Question What's good, what's bad???

Search This thread

Kuldar_Joel

Mar 25, 2019
So I'm thinking of buying the P6, there's a good deal on amazon for 529€.

So ppl who have used it what do u like about it and what not???

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
The only real annoyances I've encountered are the fingerprint reader occasionally not reading my fingerprint and the connectivity toggle in Android 12. The latter I fixed by rooting and installing Better Internet Tiles from the Play Store. The former? I deal with it for now, but I do think after taking the July update I'll set my fingerprints up again.

Reactions: manjaroid

FILIPSN007

Jun 16, 2012
I have some issue with multitasking. Sometimes I can't do a gesture to active multitasking. It's happening twice per day. June update din't solved it. It's really anoying.

an Apple sheep

Nov 29, 2018
So I'm thinking of buying the P6, there's a good deal on amazon for 529€.

So ppl who have used it what do u like about it and what not???
Most noticable annoyances for me are the slow fingerprint reader, the camera app taking like 5 seconds to switch between photo and video (idk if this happens to other p6s but it made me miss a lot of great shots) and no face unlock.

Borh77

Apr 27, 2011
Paris
What's good
- pure Android without bloatware
- very good photos
- Material Me (it is a gimmick but I like it)
- flat screen with deep blacks

What's bad
- charging slow compared to my previous phone (Xiaomi mi 11 Ultra)? Not on par with competition on this criteria

What's neither good neither bad
- fingerprint reader : I don't have any problem, it works as my previous Xiaomi mi 11 Ultra but not as fast as my Galaxy tab S8
- screen brighrness, I have no problem reading it even in sunlight, but I have seen brighter (my Galaxy tab S8)
- battery life. I have 10h SOT, 34h overall. More than enough for one day, but not enough for 2 days

Overall, I like this phone a lot, more than my previous Xiaomi mi 11 Ultra even if it is far cheaper.

tokuzumi

Nov 25, 2008
What's good
- pure Android without bloatware
- very good photos
- Material Me (it is a gimmick but I like it)
- flat screen with deep blacks

What's bad
- charging slow compared to my previous phone (Xiaomi mi 11 Ultra)? Not on par with competition on this criteria

What's neither good neither bad
- fingerprint reader : I don't have any problem, it works as my previous Xiaomi mi 11 Ultra but not as fast as my Galaxy tab S8
- screen brighrness, I have no problem reading it even in sunlight, but I have seen brighter (my Galaxy tab S8)
- battery life. I have 10h SOT, 34h overall. More than enough for one day, but not enough for 2 days

Overall, I like this phone a lot, more than my previous Xiaomi mi 11 Ultra even if it is far cheaper.
Slow charging is probably due to optimized charging being checked. It will slowly charge overnight and will be at 100% just before your alarm is set to go off. At least that's how it's supposed to work. Didn't work on my wife's pixel 6 so we disabled it.

Borh77

Apr 27, 2011
Paris
Slow charging is probably due to optimized charging being checked. It will slowly charge overnight and will be at 100% just before your alarm is set to go off. At least that's how it's supposed to work. Didn't work on my wife's pixel 6 so we disabled it.
With my previous Xiaomi mi 11 Ultra, I could charge from 0 to 80% in less than 30mn and to 100% in less than 45mn. I am sure there are no Pixel 6 settings that could allow that.

Reactions: Old man android

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Slow charging? It does 30W USB PD/21W Wireless.. that's roughly 66% in 1h. Sure the Mi Ultra 11 charges at 65W+ but its also a Li-Po battery, while P6 uses the more common Li-Ion. Li-Po batteries have a shorter life-cycle and charging at 65W+ will degrade its life-span even faster.

I plug my phone in for 30mins and I get 30-40% battery which is a more than enough charge to get me through whatever for the day. Though only time I actually ever have needed to plug my phone in to get me through the day is when I play games on it for a while.

The fingerprint reader is slow but it has dramatically improved since release. It was annoyingly slow at launch, now I don't even notice the lag.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The only real annoyances I've encountered are the fingerprint reader occasionally not reading my fingerprint and the connectivity toggle in Android 12. The latter I fixed by rooting and installing Better Internet Tiles from the Play Store. The former? I deal with it for now, but I do think after taking the July update I'll set my fingerprints up again.
    With my previous Xiaomi mi 11 Ultra, I could charge from 0 to 80% in less than 30mn and to 100% in less than 45mn. I am sure there are no Pixel 6 settings that could allow that.