• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General What would be your one more feature?

Search This thread

400ixl

Jul 27, 2006
Norwich
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So we pretty much know everything about the Google 6 Pro, but if you could have had one more feature which is not there, what would it be?

Returning to the Google phones from OnePlus, the face unlock alongside the in screen fingerprint reader will be the one thing I miss. Just for its added convenience.

What about you, what would be your request? Just a bit of fun whilst we wait for deliveries and the full reviews to arrive.

Reactions: galaxys

400ixl

Jul 27, 2006
Norwich
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It was rumoured it would have face unlock, so disappointed when it was not listed. Its software driven, so hopefully it will come. Its probably how 70% of the unlocks happen on my Oneplus 6T and means I keep the screen switch off set at the minimum.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
There is no mobile Dolby Atmos (headphone), it's all just some fake spacial audio algorithm that makes those two speakers appear to give you a spacial experience. And that spacial algorithm runs on ordinary codecs like aptx or LDAC; ergo e.g. the Pixel 6 will also offer Sonys "spacial audio" mumbo jumbo. There is no dedicated "Dolby Atmos" compatibility or codec on phones.

There is only one Dolby Atmos and that's a dedicated speaker setup with height speakers and several (2 at least) subwoofers plus a dedicated (big) receiver/amplifier (the sort that can actually handle more than/ or at least 11 channels), the rest is fake and sounds ****ty. I'd always advise people to just get a good pair of headphones and then run viper4android with a decent custom tailored ddc, convolver and equalizer (some ddcs/convolvers are free, some are sold here on xda for a couple bucks by people who know their ****, tailored to a specific product) and that way they can actually improve their listening experience (you need root for that, though, but it's worth it 100%), instead of being sound-dumb'ed by some fake spacial schmakery.

Last edited:
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

ynnek63

Jun 12, 2011
Louisville
There is no mobile Dolby Atmos (headphone), it's all just some fake spacial audio algorithm that makes those two speakers appear to give you a spacial experience. And that spacial algorithm runs on ordinary codecs like aptx or LDAC; ergo e.g. the Pixel 6 will also offer Sonys "spacial audio" mumbo jumbo. There is no dedicated "Dolby Atmos" compatibility or codec on phones.

There is only one Dolby Atmos and that's a dedicated speaker setup with height speakers and several (2 at least) subwoofers plus a dedicated (big) receiver/amplifier (the sort that can actually handle more than/ or at least 11 channels), the rest is fake and sounds ****ty. I'd always advise people to just get a good pair of headphones and then run viper4android with a decent custom tailored ddc, convolver and equalizer (some ddcs/convolvers are free, some are sold here on xda for a couple bucks by people who know their ****, tailored to a specific product) and that way they can actually improve their listening experience (you need root for that, though, but it's worth it 100%), instead of being sound-dumb'ed by some fake spacial schmakery.
I must say Apple's implementation of spatial audio on my AppleTV4K and my iPad Pro using Airpods Pro is pretty amazing. With the head tracking the sound always appears to come from the front even when you turn your head. Action scenes in movies is impressive. It may be an algorithm but they did it right.

ynnek63

Jun 12, 2011
Louisville
Not a folder just for files. One that can have apps that don't show up in regular phone searches. On my current phone I keep banking apps as well as versions of other apps that run seperate from the main phone such as outlook. And if you search for these in the app drawer or phone settings they do not show up.
Yes, it's almost like having a 2nd phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It should be rooted and de-Googled out of the box with Magisk pre-installed.
    Not a folder just for files. One that can have apps that don't show up in regular phone searches. On my current phone I keep banking apps as well as versions of other apps that run seperate from the main phone such as outlook. And if you search for these in the app drawer or phone settings they do not show up.
    For sure face unlock. It was fast and thoughtless. After that would be higher screen brightness. It always seems to be and issue with my pixels.
    For sure face unlock. It was fast and thoughtless. After that would be higher screen brightness. It always seems to be and issue with my pixels.
    The face thing on Pixel 4 XL has been pissing me off since the day I bought it. Half the time it unlocks when I don't want it to. Good riddance if it's not there any more.
    I'd like to see a "Secure Folder" feature like my Samsung Notes had.