Question What The Heck Just happened??

Search This thread

HipKat

Recognized Contributor
As in a factory reset also? If so, could someone have access to your Google account and wiped your phone?
No, it didn't factory reset, I just got the typical notification that there was an update and it had the whole Welcome to Android 12 with bullet points of features that came with Android 12. It was a 2.3GB Download.

• Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

NippleSauce

Jun 23, 2013
No, it didn't factory reset, I just got the typical notification that there was an update and it had the whole Welcome to Android 12 with bullet points of features that came with Android 12. It was a 2.3GB Download.
Did you have the device officially enrolled in the Android 13 beta? Perhaps if you did and then you had unenrolled from the beta, they set it to automatically uninstall that OS and bring you back to Android 12 stable whenever the next A13 beta update released and was pushed - which was about a day before you posted this.

Just pulling at straws for speculation here, haha.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

HipKat

Recognized Contributor
Did you have the device officially enrolled in the Android 13 beta? Perhaps if you did and then you had unenrolled from the beta, they set it to automatically uninstall that OS and bring you back to Android 12 stable whenever the next A13 beta update released and was pushed - which was about a day before you posted this.

Good guess, but nope. I thought about it in the past but those beta releases are always so buggy that I chose not to

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Good guess, but nope. I thought about it in the past but those beta releases are always so buggy that I chose not to
    As in a factory reset also? If so, could someone have access to your Google account and wiped your phone?

Might be related to this: https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ota/ab
    If something got messed up with applying your update to the second partition, and it somehow reset to a clean state, then you could end up the situation as described