What protective cases are you using for the S7 Edge?

Search This thread

SinisterDev

Mar 15, 2012
So my wife and I just upgraded to the new S7's. I decided to get the Edge, my wife got the normal S7. It was very easy to find a nice protective case for her phone,(which she absolutely loves) but as much as I really like the bigger screen and this neat edge design, I am weary of dropping it and breaking the screen.
Ive been scouring the internet trying to find the best protective case I can find that isn't ridiculously bulky. Naturally there are many opinions of which are the best.

At the moment, Im trying the Spigen Neo-Hybrid crystal premium bumper case. It fits really nice. Looks pretty good. It has a 1.3mm bezel around the corners,(1.8mm around the camera)which is decent, but I wouldn't mind something with a bit more protection. This case does seem to cover a bit more of the edge panels than some other pics of protectors Ive seen. I used a UAG case on my S5 for nearly 2 years now and I can't even tell you how many times I dropped it and there isn't a scratch on the thing! But Im kinda tired of that same ol' style they keep sticking with, and I dont know how good their Edge case actually is. Style is a bit important to me, but quality of protection definitely takes priority. I dont own a wireless charger yet, so getting a case that supports it isnt high on my priority list.

So , what are you all using to protect your S7 edges? Ive been looking into many brands and I keep finding ones that I havent even heard of before! Ill list some of the ones Ive seen recommended in a following post.

simplesid242002

Jun 20, 2010
Pittsburgh
I use the tough armor as well. Dropped phone many times lol. Love it.

Edit...
Also just ordered a hybrid. Kind of a otterbox looking case, off of eBay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SinisterDev

Mar 15, 2012
Cool. My tough armor should be arriving today. Looking forward to checking it out. I want to make sure my Edge stays as protected as possible without walking around with a something the size of a retro Sony Walkman cassette player in my pocket lol.

I also got this screen protector called IllumiAquashield. I heard good things about it. Its a little tricky to apply, but I've seen in videos that it looks incredible when applied properly. Im really picky about screen protectors, but I know the Edge is a bit more fragile than the regular S7, and I can't afford to take any chances.

simplesid242002

Jun 20, 2010
Pittsburgh
Just an update, got my other case yesterday, seems good, however it's massive. I'm going back to my tough armor. I'm also looking for a good screen protector.

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
I use the Samsung branded clear case. It's very minimal and doesn't interfere with the edge of the screens. This, and the iPhone 6S Plus I had before this, are the only phones I've ever used cases on. I never really liked the feel of the phone with cases and it takes away from the phone and the way it's meant to be. However, these last two clear cases have been nice.

Sent from my VK815 using XDA-Developers mobile app

msd24200

Jun 14, 2008
KY
I'm using the otterbox defender on my s7 edge. I also own the supcase unicorn beetle pro. Been rocking the otterbox defender for the built in screen protector and it's a bulkier case so I feel it will provide the most protection of the 2 cases.

OtterBox DEFENDER SERIES Case for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Retail Packaging - BLACK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Z7TLAAI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_MaOHxb2PBBCCT

Galaxy S7 Edge Case, SUPCASE Full-body Rugged Holster Case WITHOUT Built-in Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (2016 Release), Unicorn Beetle PRO Series - Retail Package (Black/Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BLI4FWI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_RbOHxbSAWS6AQ

neezy13

Apr 12, 2011
Kings Mountain, NC
I've been using the Cover-Ups Explorer case. It has minimal drop protection but looks very nice with the wooden back. However, today I ordered a SUPcase Unicorn Beetle Pro (what a terrible name!) because it looks like it can be installed over screen protectors without any issues.

SinisterDev

Mar 15, 2012
I gotta say, the Spiegen Tough Armor is wonderful so far! My phone feels much safer than it did in the other case! I think Ill be sticking with this. Buttons are a little tougher to press vs. the Neo Hybrid Crystal, but Its worth it for the extra protection imo.

SinisterDev

Mar 15, 2012
Just an update, got my other case yesterday, seems good, however it's massive. I'm going back to my tough armor. I'm also looking for a good screen protector.

I grabbed the IllumiAquashield off of Amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F5VMRCM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Im pretty picky when it comes to screen protectors. This is really great so far! Its a wet application and when done properly it looks fantastic! Can hardly tell that there is a protector on the screen. Just read the application tips that people added in the reviews if you decide to get it.
Its also case friendly. Fits perfect with my Tough Armor, and there's no sign of the edges lifting up from taking the case on and off. Im genuinely impressed. The kit comes with 2 protectors and they guarantee them for life.
Some pretty respectable points about the company aside from the warranty too. Theyre made in America and manufactured using 100% renewable energy ( just in case you care about that sorta thing).
Like I said, My application went on flawlessly, so if you have any questions, just shoot me a pm!

Reactions: msd24200

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using the Spigen Tough Armor and it's fantastic. Probably dropped my phone about 4-5 times and it's done it's job. It fits really snug and isn't bulky at all. It's on amazon for 17.99. If you have any questions about that case let me know

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A7IDNWQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_lV.ExbA6W2QXV

I grabbed the IllumiAquashield off of Amazon. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F5VMRCM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Im pretty picky when it comes to screen protectors. This is really great so far! Its a wet application and when done properly it looks fantastic! Can hardly tell that there is a protector on the screen. Just read the application tips that people added in the reviews if you decide to get it.
    Its also case friendly. Fits perfect with my Tough Armor, and there's no sign of the edges lifting up from taking the case on and off. Im genuinely impressed. The kit comes with 2 protectors and they guarantee them for life.
    Some pretty respectable points about the company aside from the warranty too. Theyre made in America and manufactured using 100% renewable energy ( just in case you care about that sorta thing).
    Like I said, My application went on flawlessly, so if you have any questions, just shoot me a pm!