What was the first phone you ever used?

Joe569

Aug 9, 2019
Hi guys! What was the first ever phone or device you ever used? Was it an Android, iOS or something else? Did it make you change your perception of the OS as more trustworthy? Are you still sticking to using that OS? What are your ideas?

Reactions: bitpushr

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
89 Motorola bag phone... lol, OS?
Just a mobile phone with a real light keypad.
No OS here, move along...

Last edited:

Heeni

Dec 25, 2020
Auckland NZ
Back in the late 1980s I did a few tests at my workplace with one of those massive shoe-sized mobile phones — name and model number totally forgotten.

The first phone that I owned was given to my by my son (probably when he upgraded), and I can't find it online. It was an old Motorola with memory for 20 contacts (!), text-only display, probably dating from around 2003 or so. OS? Did it even have one? :giggle: It's main claim to fame is that it did phone calls and texts, and very likely it would still be working if it hadn't been dropped in water.

Then followed a couple of Nokia Symbian S60 phones (6120c and E-63). After Symbian was discontinued, I acquired an Android model and have used Android in one form or another ever since. iOS doesn't appeal (maybe because they are all priced out of my range) but I occasionally look to see if anything is happening re Linux phone development.

noteblake016

Nov 12, 2019
Used dumb phones, until i got an lg optimus 3d p920 2.2.2 android ten years ago, that phone is still working to this day exept the battery ,i currently use a redmi 8 phone