What to debloat from ADB? [S21 Ultra]

Search This thread

amithiel

Nov 9, 2011
/local/bin
Hey guys,
My phone is arriving in the next days, i haven't played with a samsung phone since the galaxy S2!
Anyway, it's time for a come back. I've been reading a lot about samsung phones and the current state of bloat, so, have any of you already debloated something?

My goal is to keep it very simple, not doing any hardcore debloats! I just want the usual suspects gone... like facebook, youtube and whatever thirdparty apps.
I found a list of apps safe to debloat from the S20 series, i wonder if its the same for S21.

Cheers! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

BTW, i was reading about the samsung KNOX, we still can't root the phone without breaking it forever, right?

Goku1992

You can likely use the s20 lists. Hope s21 havent much more bloatware... You cann first try to disable (most of them you can only siable via adb) them and look if everything is okay (reboot after disabling) and then uninstall if everything is fine(if not you can reenable them if disabled, if you deleted them you must wipe your phone) i do this everytime and then make a notepad list with uninstall adb commands and im good :)

Reactions: amithiel

katolink

Aug 12, 2011
Bucharest
Hey guys,
My phone is arriving in the next days, i haven't played with a samsung phone since the galaxy S2!
Anyway, it's time for a come back. I've been reading a lot about samsung phones and the current state of bloat, so, have any of you already debloated something?

My goal is to keep it very simple, not doing any hardcore debloats! I just want the usual suspects gone... like facebook, youtube and whatever thirdparty apps.
I found a list of apps safe to debloat from the S20 series, i wonder if its the same for S21.

BTW, i was reading about the samsung KNOX, we still can't root the phone without breaking it forever, right?
Can you please kindly post the list of apps safe to debloat you refer to? Also, do you have a link explaining what steps to follow to disable/delete them via adb? Thanks a lot! (y)

amithiel

Nov 9, 2011
/local/bin

katolink

Aug 12, 2011
Bucharest

Goku1992

Hey guys,

Sorry mate i overread Samsung knox thing: no you cant root without trigger knox. But you can disable things without problems :)

Reactions: amithiel

goudidi

Apr 6, 2020
Hey guys,

I downloaded the "Package disabler pro" app. She pays but I think she does the job.

Reactions: duckdodgers24

Goku1992

I downloaded the "Package disabler pro" app. She pays but I think she does the job.

Im not using this anymore... Till now ive paid a good 5 to 7 times for this app cause he deletes it and uploads it again....
So adb or nothing (this way you can delete them, but after wipe they are there again) but better than only disabling cause some disable apps will enable by themselfes again....

amithiel

Nov 9, 2011
/local/bin
Hey guys,

I just used ADB to debloat a few apps. Nothing much, just youtube ( i use vanced), google messaging, onedrive,samsung news and a couple more.
its great now!
cheers

xeod

Sep 21, 2010
Littleton
I would like to remove all Samsung bloatware including their Phone and Messaging apps... Does anyone have a complete "Safe" list of package names that can be deleted from the S21? The link to KrispiTech was nice, but it did not list any of the phone or message package names. wanting to strictly use Google apps for these

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
Reactions: wpscully and xeod

Top Liked Posts