What rom are YOu using?

Search This thread

atcq28

Jul 13, 2012
I have USA 5 running Chip 1.5

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda app-developers app

pnilz

Nov 25, 2012
I have a YP-G70 intl and I use stock rom with rj's kernel, the ICS roms are nice but doesn't have hw accelaration and camera so its not for me, since I use the device mostly for netflix.

Dr. Cyanide

Sep 21, 2012
Chip 1.5 on Entropy kernel (SGP 5.0 US).

Occasionally I see slight moments where the device waits before registering input (between once a day and once a week, usually while scrolling). I don't have the Google Voice APK or the Notepad that Samsung included with the Player, and I haven't spent enough time searching for ways to reinstall them.

On the plus side, games that were a little glitchy before run a bit smoother. I also really like the expanded controls on top of the notification tab.

Chip is a Gingerbread based ROM, so it could be better on an ICS ROM.

Reactions: atcq28

potatoman83

Apr 26, 2012
I am using the ParanoidAndroid Port Beta 1.1. It runs very nicely. Just needs YouTube and Netflix support, a few speed increases, and its good enough to run daily.

Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk 2

augiem94

Aug 7, 2012
Deering
Debloated stock w/ Entropy512's kernel

Just tested CM10 Alpha 4 and it is gorgeous, if you own the GP5 USA you have to try it! Buttery smooth!

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

Last edited:

obscuresword

Jun 24, 2012
IcyFusion + Klin's R3 kernel. Going to change to one of the newer 4.0.4 roms (Codename: Nebula, Linaro, or PΔRΔNOIDΔNDROID ) when most or all of the bugs are fixed.

potatoman83

Apr 26, 2012
I've tried all the gingerbread roms, and I'd say by far the best I had used was the gamerz rom for 4.0 player by hanthesolo with the terrasilent kernel.

A

arceusg

I use PA on the USA 5.0. It's great! Despite lack of HWA and Cam, I love it.

zsld0423

Sep 16, 2010
I've got the US 4.0 running ParanoidAndroid v1.6 beta1.1, pretty smooth for me so far, really liking having the notification bar and on-screen buttons at the bottom

mwclark7

Jun 24, 2012
I'm using terra silent kernel and icy fusion ROM along with launcher pro. Its a stable combo and every thing works. Performance isn't bad either :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Chip 1.5 on Entropy kernel (SGP 5.0 US).

Occasionally I see slight moments where the device waits before registering input (between once a day and once a week, usually while scrolling). I don't have the Google Voice APK or the Notepad that Samsung included with the Player, and I haven't spent enough time searching for ways to reinstall them.

On the plus side, games that were a little glitchy before run a bit smoother. I also really like the expanded controls on top of the notification tab.

Chip is a Gingerbread based ROM, so it could be better on an ICS ROM.