• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question What type of AMOLED is used on Redmi Note 10 Pro?

Search This thread

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
Regarding the panel....why does AOD on this phone use battery like there's no tomorrow? It sucks the battery at an alarming rate. I have a Pixel 4a 5G as well and AOD on it doesn't use nearly as much battery.

My above comments hold true regardless of rom used, stock or custom. There has to be something weird going on with this panel for it to use so much battery on AOD.

And what adds to my suspicions is that the stock rom won't allow AOD to stay on continually.....unless you turn off battery optimisation in Developer Options. Xiaomi obviously knows that AOD on this phone uses lots of battery. Why else would they not allow AOD to be on all the time? They effectively have turned it into an AOD that isn't "always on". WTF???

View attachment 5432543

So i find it from a Turkish forum "Donanımhaber". The owner says, this pic from RN10. You see, samsung panel code is 38_0c_0a. Like our RN10P. So we can say: yes K6_38_0c_0a is samsung panel :)
Touch Panel & LCM both are two different parts. They're not same. In the attached screenshot the touch panel is goodix while display is unknown

Attachments

• IMG_20211014_080124.jpg
    IMG_20211014_080124.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Regarding the panel....why does AOD on this phone use battery like there's no tomorrow? It sucks the battery at an alarming rate. I have a Pixel 4a 5G as well and AOD on it doesn't use nearly as much battery.

My above comments hold true regardless of rom used, stock or custom. There has to be something weird going on with this panel for it to use so much battery on AOD.

And what adds to my suspicions is that the stock rom won't allow AOD to stay on continually.....unless you turn off battery optimisation in Developer Options. Xiaomi obviously knows that AOD on this phone uses lots of battery. Why else would they not allow AOD to be on all the time? They effectively have turned it into an AOD that isn't "always on". WTF???
That 10 second display feature available in stock ROM is called ambient display, not AOD.
There is no battery optimization setting in developer options. Only miui optimization option is available. Turning that off causes huge battery drain and other problems also mentioned in an XDA thread too.
I've been using a magisk module for real always on display, not 10 second ambient display, and I get more than 12hrs screen on time at 60hz while using epsilon kernel & stock ROM miui 12.5.8.
Also with that module AOD turns off temporarily if device is kept at low brightness conditions for long time to save battery.

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
That 10 second display feature available in stock ROM is called ambient display, not AOD.
There is no battery optimization setting in developer options. Only miui optimization option is available. Turning that off causes huge battery drain and other problems also mentioned in an XDA thread too.
I've been using a magisk module for real always on display, not 10 second ambient display, and I get more than 12hrs screen on time at 60hz while using epsilon kernel & stock ROM miui 12.5.8.
Also with that module AOD turns off temporarily if device is kept at low brightness conditions for long time to save battery.
Which magisk module exactly? I'd like to give it a try.

Which magisk module exactly? I'd like to give it a try.
Clear data of AOD app if you don't find this working and check again.

Last edited:

NC503

Apr 22, 2013
Touch Panel & LCM both are two different parts. They're not same. In the attached screenshot the touch panel is goodix while display is unknown

No. I don't think so. Yes you're right lcm and touch panel is not same. But TP PANEL INFORMATION isnt only touch panel information. Look at this, my borthers RN8 has huaxing panel and touch panel is fts_ts
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-14 at 11.44.55 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-14 at 11.59.13 (1).jpeg

And i send before, phone has samsung display, touch panel is fts_ts
5d0474a772aeb1a91f041fbbc897b4231.jpg
Adsız.png

So if tp panel: samsung means, the touch panel is samsung, it means that fts_ts is samsung. But my borthers phone shows huaxing but touch panel is fts_ts.

No. I don't think so. Yes you're right lcm and touch panel is not same. But TP PANEL INFORMATION isnt only touch panel information. Look at this, my borthers RN8 has huaxing panel and touch panel is fts_ts
View attachment 5433051
View attachment 5433067

And i send before, phone has samsung display, touch panel is fts_ts
View attachment 5433071View attachment 5433073

So if tp panel: samsung means, the touch panel is samsung, it means that fts_ts is samsung. But my borthers phone shows huaxing but touch panel is fts_ts.
The information in this screenshot proves that right but still It's all messed up & little confusing for me to understand 😅
Can you please tell me which app you're using in that screenshot 'software version'?

NC503

Apr 22, 2013
The information in this screenshot proves that right but still It's all messed up & little confusing for me to understand 😅
Can you please tell me which app you're using in that screenshot 'software version'?
stock CIT program. "Open the phone settings, go to the About Phone section and click on the Kernel Version 5 times in a row. You will see the service menu. Go to the Version Information section. "

But in our phones, this menu doesnt show the display name. Only show codes. But my brothers RN8 shows that.

stock CIT program. "Open the phone settings, go to the About Phone section and click on the Kernel Version 5 times in a row. You will see the service menu. Go to the Version Information section. "

But in our phones, this menu doesnt show the display name. Only show codes. But my brothers RN8 shows that.
On my phone version information shows only imei, kernel information, build information etc. Nothing about the hardware as in your screenshot :(

Top Liked Posts