Question What's the best way to install latest chinese beta?

Search This thread
Greetings!

I'm currently using the latest Stable rom for global (12.5.1), I'm rooted and I have TWRP, everything is working fine.

Don't ask me why lol, but I want to install the latest chinese beta (miui_ALIOTH_21.6.2_6d346564dd_11.0, https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/alioth/weekly/21.6.2/), I copy the file to internal storage, boot into twrp, flash it, clean cache and reboot.

After those steps, the phone reboots and it enters in a semi-bootloop on the poco logo. The phone restarts a few times (like 5-6) and after that, it boots succesfully.

When it boots, it boots into the stable rom (12.5.1) and not the recently flashed chinese beta (21.6.2), does anyone knows why this happen? D=

Also as extra info, my device is global, so, there's no issue if I try to install a chinese beta, right?

Have an awesome day! =D

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
i'm probably not of much use here, but as no-one else has replied i'll tell you...!
i had the same issue but it was a while ago now, so i can't actually recall how i rectified it (sorry). but i think i either flashed the rom, then before booting to system, factory reset in twrp by typing 'yes'. then boot to system...

or, i flashed both slots, a and b with the rom zip. in twrp go to reboot, then you can see which slot is active. flash rom, then reboot to other slot in twrp. after changing to alternative slot i think i then, as i always do when changing slots in twrp, rebooted twrp itself to be sure alt slot is deffo active. then flash rom to alt slot. then, after both slots are flashed, factory reset typing 'yes' then boot to system...

like i say, sorry if that's a bit vague, i really can't recall the remedy. good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimbaroth
i'm probably not of much use here, but as no-one else has replied i'll tell you...!
i had the same issue but it was a while ago now, so i can't actually recall how i rectified it (sorry). but i think i either flashed the rom, then before booting to system, factory reset in twrp by typing 'yes'. then boot to system...

or, i flashed both slots, a and b with the rom zip. in twrp go to reboot, then you can see which slot is active. flash rom, then reboot to other slot in twrp. after changing to alternative slot i think i then, as i always do when changing slots in twrp, rebooted twrp itself to be sure alt slot is deffo active. then flash rom to alt slot.

like i say, sorry if that's a bit vague, i really can't recall the remedy. good luck
Let me try that!

Also, and just to clarify, I want to flash the latest chinese beta because I want to use Arrow OS without any issues.

As I said, I'm currently running the latest stable MIUI, and If I flash Arrow OS on top of it, I face a looooooot of random crashes/reboots, to the point that I can't do anything on it.

Nothing fails when I use the stable beta, so I don't really know why this is happening. D=

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
Let me try that!

Also, and just to clarify, I want to flash the latest chinese beta because I want to use Arrow OS without any issues.

As I said, I'm currently running the latest stable MIUI, and If I flash Arrow OS on top of it, I face a looooooot of random crashes/reboots, to the point that I can't do anything on it.

Nothing fails when I use the stable beta, so I don't really know why this is happening. D=
i'm in that exact boat, running arrowOS with 21.6.2 XiaomiEU flashed before hand. i had my first and only rr today, not sure what caused it. no biggy though, i can live with one... but i have had a few audio issues. it's a bit weird, but audio over bluetooth cuts out every few seconds... until, and this is the odd part, i launch whatsapp and make a video call (found out by chance). after that bluetooth audio works fine. needs repeating after each reboot.

i didn't complain/report the rr or audio issue as i'm not using an early build of miui as a base ie 12.03 etc.

i'm in that exact boat, running arrowOS with 21.6.2 XiaomiEU flashed before hand. i had my first and only rr today, not sure what caused it. no biggy though, i can live with one... but i have had a few audio issues. it's a bit weird, but audio over bluetooth cuts out every few seconds... until, and this is the odd part, i launch whatsapp and make a video call (found out by chance). after that bluetooth audio works fine. needs repeating after each reboot.

i didn't complain/report the rr or audio issue as i'm not using an early build of miui as a base ie 12.03 etc.
I'm gonna try flashing the latest firmware, as someone sugested on the Arrow OS thread, maybe (and hopefully) that'll fix bluetooth and proximity sensor issues.

I'm interested in hearing your experiences.
I am still wondering if flashing a Chinese firmware on arrowos is really a good idea, even tho some ppl reported that it works fine.
I flashed the pack for the lates fw, and I got some random reboots the first 2-3 times it booted, but after that it seems to be steady.

I can confirm that the proximity sensor issue is aaaaaaalmost gone, it stills fails but way less that before. The blutooth issues I still haven't tested em yet (I need to get into my car to do that).

