• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

What's the best Galaxy S8 ROM for a former OxygenOS user

Search This thread

mizifih

Oct 22, 2010
www.marciobm.com
Hi there guys. So, for the ones that are promptly telling me to search the forum, I'm already say I tried and it was overwhelming to me. A lot of options here and I'm confused. I'm away from modding for quite a while, I think the basics are still the same, but the options are crazy, there are a lot.

The context is... My OnePlus 5 battery is dying and I got a S8 (SM-950FD) from a family member, but the OneUI, honestly, is pure garbage on nitro, there's an ad for McAfee on it for crying out loud. Also, it's not as fluid as the OxygenOS on my OnePlus and I'm missing some options, like the one to disable mobile data usage in the app data options, OneUI disables only background data usage, not enough for me. And I bet that there are apps to do that, but than, I think it's more bloat anyways, having a set of apps to each do just it's one thing.

But so far, the one that I'm kinda inclined to use is LineageOS 17.1 (lineage-17.1-20201215-UNOFFICIAL-dreamlte), but I'm still insecure about it. I chose this one because it seems that everything is working, and that's very important, because I'm going to use it every day in it's plenitude.

So... what ROM that fully work can I use that is not bloated and let me kill network data for specific apps?

Thank you all who took the time :)

Reactions: orkavaneger

mustardman29

Dec 2, 2010
Hi there guys. So, for the ones that are promptly telling me to search the forum, I'm already say I tried and it was overwhelming to me. A lot of options here and I'm confused. I'm away from modding for quite a while, I think the basics are still the same, but the options are crazy, there are a lot.

The context is... My OnePlus 5 battery is dying and I got a S8 (SM-950FD) from a family member, but the OneUI, honestly, is pure garbage on nitro, there's an ad for McAfee on it for crying out loud. Also, it's not as fluid as the OxygenOS on my OnePlus and I'm missing some options, like the one to disable mobile data usage in the app data options, OneUI disables only background data usage, not enough for me. And I bet that there are apps to do that, but than, I think it's more bloat anyways, having a set of apps to each do just it's one thing.

But so far, the one that I'm kinda inclined to use is LineageOS 17.1 (lineage-17.1-20201215-UNOFFICIAL-dreamlte), but I'm still insecure about it. I chose this one because it seems that everything is working, and that's very important, because I'm going to use it every day in it's plenitude.

So... what ROM that fully work can I use that is not bloated and let me kill network data for specific apps?

I feel your pain about trying to find info on this forum. Overwhelming is a nice way to put it. It's a bloated mess.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, you should try Havok OS v3.12.
    Everything works fingerprints, face unlock, navigation gestures...except VOLTE but it doesn't really matter.