• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What should I buy next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

eLbor11

Apr 22, 2011
Riga
Okay, so my story goes like this...

I had some android phones:
my first - HTC Desire Z
next one - HTC Evo 3D
and the next one - HTC Sensation
and finaly Sony Xperia Z
after that I my mind went sideways and I bought iPhone 5s, I said to my self - "How can I diss the iPhone if I had never realy used it (iPod touch does not count ^^)
So I tried it and actualy I dont like it, because there is no Android :D as dull as it sounds, but I just want to install new ROMS every damn week and tweek them and the apps that require root access just does magic to your phone, anyway the best Android I ever had was HTC Evo 3D, and no, not because of the 3D camera and 3D display, beacause, I liked the design, but battery life was crap, pardon my french. but I bought second battery and it was as little as matter of changing the battery in the middle of the day, other than that I loved the speed of Evo, the design, yes even thou it was plastic... so my question is what to buy next, I am going to sell my iPhone and buy an Android phone, but I have a problem with choosing the right one, beacause I literaly hate the on screen buttons that are on the newest Android phones, I hated them on my Xperia and I hate them now, and my only choice is Samsung Galaxy S5, I want the phone to be fast, modern and to support as much new Android versions as possible, but I dislike S5, I just dont like the design and all the cool over-priced features will go away as I like my Androids with stock experience like CyanogenMod or AKOP, so what should I do/buy?

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
Okay, so my story goes like this...

I had some android phones:
my first - HTC Desire Z
next one - HTC Evo 3D
and the next one - HTC Sensation
and finaly Sony Xperia Z
after that I my mind went sideways and I bought iPhone 5s, I said to my self - "How can I diss the iPhone if I had never realy used it (iPod touch does not count ^^)
So I tried it and actualy I dont like it, because there is no Android :D as dull as it sounds, but I just want to install new ROMS every damn week and tweek them and the apps that require root access just does magic to your phone, anyway the best Android I ever had was HTC Evo 3D, and no, not because of the 3D camera and 3D display, beacause, I liked the design, but battery life was crap, pardon my french. but I bought second battery and it was as little as matter of changing the battery in the middle of the day, other than that I loved the speed of Evo, the design, yes even thou it was plastic... so my question is what to buy next, I am going to sell my iPhone and buy an Android phone, but I have a problem with choosing the right one, beacause I literaly hate the on screen buttons that are on the newest Android phones, I hated them on my Xperia and I hate them now, and my only choice is Samsung Galaxy S5, I want the phone to be fast, modern and to support as much new Android versions as possible, but I dislike S5, I just dont like the design and all the cool over-priced features will go away as I like my Androids with stock experience like CyanogenMod or AKOP, so what should I do/buy?

there is already a thread for the next phone you want http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1620179 , also i recommend that you dont buy the Galaxy s5 unless your willing to deal with Samsung KNOX when you want to flash roms. if anything i would wait for the nexus 6 if we get one (nexus 5 is perfect if you want something now)

cuhulainn423

Dec 4, 2013

eLbor11

Apr 22, 2011
Riga
I love Nexus 5, the design, support from the xda devs for that phone, but it does not change that the nexus 5 has those on-screen buttons that I cant stand, and I believe Nexus 6 will have them too.

androidhacker007

Mar 26, 2014
I really like the samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 the battery is awsome. The one thing I haven't figured out is how to remove any traces of root (for warranty issues) does any one know how to remove any and all signs of a root so my warranty is not voided. That include any bootloader and flash counter. SM-310

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
I really like the samsung galaxy tab 3 8.0 the battery is awsome. The one thing I haven't figured out is how to remove any traces of root (for warranty issues) does any one know how to remove any and all signs of a root so my warranty is not voided. That include any bootloader and flash counter. SM-310

Sent from my SM-T310 using xda app-developers app

what version of android did you update it to? i know offical stock 4.3 for all samsung devices gave them the KNOX bootloaders.

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

If we get one? I'm curious, is there speculation that there won't be a Nexus 6?

im Curious aswell, phones with big screens are great but, even with Samsung which decides it wants big screens on their phones, how big can we really go? the Galaxy s5 is supposed to have a 5.1" display and thats getting pretty close to 7" like the nexus 7.

eLbor11

Apr 22, 2011
Riga
You said it yourself. If you really hate onscreen buttons that much I don't see what other choice you have.

If you can get around that though I think the Z2 looks like the best phone out at the moment, or the new HTC One.

I know, I know, but I realy dont like what samsung is doing, I dont like the design and all the bloat, I just though maybe there is another choice

Status
Not open for further replies.