• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. To discuss, report bugs and other issues, use this thread.

What VPN do you use?

Davieco

Jan 10, 2019
Budapest
Thinking of getting a VPN for general safety/encryption and Netflix US library unlock. Could anyone suggest a good provider for this matter? I tried searching for one, but with so many choices I feel lost. :(

I'm on a tight budget, so looking only at cheaper options.

Nate2

Dec 11, 2010
NordVPN. I got a 3-year subscription at a discounted price, but I hardly use it, lol.

I can install/activate it on my router so all my devices connect through VPN without having to install the VPN software on every device.

Sent using Tapatalk

Myrmeko

Nov 15, 2014
On Android, Vpnify. It's free and ad supported. It seems like a fair trade. Shows one ad when you connect and one ad when you disconnect. Always skippable ads.

strongst

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
Next to the Wiesn
Thinking of getting a VPN for general safety/encryption and Netflix US library unlock. Could anyone suggest a good provider for this matter? I tried searching for one, but with so many choices I feel lost. :(

There are some random promoted VPN from xda developers with discounts https://depot.xda-developers.com/search?cat=477&query=VPN

Also here's a list with VPN services https://www.xda-developers.com/android-vpn/

denisehilton

Dec 26, 2018
I use Opera Browser for VPN. I honestly don't see the point of purchasing a VPN software when you can simple get it for free as an add-on in the browser. Try it and thank me later.

psychedelicNerd

Mar 31, 2008
Windscribe FTW

I have Windscribe. Bought the lifetime subscription for it and have been using it like crazy. Both on my phone and PC to download movies/sw/music etc. The subscription came with the option to install it on 5 devices. Totally recommend it.

DJ Robby

Mar 18, 2019
Toronto
Short Answer: Windscribe or Proton VPN.

Windscribe is offered for free with up to 15GB/Month of bandwidth for free and it is faster than proton VPN, This is what you get with PRO:

Proton VPN is offered for free with UNLIMITED bandwidth but slower speeds than Windscribe, This is what you get with PRO:

Conclusion:
I don't like to pay for a VPN so I just use windscribe until my bandwidth is done and then I switch to Proton VPN until the end of the month and once my bandwidth is reset in windscribe I repeat the same process. If you want to pay for a VPN then I would recommend windscribe since you get more for cheaper :)

Last edited:

blinkblare

Apr 6, 2019
HideMyAss! Nice one. It's one of the largest VPN providers owned by Avast.
Jus Hola, its a pretty one and easy to use too.

---------- Post added at 08:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Are you also open to using an RDP, if yes then I would recommend using EC2 from amazon, I once used their free trial version for one year.

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone