• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What Pixel 6 pro case are you using?

Search This thread

old_fart

Dec 8, 2011
it never rains here
I want darker and thinner ! So I ordered a "Slim and Lightweight Carbon Fiber case" yesterday on jeff's store. They claim I should be receiving it on the 28th.

"This case is made of real aramid fiber, it has excellent performance in terms of heat resistance, friction resistance, corrosion resistance, and it is not easily deformable. Lightweight: only 14 grams"

Norma Stitz

Jan 2, 2011
Redmond
LG V10
LG V20

I bought this before the phone was released, for under $10. It was supposed to be a hold-over until I could decide which quality case I wanted, but damn it just kind of checks all the boxes for me.
Yeah it's butt ugly, but for a cheap case, they got a lot of the details right. It fits spot on. The buttons are still easy to use. It has a nice texture feature on the sides, making the phone much easier to handle. I can 'one-hand' the phone much more confidently with this case than without.

It doesn't interfere with swipe gestures from the curved screen edge. The corner "blocks" are substantial and look like they'll provide plenty of drop protection. The corner blocks also reduce the pressure point slightly, where the bottom corner of the phone sits on the meaty thumb part on your lower palm.

The only downside I've found is that the LED flashlight will refract back through the case, and illuminate it. Not really a big deal IMO.

It comes with screen protectors, but I didn't bother with them.

1637700914529.png

My daily case

Pre-ordered. Thinking this'll have a brown leather color with the Kevlar pattern. Don't know when it'll be shipped.

Google Golden Glow case that has an ETA of December 6-7

For when I want to show my Sorta Sunny color
Thanks for showing this, I'm always looking for carbon fiber cases. I use to do reviews for Pitaka Carbon Cases.

ridobe

My daily case

Pre-ordered. Thinking this'll have a brown leather color with the Kevlar pattern. Don't know when it'll be shipped.

Google Golden Glow case that has an ETA of December 6-7

For when I want to show my Sorta Sunny color
My Latercase just shipped today.

Reactions: ricanxd
I ordered both the Spigen Tough Armor and the CYRILL Stone. The Tough undoubtedly offers better protection (it's better padded and provides better protection around the edges of the screen), but, understandably, it's a lot bulkier. It makes an already big phone feel enormous. The Cyrill is much sleeker, so that's what I'm using daily. The phone just feels a lot better in the hand with the Cyrill than with the Tough Armor. Additionally, the edges of the Cyrill don't rise as high along the sides of the screen. This is bad because it doesn't offer as much protection for the screen, but it's good because it provides a much nicer experience when swiping/scrolling on the edges. The buttons on the Cyrill are also better. All of the buttons on the Tough Armor are raised to the same level in an almost unbroken line, making hard to find them by touch.

I may swap the out for the when I'm doing something that risks the phone more than usual, but I think the Cyrill is probably fine for daily use.

In case folks haven't seen it, Android Police has a nice rundown of some their favorite cases for the P6Pro:
https://www.androidpolice.com/best-google-pixel-6-pro-cases/
I went with the Spigen Tough Armor also. I like the protection and the fact that it really protects the camera by making the back even from top to bottom but I do agree about the buttons on it. I wish they would have made them more like some of the other cases. The good thing about this case is that isn't as hard to get off as the Spigen Slim Armor Pro I have on my Z Fold3.

Reactions: Lughnasadh
I did the same, but black.
Same here. I only liked the black. The only thing I don't like about it is how the buttons on the case. I am always hitting the the wrong one to adjust the volume. Other than that, I have no other complaints and it is much easier to get off the the Spigen Slim Armor Pro I have on my Z Fold3.

Reactions: Lughnasadh

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Same here. I only liked the black. The only thing I don't like about it is how the buttons on the case. I am always hitting the the wrong one to adjust the volume. Other than that, I have no other complaints and it is much easier to get off the the Spigen Slim Armor Pro I have on my Z Fold3.
Yeah, the buttons have always bothered me on the Spigen Tough Armors. They are that way as well for the Pixel 2Xl and 4XL. But I like everything else about them, especially the protection, so I keep going with them. They even added some extra foam protection this year, so that's another plus.

Reactions: truckerdewd

Papote3

Dec 10, 2010
If you guys like the latercase, theres the exact same case on Aliexpress for half the cost. Only downside is probably the slow shipping

Reactions: henderjr

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Yeah, the buttons have always bothered me on the Spigen Tough Armors. They are that way as well for the Pixel 2Xl and 4XL. But I like everything else about them, especially the protection, so I keep going with them. They even added some extra foam protection this year, so that's another plus.
I don't like the Spigen Tough Armor in general. It's looks hideously. It's chunky, bricksized and this unicolor dull optics are, well, lame. Plus the haptics are meh.

Was rocking Spigen Neo Hybrid with my P2 XL & P4 XL and that case looked glorious, it's a shame that Spigen stopped making Neo Hybrid cases.

The case that comes relatively close to Neo Hybrid in look and feel would probably be the Caseology Parallax, that one looks good and feels good. Plus the Parallax has dedicated side stripes for extra grip (I'll post a picture so you can see for yourself; it's also available in other colors)

1256.jpg

Last edited:

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
I don't like the Spigen Tough Armor in general. It's looks hideously. It's chunky, bricksized and this unicolor dull optics are, well, lame. Plus the haptics are meh.

Was rocking Spigen Neo Hybrid with my P2 XL & P4 XL and that case looked glorious, it's a shame that Spigen stopped making Neo Hybrid cases.

The case that comes relatively close to Neo Hybrid in look and feel would probably be the Caseology Parallax, that one looks good and feels good. Plus the Parallax has dedicated side stripes for extra grip (I'll post a picture so you can see for yourself; it's also available in other colors)

View attachment 5466547
Yeah, I've seen the Parallax (and Vault). I prefer the Tough Armor because of it's added protection and I actually think it looks good. Don't mind the extra bulk (I keep my phone in a holster when out and about). The Neo Hybrid was good as well. But to each his own. Whatever case makes you happy is the winner.

Top Liked Posts