So, yeah, it's safe to flash the latets fw: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/alioth/weekly/21.6.2/

=)

sty2009

Sep 10, 2019
Hello,

I am planning on getting the Chinese Rom as well, however, I am still waiting for my bootloader to unlock, about 72 hours left.
So what I got from the comments up there is you can flash the Chinese rom even if you are on Poco F3 and it is for Redmi k40 but you have to install the latest firmware first and that's it? Do you need to do something else first?

Not to mention the TWRP of course!

Apologies since I am kind of new to this thing

Thanks

Hello,

I am planning on getting the Chinese Rom as well, however, I am still waiting for my bootloader to unlock, about 72 hours left.
So what I got from the comments up there is you can flash the Chinese rom even if you are on Poco F3 and it is for Redmi k40 but you have to install the latest firmware first and that's it? Do you need to do something else first?

Not to mention the TWRP of course!

Apologies since I am kind of new to this thing

Thanks
You don't have to install the latest fw in order to get a working chinese rom install, but the latest fw always contains tweaks and stuff for many internal components (i.e. wifi, bluetooth, proximity sensors, etc), so yeah, that's recommended.

And yeah, you need to flash TWRP first, buuuuuut as reg66 said, you need to flash it on both of your phone slots (A and B), that way everything will work without issues. =)

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
hmm... just realised the weekly China (xiaomi EU) that i downloaded is different. didn't check your link in OP...
mine is xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_21.6.2_v12-11.zip from here

i usually check here xiaomi.eu for updates. if i were only flashing stock roms, i would only use the exact rom for my model/device ie poco f3 from here. other than that, for latest roms i would stick with xiaomi.eu roms...

anyway, i'll shut up now lol, i am a bit worse for wear and just waffling!!!

丶铭丿昱

Apr 9, 2012
我使用的改名法,成功更新系统。

----------

MOD EDIT: English Translation Below

The name change method I used successfully updated the system.

Last edited by a moderator:

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 6
Does anyonw know what's the rename method?
as a guess it's where you download the latest zip and rename it to 'update.zip' then put it in folder called 'downloaded_rom' and then update from settings or perhaps wait for prompt if set to auto update. can't say for sure though, haven't tried this method.

actually, just read, you can also rename the rom to update.zip and put in root of storage, then update via stock recovery... but again, i've not tried this method

EDIT: so there's no need to rename the zip. under settings, click on about phone/miui version and click the version multiple times until you get a message saying 'extra update features available' or something like that. click on the three dot menu on top right corner and click choose update package. navigate to your downloaded incremental update which from 12.0.3 global to 12.5.1 can be found here

Last edited:
EDIT: so there's no need to rename the zip. under settings, click on about phone/miui version and click the version multiple times until you get a message saying 'extra update features available' or something like that. click on the three dot menu on top right corner and click choose update package. navigate to your downloaded incremental update which from 12.0.3 global to 12.5.1 can be found here
This is how I updated from 12.0.3 to 12.5.1, but only works from global to global (or same region to same region), if you try global to chinese, it doesn't work. =(

Reactions: Alin45

zyasin

Sep 7, 2012
You don't have to install the latest fw in order to get a working chinese rom install, but the latest fw always contains tweaks and stuff for many internal components (i.e. wifi, bluetooth, proximity sensors, etc), so yeah, that's recommended.

And yeah, you need to flash TWRP first, buuuuuut as reg66 said, you need to flash it on both of your phone slots (A and B), that way everything will work without issues. =)
can you please guide how to flash latest chinese beta 21.7.13 here through TWRP and which TWRP is recommended and how to flash it on both of phone slots (A and B)?

Stoffl_

Jan 18, 2007
Just intall Xiaomi.eu weekly ?
Why bother with an ad- and "analytics" infested unmodified china rom ?

cyanGalaxy

Dec 30, 2018
Germany
Sony Xperia M
Moto G4
The "Semi-bootloop" happened, because the bootloader detected that after a few trials Slot A is simply not bootable, so it switched to Slot B.
kzqhqamrtjb11.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

or, i flashed both slots, a and b with the rom zip. in twrp go to reboot, then you can see which slot is active. flash rom, then reboot to other slot in twrp. after changing to alternative slot i think i then, as i always do when changing slots in twrp, rebooted twrp itself to be sure alt slot is deffo active. then flash rom to alt slot. then, after both slots are flashed, factory reset typing 'yes' then boot to system...

This is how I updated from 12.0.3 to 12.5.1, but only works from global to global (or same region to same region), if you try global to chinese, it doesn't work. =(