that network, but due to #2 will probably not be verizon branded since they tend to lock their phones.
I'd heavily prefer a phone with an expandable sd card slot, but its not a gamebreaker as long as the phone has sizable internal storage natively. I need a fair amount of space for my stuff.

I don't care much about cameras or headphone audio (if I play anything its likely over bluetooth)
I use the phone heavily for browsing, GPS, and general utility (alarm app, ect.)
IPS ratings are a plus but not that important if missing. Durability is slightly more important. Battery life is important, but removable batteries make that slightly more bearable since a spare is an option.
I don't care diddly squat about aesthetics as long as it works well, especially since I tend to stuff them in (thin) cases almost immediately after I get them.

I typically buy phones used but if they sell new on amazon or the like for reasonable prices that's ok too. Used matters a bit less when the battery is replaceable though.
I tend to buy (used) phones in the 250ish range, not top the the line but certainly have some oomph behind them.

My current contenders are as follows; none quite hit all the right notes

LG v20
+Lots of Development
+Good screen resolution
~ok internal hardware specs
~Really good audio hardware I will never use
~Good camera I will rarely use
-Unlocks via LG Developers program..... which is not terribly user friendly. Or at least it was not when I tried to unlock a LG G5. Maybe I'm wrong about this one, and it unlocks without.... but I don't think so?
Phone is a bit dated but holding up well, I think

Samsung Galaxy j7 Duo J720M (There are like half a dozen J7's with very different hardware, so specificity is important)
+Good hardware specs
+Easily unlocked bootloader
~OK resolution
-No TWRP as far as I can tell released for that specific version. I doubt I know enough to even think about building my own.

Not sure if the older j7's might be worth a look.... there are so many of them and its hard to tell them apart sometimes.
If anyone has any other suggestions or comments on these two phones let me know.

monkish34

Dec 2, 2012
I'm wanting to get one of the free phones from metro when you sign up. But I want a decent phone, and one that can be rooted.

Any advice?

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

goa Boa

Jan 19, 2017
Sony XZ3 or Oneplus 6T? :eek:
Overall i think sony is superrior...but 4 GB RAM? Hmmm is it future proof? My smartphone should last for 3 - 4 years. :confused:

Most of the time browsing and youtube... no gaming or photos.

Thanks.

Reactions: Dr_N

TheInfiniteAndroid

Aug 4, 2016
Personally wouldn't recommend anyone to buy a 5G phone in 2019

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Sony XZ3 or Oneplus 6T? :eek:
Overall i think sony is superrior...but 4 GB RAM? Hmmm is it future proof? My smartphone should last for 3 - 4 years. :confused:

Most of the time browsing and youtube... no gaming or photos.

Thanks.
OnePlus 6T, better development, OxygenOS is great, Sony's camera's are underwhelming imo, plus if you unlock the Sony's bootloader pretty sure you lose DRM keys involving camera algorithms & screen algorithms such as Bravia etc.

Reactions: Dr_N

phazer11

Aug 22, 2012
So. At an impasse. NEED NEED NEED a new phone been without one for over a month, since my LG G3s SIM card slot broke itself.

I haven't really been satisfied with the ultrawide thing on phones despite liking it for monitors just feels too narrow in hands I have big fingers. Anyways I've been able to get my mits on some phines to get a feel.

The S9+ as well as the Pixel 2 and to a lesser extent the Pixel 3 XL were the lesser of the evils I tried. I'm going to see if amy of the stores in town have an S10 and if I can feel it. Kind of excited about it since it has one of the features I was holding out on upgrading from my G3 for till it broke. 802.11ax WiFi. The screen also seems about as wide as my current one so that's a plus.

Haven't been ablw to feel one of my other considerations the OnePlus 6T. So verdict out on that and I have very conflicted feeling about the LG V40. I would like a good camera and the option to put a custom firmware but am willing to compromise. Pixels OS is clean enough I suppose.

