• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Whats the best Variant for US

Search This thread

avid_droid

Aug 24, 2019
Maui,Hawaii
OnePlus 9
For me, Tmo has had the least of issues. No data or calling issues. No Bluetooth issues such as robot voices on car stereo and better distance outside of vehicle. No odd hiccups.
Although people are mislead with T-Mobiles update numbers not matching,they're actually the same. 11.2.8.8 for AA,DA,BA will be realeased on TMobile as 11.2.6.6. it's the same patches and iterations.
Looking forward to either Monday or Tuesday to getting my new op9.
Selling my imac tomorrow and will not be getting a computer for awhile as I'm tired of either breaking phones or bricking them.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Software doesn't give you access to additional bands. You might have SA41 (tmo) but more likely you are just on b2/66 and tmo just gives you the 5G icon. Check with cellmapper to be sure. Your best bet is to get rid of the 2110 and get an actual US device if you want proper 5g

daweeze02

Jul 10, 2009
For me, Tmo has had the least of issues. No data or calling issues. No Bluetooth issues such as robot voices on car stereo and better distance outside of vehicle. No odd hiccups.
Although people are mislead with T-Mobiles update numbers not matching,they're actually the same. 11.2.8.8 for AA,DA,BA will be realeased on TMobile as 11.2.6.6. it's the same patches and iterations.
Looking forward to either Monday or Tuesday to getting my new op9.
Selling my imac tomorrow and will not be getting a computer for awhile as I'm tired of either breaking phones or bricking them.

My first oneplus arrives tomorrow, so it's safe to say I should flash the t-mobile rom over my unlocked vanilla rom? I do live in an area where t-mobile isn't the strong hence why I dumped my verizon s21 ultra for something where I can easily control options down to the service menu etc. Funny I tested my non branded moto g and had less call drops with a tmobile sim than I did with my verizon unlocked s21 with the tmb sim.

craznazn

Nov 12, 2009
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 9 Pro
My first oneplus arrives tomorrow, so it's safe to say I should flash the t-mobile rom over my unlocked vanilla rom? I do live in an area where t-mobile isn't the strong hence why I dumped my verizon s21 ultra for something where I can easily control options down to the service menu etc. Funny I tested my non branded moto g and had less call drops with a tmobile sim than I did with my verizon unlocked s21 with the tmb sim.
No, don't flash the t-mo rom over anything lol. If you are on tmobile and ordered a LE2115/2125 just don't mess with it unless installing a custom rom.

Superguy

Nov 28, 2007
Baltimore
Does anyone have the latest T-Mo modem files? I'm currently on the Europe 11.2.8.8 image but I've been having radio problems since I moved off of the T-Mo base (started with 11.2.4.4 global). I'm getting bad call quality, Wifi and BT issues, and seeming slow data.

I'd like to try flashing the modem files first before redoing the whole thing with MSM.

One other thing - going back to a T-Mo load with MSM won't SIM relock my phone, will it?

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay sounds good. I had just read above that someone said the tmobile firmware was less buggy than the unlocked version but maybe those issues have been worked out I guess.
    No I didn't say that. It's meant if converting from Tmo to Global roms. If you are on Global stay there.
    Bro Omega kernal is off the chain. So much battery life. Not sure as far for connection. And yeah 9 and 9 Pro are universal.