• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What Pixel 6 pro case are you using?

Search This thread

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My daily case

Pre-ordered. Thinking this'll have a brown leather color with the Kevlar pattern. Don't know when it'll be shipped.

Google Golden Glow case that has an ETA of December 6-7

For when I want to show my Sorta Sunny color

ricanxd

Nov 7, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My daily case

Pre-ordered. Thinking this'll have a brown leather color with the Kevlar pattern. Don't know when it'll be shipped.

Google Golden Glow case that has an ETA of December 6-7

For when I want to show my Sorta Sunny color
I love the later case but I cracked my pixel 4xl screen because of the case. How's the edge protection?

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Is the lip of the spigen tough armor equal on all 4 sides? or does it dip like most others? I guess because of the curved sides it has to dip? Hybrids and Caseology both are not raised up at the sides.
It's raised on the top and bottom but not on the sides. But still plenty of clearance when you put your phone face down on a flat surface with a glass screen protector on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alekos

Roll3r

Mar 7, 2006
Oakland, CA
The official overpriced piece of junk from Google. Thought it'd be similar in quality to the fabric case I had on my 4XL. Nope - it's no better than a $10 case from Amazon. Too lazy to return it.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I love the later case but I cracked my pixel 4xl screen because of the case. How's the edge protection?
You cracked it because of a fall in the case? I actually did that with my 4 XL in a Latercase but that's my fault cause it was on my lap. Edge protection is the same. It's only as thick/thin as the case is and the top, bottom, and buttons are open. It's more of an increase grip, scratch, and drop to a rug/carpeted area protection type of case for me.

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Goodbye case, hello Dbrand.

Attachments

• IMG_20211122_131314_kindlephoto-29685291.jpg
    IMG_20211122_131314_kindlephoto-29685291.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 165

direwolf1

I ordered both the Spigen Tough Armor and the CYRILL Stone. The Tough undoubtedly offers better protection (it's better padded and provides better protection around the edges of the screen), but, understandably, it's a lot bulkier. It makes an already big phone feel enormous. The Cyrill is much sleeker, so that's what I'm using daily. The phone just feels a lot better in the hand with the Cyrill than with the Tough Armor. Additionally, the edges of the Cyrill don't rise as high along the sides of the screen. This is bad because it doesn't offer as much protection for the screen, but it's good because it provides a much nicer experience when swiping/scrolling on the edges. The buttons on the Cyrill are also better. All of the buttons on the Tough Armor are raised to the same level in an almost unbroken line, making hard to find them by touch.

I may swap the out for the when I'm doing something that risks the phone more than usual, but I think the Cyrill is probably fine for daily use.

In case folks haven't seen it, Android Police has a nice rundown of some their favorite cases for the P6Pro:
https://www.androidpolice.com/best-google-pixel-6-pro-cases/

Phil750123

Apr 6, 2010
Birmingham, UK
I happened to have a bellroy voucher so ended up with their official leather case . Really happy actually, feels good, gives good grip, offers more protection than I thought with a good lip around the screen. Lovely soft inside , side buttons are really good .

Reactions: ricanxd and duman95

Top Liked Posts