Also if it helps I literally couldn't care less about water resistance its going to be in a case. If it were up to me a removable battery and headphone jack would take priority but such ia the way of things.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Planning to buy Poco GT X3 but not sure that will I get any custom roms for it because of its processor ie Dimensity 1200 which is made by Mediatek. Should I buy it or not custom roms are must for me. Any help will be appreciated....
    This is not an issue of concern any more because Mediatek has offered open resource structure for all the 5G chipsets now. So you can go for it.
    I'm looking for a recommendation for an Android tablet. I don't have a strict budget; $3-400 would be fine, I could probably swing $5-600 if there was a good argument for it.

Things I *really* want include
    * easy to root
    * at least one "big" core (e.g. a Cortex A72, *not* something with only cortex A53's or A55's)
    * at least 4GB ram, preferably more
    * microSD slot

Nice to have's:
    * fully unlock-able bootloader
    * video out over USB-C
    * decent gaming and emulation performance

I don't really care that much about the screen size, 8-10" would be great, bigger would probably be fine too.
    Well, tablets with Android aren't that good compared to smartphones. usually tablets do come with weaker specs because buyers aren't that interested in. I would suggest the xiaomi mi pad 5, launches at the end of July. most likely will be over 600, but xiaomi does deliver and the tablet most likely would be compared to the iPad in terms of performance.
    Another vote for the oneplus 8t, especially since it doesn't cost as much due to the oneplus 9 being out.
    Planning to buy Poco GT X3 but not sure that will I get any custom roms for it because of its processor ie Dimensity 1200 which is made by Mediatek. Should I buy it or not custom roms are must for me. Any help will be appreciated....
    This is not an issue of concern any more because Mediatek has offered open resource structure for all the 5G chipsets now. So you can go for it.
    Hi everyone,

This thread is a continuation of this thread.

This is here so you can discuss what your next phone/tablet should be, if you're not sure what to pick.

Also, if you need advice as to which device is better than another, then feel free to ask those questions in here aswell.

This is an attempt to clear out all the similar threads being created around these forums.

*NOTE* I will be requesting thread maintenance as and when it is needed, to remove any SPAM comments
    Excellent, I hope this will attract some discussion on new devices so new threads won't be opened.

I am not looking for a new phone right now, well maybe not depending on the outcome of HTC repairing my Sensation I guess. I sure hope to find out tomorrow. I think if I was going to get a replacement now I would probably get the SGS3 over the OneX. I really don't like the non-removable battery and maybe worse, no SD slot. I know why they did it for economic reasons but I am just not going to go that direction. Batteries do not last forever and their maximum charge level goes down over time. I want to be able to plug the SD into my computer and do a local backup. I also want to be able to get a bigger or faster SD if one comes out.
    I am used to Sense but I am sure I could get used to Touchwiz as well, and I just read in the portal that ROM Cleaner works with the SGS3 now, as long as I can rid of the bloat I am content. I am sure that when my contract is done in a year there will be something newer and better out anyways. ;)
    I hope it does aswell. These forums definitely have too many of those threads being created :rolleyes:

I think I'd choose the S3 aswell to be honest. Even though the One X is a powerful phone, the S3 can quite easily out perform it, as it can with most phones.

The only time I'd be looking to upgrade is when mine become redundant, which with having an S2 (which can still keep up with the newest flagship devices) and Xperia S, I won't need to upgrade for a while I don't think.

Sent from Stephen Hawking's rooted wheelchair
    I would take the Lumina. My girlfriend has one and its pretty good.

√ HTC Evo 3D GSM
    √ Android JB 4.1.2
    √ Disarmed Toaster
    √ 4EXT Recovery Touch
    √ Anthrax Kernel 3.7.0 @ 1.6ghz
    Never owned a tablet before.. flirting with the idea of a galaxy tab 2 10.1. As of current, I'm all good with my s3 but I'm kinda interested in what this next galaxy note 2 will bring. Guess I'm some sort of galaxy fan.. ever since my vibrant :p

---> Brought to you in part by my T999 / T-Mobile Galaxy SIII :)